Leaves in the Wild

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last Sunday, I saw a white Leaf heading south(west) on Jeffrey Avenue in Irvine, CA. We turned right onto Alton. The white Leaf turned left onto Alton. May have still had dealer plates on it. That was my first moving-Leaf sighting in town. :)

lonndoggie said:
Coming home after his second came this afternoon, there was a silver one parked about 100 yards down our street from our house--hadn't seen one there before.

If Leaf-watching was like bird-watching, I'd definitely recommend serious Leafers come to Encinitas.

I'm seeing 3 or 4 or more LEAFs per day in the north San Diego. And, today, for the first time, I one is parked 100 yards from my house. I left a note offering charging services, if needed.

Saw a brand new Blue LEAF with Mossy plates on Saturday. It was leaving Fiesta Island heading onto Sea World Drive. I was turning onto the PCH, heading to the Old Town Transit Center trolley stop. Did the LEAF "wave."

Saw a blue LEAF at the Discovery Science Center (DiscoveryCube) near Main Place Mall in Santa Ana on Sunday, in the parking lot. We parked two cars away, facing out "keeping" an eye out for other LEAFs. The DiscoveryCube had new "eco challenge" exhibits, and we thought...we'll probably see some LEAFs there...and lo-and-behold!

Saw a silver one on the way home, right about the same place as the black one this morning, but going southbound on the 405. It was on the slipway beside the main freeway lanes at Bellflower Blvd. This would have been around 4:30pm.

More sightings this morning, both around 9:30am:

Blue LEAF, southbound on the 405 just before the 22 east interchange. He was in the HOV lane on his side, me on my side. I flashed and waved but I don't think he even saw me. :( But then, I do have more experience than most in these matters.

Then....A WHOLE TRANSPORTER FULL OF LEAFS on the southbound 405 in Long Beach. :eek: Some newbies are going to get lucky tomorrow! :D

Coming home from work last night on the 101 freeway northbound at Cahuenga Blvd., I spotted two white Leafs with California Exempt plates. So, Los Angeles appears to have at least two Leafs in their fleet, and they like white...

Saw a silver LEAF parked near my black one when I was doing errands and Saturday daddy/daughter brunch with my dad; the driver was in it, so I went and said hi and complimented his taste in cars. :)

Hadn't seen any in the wild for awhile, until Thursday night in a strip mall parking lot in Chandler. It was a Cayenne LEAF with a 'Power Chandler' license plate frame.

Saw two LEAFs in quick succession today; when I came out of Fred Meyer, I found red "RELEAF" parked next to my car at the blink chargers (though, alas, the charge port door was closed so I couldn't switch the plug over for them), and then when I moved on to Trader Joe's there was a blue LEAF parked across from me. :)

The Seattle-area EV armada is growing.

sighted a Blue Leaf as far west as Port Angeles this weekend... made me jealous I wasn't driving mine to our camp site! Dreaming of the day when we can get off the Ferry and drive a bit to the first in a string of L3's looping the Olympic Peninsula!!!!

I was in Seattle last week and saw 3 different Leafs as I was walking through downtown there. Also saw one on the road from the airport to my hotel.

Yesterday in the space of 10 miles, I saw 9 Leafs in the wild. That is a new record for me.

Our neighborhood had a Labor Day block party yesterday evening, and our Leaf was the hit of the evening when we drove up to pick up some tables and chairs. My wife and I spent about 30 minutes showing off the car and answering questions. We already have 4 Leafs in the neighborhood, and maybe more will come from the demos we gave.

OK So I've had my LEAF for 8 weeks now. For the first 7 weeks I didn't see a single LEAF (other than meetups or at the Dealer - doesn't count).

This week I've seen two within 3 days of each other.

Yippee!!

I want to see a Leaf in the wild so badddd..I know I will be :shock: when I see it..Back in 2005 I bought a Mazda speed Miata and I have only seen one of those on the road :(

mark13 said:
I want to see a Leaf in the wild so badddd..I know I will be :shock: when I see it..Back in 2005 I bought a Mazda speed Miata and I have only seen one of those on the road :(

What part of Phoenix are you located? I'm on vacation for now so I could just drive around in your area until you see me. ;)

El Cajon - East San Diego County sighting. 11:15 AM, 9/23/11 - A black LEAF stealthily ( :lol: ) came up behind me at the stop light at Vista Grande and Dehesa Roads. After much scrutiny I recognized the funky headlights and waved out the back window.

Edit: Make that two El Cajon sightings...1:15 PM - A red LEAF on 2nd St North getting on to I8 westbound.Thumb's up from our Chrysler van.

Back