May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I got transfered to a supervisor. He offered to call me back with more info (he said he'll have to research that info....). No one has ANY info, but he offered to go dig. I told him I wasn't going to take the offer of a call back since I've been promised two call backs by supervisors before and I never got any. I told him I'd stay on the phone as long as it takes. So he put me on hold....it's now been over an hour. I have a feeling he'll leave me hanging forever and that he is, in fact, NOT digging for info, because there isn't any to find at CS. I believe the info is only to be found at Nissan North America, but no one will ever let you talk to anyone there.

Got the 2 information-less emails at 6:32 am and then 8:44 from Nissan today as well, and my expected delivery on the Portal has moved yet again BACK to Week of May 10.

But Blink has yet to call me and schedule the install, so everything is in limbo.

I also got the "Expected Delivery" email this morning at 8:30. I had received the Congratulations email several weeks ago. My week of date has held at May 10th since Sunday morning, May 1st after bouncing 3 times in the few days prior to that.

So after being on hold for 1.5 hours, the manager finally came back on (I am actually surprised at that), saying that there is no one to talk to about getting the information I was asking for (why the car's held at port for 3 weeks). He told me that Nissan is not willing to share this information. No company (be it Toyota, Nissan or others) will ever be willing to discuss port scheduling issues with anyone. This is what he told me verbatim. So even if someone knew why our cars were held at the port (and I am 100% sure someone, somewhere knows), they wouldn't give that information.

He DID assure me that it's not waiting to rectify that out of order situation. He also DID specify that my car has an estimated ship date of May 9. Yesterday Jasmin couldn't tell me that information....weird. I asked why it would then take 17 days (from May 9 to May 26) for the car to get from LA to Seattle, and he told me it typically takes 14 days by rail from LA to Portland. Really? It's about 980 miles from LA to Portland. So even driving an average of 15mph, that shouldn't take more than 66 hours (3 days). Let's assume it stops at various places even for a day or two, let's stay 3 stops, each for an extra 2 days, that's 9 days total, still a long way to 14 days!!! What's going on with rail shipment!!!

sdbmania said:
After over a month at being at April 14th, this morning I find that my date has changed to May 12th.
Maybe this is good. A couple weeks ago I figured I really had a May date, but it didn't update to just now.

Congratulations to Adbmania!

I reserved the Leaf on May 18, 2010 and ordered it (RAQ) on Jan 13, 2011. Now, my ETD is still in July 2011. I just called the CS, and I was told my ETD would be on July 12, 2011.

Any input and insight about this ETD will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and have a nice day.

My car (ETA May 9 as of this morning) just rolled off the truck at Mossy Poway!
I received the Nissan email twins this morning as well.

I'm going to call CS just for old time's sake and find out if my car is still on hold for accessories. :)

GroundLoop said:
My car (ETA May 9 as of this morning) just rolled off the truck at Mossy Poway!
I received the Nissan email twins this morning as well.

I'm going to call CS just for old time's sake and find out if my car is still on hold for accessories. :)

:lol: Congrats - I did have the same hope that this would happen to me this morning after my latest frustration with CS....this is like one of my kids' favorite imaginary games..."opposites day"

BnBinSD said:
Like Turbo3, I just received a second email, subject: Nissan Leaf: Expected Delivery.
+1 on that "Expected Delivery" e-mail this morning, which I'm assuming is the "7 day" e-mail.

Late yesterday (5-something) I got the call that my Leaf was being unloaded! The day before the dealer said they hadn't been invoiced yet, so it all happened kind of quickly.

And I should be picking it up tomorrow, which amazingly is the current date on the dashboard! The only bummer is that as soon as I get it home, I will be heading back out in a Prius for the first part of the weekend (attempting to cover 62 miles on foot in the Marin Headlands), so I won't get to play with the car until Sunday. But I'm so not complaining.

VIN 703. Got the Timing Update e-mail, but no change in my date, Week of May 6. Bassman got his May 1 in Stockton, CA, I'm in Fresno. We had identical delivery date changes. Hmmm, the knuckle draggers at Clovis Nissan must be slow unwrapping mine.

I'm REALLY tired of buying ga$!

-HH

OrientExpress said:
Got the 2 information-less emails at 6:32 am and then 8:44 from Nissan today as well, and my expected delivery on the Portal has moved yet again BACK to Week of May 10.

