Many March Just got Pushed to April Check Your Dashboards.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, this is totally weird! I was 'month of April' and today I login to my dashboard I am still on 'month of April'! :)

cheers!

when I called and said that 7 months expired on April 3 (order date September 3rd), i was told that I shoudl not be that exact and the month of April is still 7 months.

Nissan Corporate Languages:

January 1 to April 20, 2010-Promise Speak
April 20 to October 20-Hopeful Speak
October 21 to Dec. 25-Double Speak
Dec. 25-January 15-Triple Speak
January 15-current-Delusional Speak

As attempting to classify Nissan LEAF delivery messages to their intended audience.

SOAB!!!!! APRIL Arrrrrgggggg :evil:

Just to hold me over I picked up an old Alpha convertible, so all is good........

josh said:
when I called and said that 7 months expired on April 3 (order date September 3rd), i was told that I shoudl not be that exact and the month of April is still 7 months.
That must be the new math that kids are being taught :roll: Old school says you are late.

Look at it this way, while we’ve been waiting, we got two packages of stickers and a t-shirt. I’m sure Nissan was only thinking of us as it's not like we would want to gum up the new paint on our cars with those stickers and the t-shirts worked so out well. If we get another package of stickers, I’m guessing it will be September before I see my Leaf.

EVDRIVER said:
I noticed the account page is not working now.

I noticed that too, maybe they were trying to change them all to February and they shut it down to fix everything. I can dream.....

josh said:
EVDRIVER said:
I noticed the account page is not working now.

I noticed that too, maybe they were trying to change them all to February and they shut it down to fix everything. I can dream.....

Nope, back up now and still in March. I hope they send out some LEAF vodka soon:)

Bud said:
Look at it this way, while we’ve been waiting, we got two packages of stickers and a t-shirt. I’m sure Nissan was only thinking of us as it's not like we would want to gum up the new paint on our cars with those stickers and the t-shirts worked so out well. If we get another package of stickers, I’m guessing it will be September before I see my Leaf.

You got a t-shirt? I didn't.

Me too. :cry: Sept 3 order, March ==> April.

Oh well. Since my lease ended on my previous car, I'm driving a loaner Cube from my Nissan dealer at a cheap rate.

Look at this new information / explanantion for few Leafs in the US by statik.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=54187#p54187

Essentially cars are getting built for Japan since the rebate there may expire by April.

garygid said:
If a month or two additional slip will "kill" you, is it possible that you should not be in the queue?

If it were just any one thing, I'm sure it wouldn't kill anyone here. But in my case, it's been several things that lead me to question what I'm getting into, not with regard to the technology (I've been driving EVs since ~ 2000), but with regard to the technical support we're all going to have to rely on at some point.

I WAS in the right area and DID reserve in the first minute or two (didn't screen capture so can't be definitive). However, when I called CS a few weeks later to check on a home charging waiver, they didn't yet have a process in place. They said not to worry, they would note my desire! When I hadn't received my RAQ email by the close of 9/1, I called CS again and found out that they hadn't processed my waiver request and they talked me through the dashboard process at that time. (Granted, this is my fault for assuming CS was going to do what they said they would; by the time I found out that my dashboard should have updated to reflect my waiver, it significantly delayed me).

So, I ended up with a RAQ date of 9/11 instead of 8/31 or 9/1. I didn't treat it as a big deal because at that time, the Nissan LEAF website was saying delivery would be within 120 days of the order date and my dealer assured me that it would only be "a few months." Figuring mid-January at the latest, I committed to display my car at SMUD's Youth Energy Summit on 1/21. Luckily, they'll have several other cars available.

I also committed to display my car at my son's high school for an Earth Day exhibit on April 6. When the dashboard rolled to March, I wasn't concerned. Now, I am.

There's a dearth of information out of Nissan regarding these delays, so I can't weigh whether March, or now April, is any more concrete than "120 days" was when I ordered. Why should I believe that my delivery date won't slip further.

If Nissan can't do a better job communicating to us about the thing that actually makes them money - vehicle delivery - then what expectations should I have that they'll communicate to me about small things (like lessons learned regarding treating the battery properly)?

Oh, and did I mention the three sets of window clings I've received (so far)? Or the incorrect T-shirt? Still not instilling confidence.

lonndoggie said:
Bassman said:
You got a t-shirt? I didn't.
I got one. They gave you two choices. I got the one I didn't pick. My father-in-law picked the one I got, but he got the one I picked.

We could just swap, right? No--different sizes. They got that part right for each of us.

Oh well...

Did anyone get the one they ordered? I got the wrong one as well....at least the size was right!

bytrain said:
If it were just any one thing, I'm sure it wouldn't kill anyone here. But in my case, it's been several things that lead me to question what I'm getting into, not with regard to the technology (I've been driving EVs since ~ 2000), but with regard to the technical support we're all going to have to rely on at some point.

There's a dearth of information out of Nissan regarding these delays, so I can't weigh whether March, or now April, is any more concrete than "120 days" was when I ordered. Why should I believe that my delivery date won't slip further.

Agreed. The lack of information and the ever changing "delivery dates" call into question the credibility of anything coming out of Nissan at this point. It is time that they begin to level with the early adopter base regarding the persistent delays. As it is, the rather transparent doublespeak from the marketing team is only fanning the flames of discontent when a little straight talk would do much to quiet many of our concerns.

Ready2plugin said:
Did anyone get the one they ordered? I got the wrong one as well....at least the size was right!
Discussed here http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1983 (somewhere in there) - basically everyone who posted got the wrong shirt. We got indications that this would get "fixed" but I haven't seen anything since. If there are any updates, probably best to post to that thread.

Well, I don't *need* a car in March, so if Nissan needs one more build slot for a March delivery for Japan - go ahead an push me back. Maybe the person who gets delivery from that slot will be appreciative and take me out for a good sushi dinner next time I'm in Japan :mrgreen:

As points in Nissan's favor:

I have seen a dozen LEAFs, driven 3, ridden in another, and the car seems to be quite close to what they had hoped to deliver.

Are there a few things still missing?
Yes, but a many important things are actually there.

Is all of their software complete and well debugged?
No, but we can see evidence of slow improvement.

Does anybody doubt that Nissan is well committed to making this EV a success?
We see extra efforts being made to make it a big success.

Is something taking longer than Nissan has hoped for?
Yes, it appears so, but it appears that they are letting us know as best they can, mostly well before our estimated delivery dates, instead of after.

Are all the infrastructure plans getting done "on time" as originally planned?
No, but those are our companies, regulations, and "government rules" slowing things down.

Ever had a custom house or major renovation actually completed "on time"?
There are a LOT of factors in the world that go WAY beyond our individual knowledge and feelings.

So, Good Cheer, the LEAF is Here, and ...
"soon" one is likely to be yours too. :D

Back