Lease return - backpack?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RVD

All good things must come to an end. It feels like it was just yesterday that I was here doing research and talking to folks about pricing, etc. Well, my 2 year Nissan Leaf lease is up next week so the car is going back to the dealership. It's been awesome.

Quick question for those who returned their cars. Can you keep the Nissan backpack (the one in the trunk that holds the charger)? I would like to keep it as a memento but not if they are going to charge me a lot for it. Has anyone successfully kept it? Of course I'll return the charger though.

RVD.

That's an obvious item I would expect them to check for when the vehicle is returned. The dealer will let you return the car with the item missing, but there is a good chance you will get hit with a fee later on.

You didn't get a T-Shirt when you picked up your Leaf?
Over time, I've obtained the following "Leaf" mementos:
--chapstick
--pen
--bag
--water bottle
Maybe you could find one of those?

Strip the "zero emission" badges and keep that as a memento. I removed those badges and nothing was noted on the lease return. And it saved me having to argue with the junior scientists who'd otherwise want to let me in on the secret that "electricity has to come from somewhere"... :roll:

I got nothing with my Nissan Leaf lease.

No pens, t-shirt, notebooks, bag, water bottle, zero emission decals, etc.

Yeah, the side of my Leaf is clean...nothing about zero emissions even.

I didn't even get a license plate frame.

Oh well, maybe I'll return it. It's a little small anyway. I guess I was hoping that maybe they just discard them and give new ones to the new owners.

I usually lease BMWs and end up keeping stuff like the first aid kit, foot rests in the rear seats (for 750 long base models), etc. They've never charged me.

NMAC has been very willing to extend these leases. You can probably get another year in your car just for the asking (and continuing to make the payment of course). Here's the number:
1-800-854-3310

Back