March Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My EV Project Blink EVSE went in today. The folks from Sunwest Electric were just great! Fun guys, very professional, and did a great, through and fast job! So, the level 1 goes back in the trunk for now (and is awaiting the dual voltage conversion)!

DannyAmes said:
drees said:
DannyAmes said:
Completed the Nissan dashboard to build out my car options & submitted it on Fri, October 15, 2010 10:38:48 AM
Do you know when your dashboard first opened for ordering?
My dashboard has been available months not sure when (June maybe) actually it was quite early.[/quote]
That makes sense then - Dashboards for ordering didn't open until Aug 31st so if it opened early, Nissan is pretty clearly allocating deliveries based more on when you were first open for ordering than when you actually ordered (which is what Nissan has been saying but some have been suspicious).

Danny from Fontana Nissan called me shortly before noon today to let me know my LEAF is here!! I'm waiting to get picked up in the next 30 minutes to go get it. I can't believe it's here!

drees said:
That makes sense then - Dashboards for ordering didn't open until Aug 31st so if it opened early, Nissan is pretty clearly allocating deliveries based more on when you were first open for ordering than when you actually ordered (which is what Nissan has been saying but some have been suspicious).

Count me as "suspicious" as I am told by Nissan that my dashboard opened up on 9/1 (we were out of town on vacation and I can't seem to find the e-mail), but I did not order until October 4th after a test drive on the 3rd.

Ug ... my "week of" has been jumping daily, for the past 5 days. From March 30 to 24 ... 25 ... 23 ... and now ... just got the heave ho to week of April 1. That's so fun.

Based on recent experience, it could still show up as much as two weeks before then, though. Mine was 11 days early...

hill said:
Ug ... my "week of" has been jumping daily, for the past 5 days. From March 30 to 24 ... 25 ... 23 ... and now ... just got the heave ho to week of April 1. That's so fun.

Picked up our Ocean Blue one last night. Now I just need to read the hundreds and hundreds of pages of instructions. Have to go back today to get my iPhone set up. Strangely enough, now that the car carwings has been activated I now get a different display on my portal which is the one that is supposed to show the battery SOC. All it does is say that it is retrieving the info and then eventually times out. Does anyone know if the Carwings site is down?

Friday!!! Car is at the dealers, I can get it on Friday!

Cayenne Red
reserved 4/20, ordered 9/15

hill said:

your Leaf and mine must be on the same boat/truck -- I've also had those exact same date switches in the past week.

IBELEAF said:
Anyone knows why and how these dates get changed so often?
Only Nissan knows. I speculate at various steps in checking, finishing, and shipping the car these dates are automatically updated. Each change must signify getting through one more step in the process. So be glad it is changing.

The dates on others seem to push back at the steps and move up at the end. Be glad it is changing... I am still stuck on the initial month of April.

IBELEAF said:
Anyone knows why and how these dates get changed so often?

One can only wish! ;)

It appears to me to be some combination of order timing, dealer status/location and blind luck. Apparently, I messed up by not ordering before test driving the car, my dealer is not high up on Nissan's list, and it is yet to be my lucky day.

Today I was having my jeep worked on up the street from Northbay Nissan. Well I just had to check to see if they had any LEAFs and they had 4 LEAFs in the lot, black, blue, red and a silver one. Someones going to be happy this week.

csriram45 said:
My date is now back to April 1. It has been like this April 1 -> March 30th - > March 25th - > March 30th - > April 1 in the past 1 week.
I have the same sequence for my car, from Boardwalk Nissan.

DeaneG said:
csriram45 said:
My date is now back to April 1. It has been like this April 1 -> March 30th - > March 25th - > March 30th - > April 1 in the past 1 week.
I have the same sequence for my car, from Boardwalk Nissan.

I suspect it has to do with Boardwalk Nissan and I wonder if its the quota system that is causing it.... So even though our cars probably could have been delivered earlier because BoardWalk Nissan would have met their quota for March, they moved is to April.....

I can see no other reason when orders much later than mine are getting delivered earlier... or around the same time as mine...
I am just trying to think of it as just few more weeks and try not to get upset about it... but sometimes I cant help.. :-D

I wish my date had never changed from April...

csriram45 said:
.. orders much later than mine are getting delivered earlier... or around the same time as mine...
I am just trying to think of it as just few more weeks and try not to get upset about it... but sometimes I cant help.. :-D

I'm seeing the same thing in the spreadsheet and the Where's My LEAF? page.

Here's just one data point. My order was placed 9/2. It's for a White SL+QC at Connell Nissan. On 9/13, SolPower placed an order for the same model at the same dealer. I have an April 2011 delivery estimate. SolPower has a 3/2011. This can't be explained by quotas, because it's the same dealer. The cars are just being dished out by some unknown algorithm (someone throwing dice at Nissan?)

Nissan doesn't seem to get that if you enter a restaurant, sit down, and place your order, it's reasonable to expect that your order will arrive before those of the people who do this after you.

richard said:
Nissan doesn't seem to get that if you enter a restaurant, sit down, and place your order, it's reasonable to expect that your order will arrive before those of the people who do this after you.

The spreadsheet is an interesting tool. I wish I could use it to make sense of Nissan's strategy. How did Googler get his/her car earlier? I see Marc Geller is an EV blogger (perhaps that's why he got advanced). What about Barsad22? The Hawaii order looks like an outlier, so I will ignore it for the purposes of this post.

More of these will pop up as time passes. I wonder if the board's dealer friends understand this and could help out.

Back