List of Nissan Dealers who will sell LEAF for MSRP or Less

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sparky said:
I don't want to stir up any further "buy local vs buy cheap" posts but I thought I'd share one reason why I'm not buying local... my local Nissan dealer sucks.

:lol:

I'm not going as far as to say that my most local one sucks, but I will say they are being WAAAAAAY more evasive about price than I would expect at this point in the game.

An interesting side effect for Fontana Nissan and their $1000 below MSRP offer for a Leaf, is all of the free advertising their dealership is getting in articles and on all the EV blogs today. Some of the articles are pointing back to this MyNissanLeaf discussion forum. The news spread like wildfire over the Internet. It was especially positive news coming on the heals of the GM dealerships announcements that are attempting to fetch an additional $20,000 above MSRP for a Volt which, as you might imagine, POed their most vocal supporters. If the Volt flops I believe you'll be able to trace it back to the precision in how Nissan launched the Leaf versus how GM botched the launch of the Volt.

indyflick said:
An interesting side effect for Fontana Nissan and their $1000 below MSRP offer for a Leaf, is all of the free advertising their dealership is getting in articles and on all the EV blogs today. Some of the articles are pointing back to this MyNissanLeaf discussion forum. The news spread like wildfire over the Internet.

I will offer this as a word of advice for any dealer.....this kind of positive buzz can turn to the negative in a heartbeat. This is without a doubt the most influential of the Leaf forums currently out there, with members that active (and vocal) in many other Leaf, EV, renewable tech, and automotive venues. I would strongly suggest you treat any member of this forum properly throughout the entire purchase process.

Phoenix, Arizona:

Avondale Nissan - We have added more people that are Leaf certified to contact us with any questions you may have. Contact: (888) 713-3444 Felix Ember @ [email protected] ;Trudy Varin @ [email protected] and Pat LaFramboise @ [email protected] or Kara Brinley @ [email protected]

1. Avondale Nissan 10305 W Papago Fwy Avondale, AZ 85323 Website www.avondalenissan.com

Details : lowest Doc fee in Arizona! Lowest sales tax rate (if purchased) in Phoenix area and we will not be adding extra's to the vehicle unless the customer wants us to add.

You may select the dealer of your choice by going to your Leaf reservation and change your selected dealer. This must be done prior to the dealer price quote phase. It is important to verify information with their selected dealer before the quote phase. If you are not happy with your quote, it will bump you out of your placement.

to mwalsh: not to take away fom your point, but I think thats how your supposed to treat all customers Leaf or not. My attitude is all your trying to do is spend 20 or 30 thousand dollars, why make that any more difficult than it already is? But do me a favor, keep this a secret, the other dealers haven't figured it out yet :D

dclark said:
Phoenix, Arizona:

Avondale Nissan - We have added more people that are Leaf certified to contact us with any questions you may have. Contact: (888) 713-3444 Felix Ember @ [email protected] ;Trudy Varin @ [email protected] and Pat LaFramboise @ [email protected] or Kara Brinley @ [email protected]

1. Avondale Nissan 10305 W Papago Fwy Avondale, AZ 85323 Website http://www.avondalenissan.com

Details : lowest Doc fee in Arizona! Lowest sales tax rate (if purchased) in Phoenix area and we will not be adding extra's to the vehicle unless the customer wants us to add.

You may select the dealer of your choice by going to your Leaf reservation and change your selected dealer. This must be done prior to the dealer price quote phase. It is important to verify information with their selected dealer before the quote phase. If you are not happy with your quote, it will bump you out of your placement.

But D, CA's doc fee is only $45! Why is ours so much higher? And a couple CA dealers are offering BELOW MSRP, so how can people not want to buy from them? I feel for all the other dealers that are just offering MSRP and high doc fees, because most EVERYONE is going to buy or lease from these two!

Why drive the distance? Carson Nissan welcomes all Los Angeles area customers! Carson Nissan is a newer dealer to the area. Part of the DTLA Motors Group, our parent company has been a part of the LA community for over 60 years. We have a volume philosophy which means a fair deal for all! In addition, we are the #1 Rated Nissan Dealer in Southern California by DealerRater.com and are strongly recommended by our good friend Jerry Reynolds of the Car Pro Show. We will be the first dealer in Los Angeles with 5 charging stations for the convenience of our customers. We have LEAF knowledgeable associates, technicians and managers on hand to assist you at all times. Come visit our Leaf Café!

Dealer Rater Ratings: http://www.dealerrater.com/directory/California/Nissan/

Lai-Ce Shum
http://www.nissanincarson.com
[email protected]

evnow said:
Deezelpower said:
Dealer hold back is not profit unless every model (not just the Leaf) sells within 30 days of arrival (which is impossible specially in this economy). Other wise, hold back is consumed by the interest dealers pay the banks that own the cars (flooring cost).

