List of Nissan Dealers who will sell LEAF for MSRP or Less

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
leaffan said:
One other thing you should add to the dealers selling at MSRP...make sure they won't include 'add-ons' without asking us first.

True, they did something like this to me when I bought my current car. The dealer added wheel locks and mud flaps. However, the dealer promptly removed them when I declined. Afterwards, I bought the wheels locks myself for a lot cheaper.

SBNissanLeaf said:
csriram45 said:
Is the LEAF elgible for the VIP program or any other such program that Nissan has? If so any info on that? This should bring the price below MSRP correct?
Tks

Assuming what you mean is VPP, Nissan's employee and affiliates purchase program. I cannot recall any vehicle eligibility stipulations, so I would think that LEAF will also be eligible. VPP is a four tiered structure depending upon the affiliation. However, in order to get a price you need a VIN. I doubt any information on this will be available before at least November. A really great program if you qualify, any many do. Nissan has quite a few corporate affiliates.

Sorry, Yes I meant the VPP program. I wanted to know if the Leaf would be eligible. Considering we are talking MSRP, I would think any discount would be great. :)

Tks

To get the Nissan VPP "discount", I need a "designated company employee" to declare me to be one of their 5 "friends" for next year.

And, the LEAF to be eligible, of course.

garygid said:
To get the Nissan VPP "discount", I need a "designated company employee" to declare me to be one of their 5 "friends" for next year.

And, the LEAF to be eligible, of course.

Isn't there discount for partners etc who work for certain companies?

Not all vehicles are eligible for the VPP. My inclination is to believe that the LEAF will not be eligible due to its high demand and limited initial supply.

BrendanDolan said:
leaffan said:
trentr said:
sure, in the SF bay area.

Boardwalk Nissan, Redwood City B+: MSRP
Serramonte Nissan, Colma F: supposedly MSRP
Sunnyvale Nissan
Stevens Creek Nissan = MSRP

please call dealer directly and maybe talk to general manager to make sure they are selling at MSRP. i know Boardwalk is for sure since they have posted on this forum and i have confirmed with general manager.

One other thing you should add to the dealers selling at MSRP...make sure they won't include 'add-ons' without asking us first.

That's just as bad as marking it up, and Boardwalk won't be doing that. Plus, $3k wheels would look a little out of place on the Leaf. :lol:

Brendan,
I'm thinking strongly about changing my preferred dealer to yours since I cannot get any response to my MSRP question currently from my local dealer, plus they currently have a BBB rating of "F" that concerns me. I'm an August order date and will probably make the change this week. You are still within 50 miles of my home (Pleasanton) so I doubt there will be a problem, just please give me a "Full Tank" on delivery :D ! I also heard a rumor that the choice in color may effect when you get the car, have you heard anything? I want to maximize my chances for the $5k CA rebate. I have a silver SL currently chosen. Thanks!!

I don't know which dealer you have in your area, nor who you should use...but any dealer with an F BBB rating would get a pass from me. Just MHO

Gavin

Since these LEAFs will probably be "made to order" (only choices are color, SV or SL, and ... L3 for some SVs), your color choice (on an early order) should not impact much.

My question, should I order a LEAF in September even if I doubt that I will be able to actually buy it?

Usually I would not even consider doing that. But, most likely, any dealer would like to have an extra "orphan" LEAF to sell, right?

garygid - welcome to the club. My wife is against me buying the Leaf. I had to refi our house to buy the RAV4-EV and she freaked. I don't know what to do.

Dav said:
garygid - welcome to the club. My wife is against me buying the Leaf. I had to refi our house to buy the RAV4-EV and she freaked. I don't know what to do.

Sounds like my house too. My wife thinks I'd be crazy to get an Leaf or any other EV. I think she has an early adopter/range anxiety complex. Plus, she doesn't like the idea of using financing to get the vehicle.

My wife is comforable with her power-adjustable driver seat Camry, and has not yet even been willing to drive the Prius.

She doesn't like the anxiety if change, and wants new carpets instead.

Dav said:

Lease ? The lower monthly payments make it more palatable ...

Wow, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. My wife is pushing me to the Leaf! The carpool benefit will save me 30-40 minutes a day, which gives me 30-40 more minutes to work on her "honey-do" list!
I'm going to sell my current car (2006 Honda Civic Hybrid), which should cover about half my out of pocket cost (as long as I get the CA rebate). Now if I can only get a free charger!

Gavin said:
I don't know which dealer you have in your area, nor who you should use...but any dealer with an F BBB rating would get a pass from me. Just MHO

Gavin
I agree, I just changed it to Boardwalk Nissan. I like that fact that they contribute to this site and have gone on record several times to charge MSRP. Thanks.

When you do select a dealer and you have your first conversation with them, please mention this web site and how it is helping you to find the dealer you would like to work with (if it did).

By letting the dealer know that this web site helped you determine where to purchase your car, you are providing feedback to the dealer that will invest them in working with future purchasers that follow us. For instance, here in Seattle, we only have one real good choice for purchasing the vehicle (Younker's) and they need to know that customers found this out via this web site and by doing so they will be invested in working with our community in an ongoing manner by rewarding them with more sales than their competitors.

Ready2plugin said:
Brendan,
I'm thinking strongly about changing my preferred dealer to yours since I cannot get any response to my MSRP question currently from my local dealer, plus they currently have a BBB rating of "F" that concerns me. I'm an August order date and will probably make the change this week. You are still within 50 miles of my home (Pleasanton) so I doubt there will be a problem, just please give me a "Full Tank" on delivery :D ! I also heard a rumor that the choice in color may effect when you get the car, have you heard anything? I want to maximize my chances for the $5k CA rebate. I have a silver SL currently chosen. Thanks!!

Sorry I missed your post, I've been busy as all get out and haven't checked in. I'll make sure the tank is at 52 miles. Should make 580 nice and interesting. :? :lol:

I'm going to a Nissan dealer convention early next week, and I'll ask the Leaf guys there if color will make a difference in allocation. I'm not sure that it will, as most paint booths can spray pretty much any color back to back, but they might know something I don't.

BrendanDolan said:
Ready2plugin said:
Brendan,

Sorry I missed your post, I've been busy as all get out and haven't checked in. I'll make sure the tank is at 52 miles. Should make 580 nice and interesting. :? :lol:

I'm going to a Nissan dealer convention early next week, and I'll ask the Leaf guys there if color will make a difference in allocation. I'm not sure that it will, as most paint booths can spray pretty much any color back to back, but they might know something I don't.

Great....I really want to test a half tank home...should be fun! Yes, the 580 can be interesting as it was tonight. I ended up coming home via Niles Canyon.

The salesman I talked to at Sunnyvale Nissan was named Dennis, but I didn't get a card or a last name. He did call me back later that day, so he kept his word on that. He said the "boss" (owner, I think) was going to a "meeting" - (Las Vegas?) - and should know more by Thursday of next week, so I'm supposed to call back then.

Back