March Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frank said:
Did everyone that ordered on 8/31 on this board either receive their Leaf, or have been notified by their PD that the leaf will be ready for pick up this week? Have any of the 9/1 orders received their Leaf yet?

No.
No. But people with higher VIN #'s from my PD already have their cars. Grrrrrrrr.
N/A

Jimmydreams said:
Frank said:
Did everyone that ordered on 8/31 on this board either receive their Leaf, or have been notified by their PD that the leaf will be ready for pick up this week? Have any of the 9/1 orders received their Leaf yet?

No.
No. But people with higher VIN #'s from my PD already have their cars. Grrrrrrrr.
N/A

i feel ya Jimmy, VIN #259 is cruising the streets as we speak when my VIN # 258 has almost 3 weeks to go?? how is that?

From what I understand, VIN's aren't necessarily in numerical order from the factory.

Train said:
From what I understand, VIN's aren't necessarily in numerical order from the factory.

actually VINs are numerically in order ONLY at the factory. after that, all kinds of things happen to them.

VINs are not sequential based on when they were originally ordered and they are not after they leave the factory either in this case.

probably has to do with options ordered and some sort of unknown additional inspection or verification step required for said option that we are not privy too.

beginning to think that L3 might have cost me a few weeks!~

DaveinOlyWA said:
Train said:

actually VINs are numerically in order ONLY at the factory. after that, all kinds of things happen to them.

VINs are not sequential based on when they were originally ordered and they are not after they leave the factory either in this case.

probably has to do with options ordered and some sort of unknown additional inspection or verification step required for said option that we are not privy too.

beginning to think that L3 might have cost me a few weeks!~

I agree. The scenario I came up with was this:

My car was very early in the build at the factory. It came out, went onto a lot, and a large number of cars parked behind mine.
It's ship-loading time! They start at the back, so my car was one of the LAST ONES on the boat. Which means it's one of the FIRST ONES off the boat. And it immediately gets blocked in by all the other cars coming off the boat. Now my car sits at the back of the parking lot, waiting for the trucks to 'eat their way' through the lot to get to my car. Then, add in the probability that the truck are loaded for specific dealers, there's a chance that my car might get bypassed while waiting on a specific truck that is supposed to go to my specific PD.

Or it's something else.

Either way.....tick tock tick tock..... :(

Jimmydreams said:
I agree. The scenario I came up with was this:

My car was very early in the build at the factory. It came out, went onto a lot, and a large number of cars parked behind mine.
It's ship-loading time! They start at the back, so my car was one of the LAST ONES on the boat. Which means it's one of the FIRST ONES off the boat. And it immediately gets blocked in by all the other cars coming off the boat. Now my car sits at the back of the parking lot, waiting for the trucks to 'eat their way' through the lot to get to my car. Then, add in the probability that the truck are loaded for specific dealers, there's a chance that my car might get bypassed while waiting on a specific truck that is supposed to go to my specific PD.

Or it's something else.

Either way.....tick tock tick tock..... :(

LOL!!

Jimmydreams said:
Frank said:

No.
N/A

That just sucks. I feel your pain. And how did someone with 9/8 order date was first to get his leaf in San Diego.

First post here. I have a 9/10/10 order date and no word from the dealer.

A few thoughts on other posts here:

My dealer said this was a brand new way of buying a car. Maybe for Nissan, but pioneered by Saturn and Scion/Toyota. Fixed price, linked to the internet, and that short circuits a LOT of bureaucracy built up over decades in the mfg. to dealership to customer chain. Maybe short circuit is the wrong term, it replaces old procedures with new. Fixed price cuts into sales department's profits, they may not be as motivated to help with new questions that are new to them.

Outside the purchase chain is the service and support bureaucracy. Manuals have to be written, parts distributed, classes designed and techs to be trained. We should be glad there is any information available, and I'm glad we have a forum like this. Do you remember buying an ICE vehicle? You talked to a salesman and waited until delivery. We have a lot more.

Cars can be shipped out of serial number sequence for a lot of reasons. Options take longer to install. They won't hold up 10 no-frills cars for one with all the appliques, decals, steering wheel cozies, etc.

I'm content to wait, but while I'm waiting I'll follow all the details owners post so I can be an expert before turning it over to my wife!

-Harry

I too used to have a Feb-2011 delivery status that then turned to March last month. No info from the dealer at all (Sunnyvale Nissan). They claim that they don't know anything and that we'll hear from Nissan before they do. However, from the various comments on this site, it's clear that dealers do have access to some / more information than we appear to be getting...

Reserved 4/20/2010 at 2:21 PM (less than one minute after I received the e-mail), but wasn't allowed to order until 9/10/2010 in the morning and it's always "Pending"!

So, currently I'm the only Feb delivery order in the spreadsheet (apart from one from Hawaii). Very strange. My dash hasn't changed in months. Even the eco package I got cancelled is not updated. May be a call is in order ... considering the history of my order.

Last time I checked there are other Feb delivery other than you:
jason98, geo241, bowthom ...

it's odd that the distribution is the way we see it in the spreadsheet, but all those pending for early orders can't be right

evnow said:
So, currently I'm the only Feb delivery order in the spreadsheet (apart from one from Hawaii). Very strange. My dash hasn't changed in months. Even the eco package I got cancelled is not updated. May be a call is in order ... considering the history of my order.

mossyleaf said:
Ok so I did the math, looks like I'll be delivering 33 in March...Wooo hooo!!!!!!
Anyone in Feb for you ? Looks like Feb is a lean month for Nissan ... may be they are sending most of the cars to Europe.

My Leaf portal page now shows "Month of March 2011", can't edit color any more, 9/11 order date. That's better, a sign of life from Nissan.

Back