March Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
csriram45 said:
Brendan just gave me an update and its the "eco design package" that is delaying my delivery. If I decide not to get the package my car would be delivered right away. Is that package really worth it? I have heard that the package is actually not great. Can someone please give more inputs?

Funny enough port refuses to add my "splash guards" but would delay my order for "eco design package". So typical of the nonsense.

I am tempted to go without the "eco design package". Would appreciate inputs.
Congratulations, looks like your Leaf will arrive very soon.

When you mention delay, is it stuck at the port or is it already at Boardwalk ("delivered right away")?

csriram45 said:
Brendan just gave me an update and its the "eco design package" that is delaying my delivery. If I decide not to get the package my car would be delivered right away. Is that package really worth it? I have heard that the package is actually not great. Can someone please give more inputs?

Funny enough port refuses to add my "splash guards" but would delay my order for "eco design package". So typical of the nonsense.

I would suggest going without it. I got it and it includes the large decals on the door (I didn't realize they'd be that big) and a crazy blue overlay on the center console which I truly dislike. Since there were no pictures initially and I was afraid to alter my order once pictures were available, I kept my order unchanged.

greenleaf said:
csriram45 said:

Congratulations, looks like your Leaf will arrive very soon.

When you mention delay, is it stuck at the port or is it already at Boardwalk ("delivered right away")?

It's in the port in LA. Last one that was held for the Eco Design package didn't have an update with a held status, rather it just blew through its delivery date. I still don't know why the port won't add an item, but they'll delay a car for one... :evil:

As long as I've waited for my car, I'd personally tell the port to stick it and give me my car already.

Here's what it looks like:

LEAF013.jpg

The way LEAF process goes, I really don't have a ton more visibility on the orders, and the dates Nissan issues have been all over the place. As someone with one on order, it's frustrating as a customer, and as a dealer. :lol:

Adrian said:
csriram45 said:

I would suggest going without it. I got it and it includes the large decals on the door (I didn't realize they'd be that big) and a crazy blue overlay on the center console which I truly dislike. Since there were no pictures initially and I was afraid to alter my order once pictures were available, I kept my order unchanged.

Any pictures of the crazy blue overlay? How bad is it? I think I will go without it. Worse case will just get some of these added later I guess.

csriram45 said:
Adrian said:
csriram45 said:

Any pictures of the crazy blue overlay? How bad is it? I think I will go without it. Worse case will just get some of these added later I guess.

console.jpg

csriram45 said:

You can check out pics of the accessories here: http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/gallery/view/accessories_gallery#/leaf-electric-car/gallery/view/accessories_gallery/6

I am SO glad I passed on that. The exterior decals are OK, but the center console is just fugly...I mean, for you guys who have it...I'm sure it looks good on your cars... :mrgreen:

I guess all my neck-craning at passing autohaulers has paid off with a Leaf-sighting. I saw two Leafs on the freeway today! Both were loaded on the top rack of an autohauler with a bunch of other Nissans heading North on the 57 around 5p today. One was blue, the other white. There may have been more on the lower rack. Maaayyybe they're the way to ... Fontana Nissan, Alhambra Nissan ???

At least two more March-delivery Leafers will be very happy in the next day or so. :p

Well, looks like I'm a March delivery after all. Just took delivery this evening from Mossy Nissan Escondido (San Diego, CA area). Chris and the staff were awesome and for once, I had a salesman fully knowledgeable about the vehicle!!

Carwings was DOA, though. grrr.

Took delivery this morning from Boardwalk Nissan! No surprises or extra dealer add-ons.

Used my own pre-approved loan from the credit union for the purchase. Apparently, they could not beat the 2.49% 60-month loan I am getting.

Update: Just got off the phone with the credit union. They are dropping the rate to 2.39% starting April 1. So my loan would instead be 2.39% 60-month when I go and finalized with them tomorrow! For those with good credit and taking a loan, you can consider Valley Credit Union's 2.39% 5-year loan.

This is the first Leaf that I have personally heard being delivered to someone on here by Miller...
Any comments on their sales policies, salespeople and service dept.?

BC3 said:
Picked mine up yesterday from Miller Nissan Van Nuys.

mogur said:
This is the first Leaf that I have personally heard being delivered to someone on here by Miller...
Any comments on their sales policies, salespeople and service dept.?

I was definitely the first at Miller Van Nuys. They took pictures of a staged key exchange in front of my LEAF with the Miller sign in the background. My experience was pleasant since there really isn't much room for negotiating and the MSRP price was set. I used the CA lease calculator from this web site and got to within a couple cents of the number they calculated. My sales guy shared the money factor with me over the phone. I think the difference was in the tire tax - they use 5 tires and I used 4 (I let it slide). I got them to throw in the uprgaded floor and cargo mats for free. Woo-hoo.

I was at the dealership at 4pm and drove off the lot at 7:30pm. The "check out" process was kind of a waste because I think I know more about the car than my sales guy but that's because I've been obssesive about researching it.

I think the real test for Miller is going to be 36 months from now when I return my leased LEAF.

Back