But Blink has yet to call me and schedule the install, so everything is in limbo.

Darn it, the "expected delivery" email got my hopes up this morning, only to realize that this is not the 7 day email but some broadcast email and my dashboard had just moved from May 6 to May 12.

If only they can slap an UPS sticker on our car and we can track it's up to date shipping progress plus have an ETA date that actually holds true... one can always dream. :)

Turbo3 said:
BnBinSD, I got that same email at 6:30 AM and then two hours later got this "Expected delivery" email. James, the excitement of driving a part of automotive history is almost here! Your Nissan LEAF™ is scheduled to arrive at your local dealer soon. Once you take delivery of the vehicle, your initial $99 reservation fee will be refunded. If you have any further questions about the delivery process, just contact your Nissan Dealer. This seems to be the 7-Day email but with no mention of 7-Days. My date is still May 12.

The seven-day email mentions that it will be at the dealer within 7 days. I received the 'Owner's Portal' thing over a month ago when I received my VIN. I just received the second email today too saying it will arrive at the dealer soon. This isn't the 7-day email because 'soon' is a relative term. Soon to them could be by early June instead of a week or so. I would have rather received the actual 7-day email.

Zhaohui said:
I reserved the Leaf on May 18, 2010 and ordered it (RAQ) on Jan 13, 2011. Now, my ETD is still in July 2011. I just called the CS, and I was told my ETD would be on July 12, 2011. Any input and insight about this ETD will be highly appreciated. Thanks and have a nice day.

You ordered in Jan. and you called CS? Your delivery date sounds right. A bunch of us ordered in SEPT and we'll be lucky to get our LEAFs before June. After you've waited nine months like we have, then you should call.

LEAFfan said:
Zhaohui said:
I reserved the Leaf on May 18, 2010 and ordered it (RAQ) on Jan 13, 2011. Now, my ETD is still in July 2011. I just called the CS, and I was told my ETD would be on July 12, 2011. Any input and insight about this ETD will be highly appreciated. Thanks and have a nice day.

You ordered in Jan. and you called CS? Your delivery date sounds right. A bunch of us ordered in SEPT and we'll be lucky to get our LEAFs before June. After you've waited nine months like we have, then you should call.
I agree. Call CS back on 7/31 if you have no Leaf yet.

Timbuk said:
Nissan Sunnyvale tells me that 10 Leafs with 4-22-ish DB dates are on "hold." He's following up with the District Manager to get some clarification.

Any updates?

LEAFfan, I think this is the new replacement email for the old "7-Day" one. Wording is exactly the same except the part about 7 days has been replaced with soon. The first and last sentences are exactly the same wording ($99 deposit refunded...).

I was told that my car was ready for transport and I would get another email when that happened. This would appear to be that email.

Given the cars are going to take more or less time to get to the dealer depending on locaton and transport method (truck, train&truck) this wording is a better generic type email they can use for everyone.

So I don't think I will ever get a "7-Day" email. A standard 7 days max always seemed strange to me. I think we have seen many cases of it being less and also more than 7 days so "soon" is better wording.

Ok, let's just say it is on the train heading to Portland. One CS told another poster that it would take TWO weeks to get there from LB? Then it goes by truck to WA...another how many days (3?)? Then my PD said it will take another 3-5 days to ship it here. So if it were loaded today, that would make the ETA May 27th which would be the 'week of May 26'. So I thought the 'week of' was the day it was delivered to the dealer but I guess it is the delivery date to me. I feel a little better now. Thanks! :mrgreen:

I never received the "7 day email", but did receive the "Leaf will be here soon" version. Also, today my $99 deposit was credited back to our credit card. Now to get busy filling out all of the paperwork for the rebate, HOV stickers and parking. I am still pretty clueless :oops: about all of the functions on the car and experienced range anxiety yesterday afternoon with the temp at 90 degrees in the Sacramento area. I turned off the AC, but did make it home with plenty of range left. I need to get the EVSE Mod from Ingineer :cool: Oh, thanks for all of the congrats!

VIN 1265
Folsomevr

FYI: I was over at Boardwalk today and there were 15 or so Leafs there waiting PDI and delivery. The Service Director said they were expecting another truck load tomorrow.

Back