Lease is up ... Leaf or Bolt ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oils4AsphaultOnly said:
WetEV said:
Oils4AsphaultOnly said:
You're considering a bolt and dropped the i-pace. I don't understand how the e-tron is even in the running? I'm seeing a preference for hatchbacks (ergo no model 3), but why no i-pace?

As for the Kona EV, there's a few in the Portland Hyundai dealership, which is 150 miles from Bellevue, so it's well within the range of the car.

That's a four hour drive to look at a car, I'm north of Seattle, and the Portland Hyundai web page says there are two that are "coming soon".

I'll take another look at the i-pace. I don't like glass roofs. And the charging port is on the right fender, behind the front wheel, will be awkward in my garage.

What's your dislike of the e-tron?

It's kind of the polar opposite of the bolt. It's bigger, heavier, less efficient, costs more, and has less EPA range (204 miles) than the bolt. And those factors are all true against the i-pace as well. So it seemed inconsistent to me to mark off the i-pace, but still consider the e-tron.

As for the garage situation ... sorry, don't know the layout/issue so don't have a solution.

Or just lease another leaf until Mercedes EQC or Volvo Polestar 2 are ready. Both are 2020 model year cars, so they should be ready soon. Or even wait for the Model Y!
EQC is no longer a choice in the US: https://www.autoblog.com/2021/02/15/mercedes-benz-eqc-not-coming-to-america/.

cwerdna said:
Oils4AsphaultOnly said:
WetEV said:
That's a four hour drive to look at a car, I'm north of Seattle, and the Portland Hyundai web page says there are two that are "coming soon".

I'll take another look at the i-pace. I don't like glass roofs. And the charging port is on the right fender, behind the front wheel, will be awkward in my garage.

What's your dislike of the e-tron?

It's kind of the polar opposite of the bolt. It's bigger, heavier, less efficient, costs more, and has less EPA range (204 miles) than the bolt. And those factors are all true against the i-pace as well. So it seemed inconsistent to me to mark off the i-pace, but still consider the e-tron.

As for the garage situation ... sorry, don't know the layout/issue so don't have a solution.

Or just lease another leaf until Mercedes EQC or Volvo Polestar 2 are ready. Both are 2020 model year cars, so they should be ready soon. Or even wait for the Model Y!
EQC is no longer a choice in the US: https://www.autoblog.com/2021/02/15/mercedes-benz-eqc-not-coming-to-america/.

Oh well, at least the model Y is now available. :p

Back