Milage/KWH ratio

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bernie82

I believe the most accurate method of calculating mileage ratio requires a GID meter. I use miles driven from the odometer / (KWH used) from the GID meter and I find that the ratio presented by the trip computer and the touch screen are almost always .5 higher than the GID meter calculation. I'm wondering if my GID meter is off or is the Leaf misrepresenting mileage ratio? Anyone else experience this phenomena?

If I understand correctly, I believe you're seeing the ~2.5% error seen by CarWings (and it's components); that is, miles reported by CarWings components (not the center console) are LOW. I use a Modlet (from ThinkEco) to record energy usage from the wall and multiply my CarWings miles by 1.025 to get a true "wall-to-wheels" $/mile cost for my Leaf.

bernie82 said:
I believe the most accurate method of calculating mileage ratio requires a GID meter. I use miles driven from the odometer / (KWH used) from the GID meter and I find that the ratio presented by the trip computer and the touch screen are almost always .5 higher than the GID meter calculation. I'm wondering if my GID meter is off or is the Leaf misrepresenting mileage ratio? Anyone else experience this phenomena?

What scale factor are you using to convert from gids to kWh? Or are you actually integrating V*I*dt?

GIDs are not linear - you will see a the Leaf reported m/kWh and the one you calculate using Gids differ quite a bit depending on the SOC.

Back