Many March Just got Pushed to April Check Your Dashboards.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine's March -> April now, too - was still March earlier today.

Back to my original prediction of 'first week of April' - which puts Nissan up against the tail end of their 4-7 month REVISED estimate for me. I have no interest seeing them delay things yet again.

Bagh.

March --> April here. I've always added a month or two to what Nissan was announcing... so I am now figuring May or June. It's OK for me... but I think Nissan risks losing biz to the Ford Focus EV if they can't get substantial product into driveways by late summer.

Still "Month of March" for me, ordered 9/8. Area??? It is my understanding that not one LEAF has been delivered to Tucson yet. My March will probably change to April soon.

it seems like by the time the factory gets in gear and we start seeing lots of these cars here

August, ? sept?

it will be the end of the 2011 MY

they might as well start making 2012's in april as long as it takes em to get here

otherwise people will be taking delivery of 2011's in January of 2012

palmermd said:
Harv said:
Mine still shows March.

Harvinder
4/20, 9/7.

Harv, I think you somehow have my car. I just looked it up on the spreadsheet, and it is the same model, color and options.

You may be right Michael. I frankly don't mind swapping places. It is difficult to say for sure but I think initial reservation process, particularly on 4/20/10 was not streamlined at all. That may have been responsible for all the discrepancies we are observing.

Harvinder

I am still very confused about reservation date/time vs. order date. :? My RAQ opened 9/1 indicating a relatively early reservation date/time. But my order was not complete until 9/14 putting me behind lots of "later" RAQ dates. But my March has been pushed to April. If it is based on reservation, it seems I should still be in March. If it is based on order, it seems I should be Pending. :shock:

Sadly enough, I've been checking my dashboard everyday up until this week. I HAD to stop because I was becoming obsessed! I was doing so good until I saw this post, so now I fell off the wagon and I'm checking my dashboard everyday again! So thanks, thanks for that! ;)

Any case, my dashboard still says "Month of March" as of five minutes ago. If you want, I can give you another update in another five minutes. :twisted:

Ingen said:
Sadly enough, I've been checking my dashboard everyday up until this week. I HAD to stop because I was becoming obsessed! I was doing so good until I saw this post, so now I fell off the wagon and I'm checking my dashboard everyday again! So thanks, thanks for that! ;)

Any case, my dashboard still says "Month of March" as of five minutes ago. If you want, I can give you another update in another five minutes. :twisted:

You ordered on 10/3 and have a March delivery date? Wow. I'd like some of that!

Whew.. you really had me worried. I'm here to report that my Dash has Not Changed.

Still 100% "Pending", where it's been since October 1.

Fortunately, the "4 to 7 months" already promises May at the latest, so I'm right there with you. Right? Right?!

9/8 order, slipped March -> April today, no email like the others.

Someone at Nissan has figured out how to update the dashboards on the web, but not how to use their email system?

I'm going to try to be patient, but really, Nissan. Get your act together and communicate with your customers.

Called the Nissan Leaf line to complain. No e-mail. Delivery date changed from March to April (on and a half wekks after first showing March. The rep said he had talked to one other person this morning that had the same issue and that nothing is showing on their system as to why the slip on the delivery dates. I told him that I reserved my LEAF at 2:21 PM on 4/20, but wasn't allowed by Nissan to order until 9/10 and was told at that time that my car would be delivered in December. I told him, that this is pissing a lot of Customers off as we are trying to plan for the purchase and those of us in California have a $5000 rebate riding on the purchase, which is why we ordered early, and that Nissan is potentially making us loose out on that rebate. He said he would talk to his supervisor to find out what is going on. I also told him that Nissan isn't following their own protocols, as they are not e-mailing us to inform us of the change which is BS.
:evil:

Bassman said:
I told him, that this is pissing a lot of Customers off as we are trying to plan for the purchase and those of us in California have a $5000 rebate riding on the purchase, which is why we ordered early, and that Nissan is potentially making us loose out on that rebate. He said he would talk to his supervisor to find out what is going on. I also told him that Nissan isn't following their own protocols, as they are not e-mailing us to inform us of the change which is BS.
:evil:
This is putting some people in a bad spot. If you have a lease expiring and you relied on the original dates from Nissan then you might have to scramble. Or if you're nursing a car along I can see the anxiety rising by the day.

The rebate not so much. We're in a line and there is a pot of money. If you get your car sooner then everyone ahead of you in line will get theirs sooner. Shouldn't affect your chances at getting a rebate. Of course there may be other vehicles that are putting in a claim. But we'll have to see if that materializes or whether the 4th quarter was an aberration, which is likely given corporate budgeting. Plus of course we got the good news from last week is that there is a substantial set aside for four+ seat passenger cars, which AFAIK is a class of one at this point.

Back