As we know Leafs go as soon as they come. So, Leaf holdback is pure profit.

Absolutely the last thing anyone of us here wants is for the Leaf holdback to subsidize a gaz guzzler. So, don't even dream about getting anyone here to buy into this logic. If a guzzler is sitting there costing the dealer interest money - all the better. There would be gradually less gas guzzlers produced.

I totally agree. The less gas guzzlers the better. My point is the simple reality. People are still buying all sorts of cars and dealers have to carry them. I am a banker and we floor many dealers in the area. This is where my info comes from.
Regardless of what I am buying, just like anybody else, I want the best deal possible. I will drive 10 -15 miles to save a $1000. I just do not see the point of driving 90-100 miles+ (each way) or paying shipping. What if it shows up with a nice scratch?? Developing a relationship with a reputable dealer is worth something.
I guess the fact that there are 7 Nissan dealers within 15-20 miles from where I live makes it easier.

lwebber said:
We have a volume philosophy which means a fair deal for all!

Welcome to the forum.

But, your post doesn't answer the main question. Do you promise to sell for no more than MSRP ?

lwebber said:
Why drive the distance? Carson Nissan welcomes all Los Angeles area customers! Carson Nissan is a newer dealer to the area. Part of the DTLA Motors Group, our parent company has been a part of the LA community for over 60 years. We have a volume philosophy which means a fair deal for all! In addition, we are the #1 Rated Nissan Dealer in Southern California by DealerRater.com and are strongly recommended by our good friend Jerry Reynolds of the Car Pro Show. We will be the first dealer in Los Angeles with 5 charging stations for the convenience of our customers. We have LEAF knowledgeable associates, technicians and managers on hand to assist you at all times. Come visit our Leaf Café!

Lai-Ce Shum
[email protected]

it is interesting that you would post this on a forum that is heated up with what dealers are offering and still not mention any pricing!!! a bit evasive?? I like the dealer rater though

Deezelpower said:
it is interesting that you would post this on a forum that is heated up with what dealers are offering and still not mention any pricing!!! a bit evasive?? I like the dealer rater though

Also worth using Google Maps to check on any dealer - many have reviews associated with their mapping.

Oh, and don't assume a dealer has agreed to MSRP (or better!) if they aren't officially listed in post one of this thread.

lwebber said:

Lai-Ce Shum
[email protected]

Why drive the distance? I'm going to so I can save OVER 1300 bucks! Call me crazy, but that will lower my lease payments a LOT! :) I'm going to be surprised if a LOT of people don't take this offer, and like I said earlier, I do feel for those dealers not wanting to lower their prices because they will have very few sales.

So now with these dealers offering discounts off MSRP and free shipping (up to 200 miles) I get this weird feeling we'll see Leafs on car carriers traveling North on the 15 passing Leafs on car carriers traveling South!

I am trying to scroll through these last few pages to see if any dealership has matched Fontana's deal which seems to stand now at $1000 off MSRP, no add ons unless requested by buyer, and free shipping up to 200 miles. Has any other dealer matched this yet?

Kataphn said:
I am trying to scroll through these last few pages to see if any dealership has matched Fontana's deal which seems to stand now at $1000 off MSRP, no add ons unless requested by buyer, and free shipping up to 200 miles. Has any other dealer matched this yet?
I don't think the discounting is over yet. If the Fontana offer gathers up a lot of orders and some dealers find themselves with few or no orders you may see $1200 or $1300 off of MSRP. Now that likely won't include free shipping.

Kataphn said:

The 'free' shipping wasn't 200 miles from Fontana, but from mossy in San Diego. I was hoping Fontana would match that though. :)

leaffan said:
Kataphn said:

The 'free' shipping wasn't 200 miles from Fontana, but from mossy in San Diego. I was hoping Fontana would match that though. :)
Fontana Nissan today matched the 200 mile free shipping offer.

indyflick said:
leaffan said:
Kataphn said:

Fontana Nissan today matched the 200 mile free shipping offer.

LOL, ya, I just read that! Wow! This is getting better and better. :D
Can anyone figure my approximate lease payment on an SL if I get $1K off MSRP and $300 off the doc fee? I may be mistaken, but I figured it would be around $340 +$32 = $372 (9.3% tax) for the SL...at least $415 without the discounts.

leaffan said:
Can anyone figure my approximate lease payment on an SL if I get $1K off MSRP and $300 off the doc fee? I may be mistaken, but I figured it would be around $340 +$32 = $372 (9.3% tax) for the SL...at least $415 without the discounts.

Better check with them first that the $1K off is for both lease & buy.

Back