Leaf : Trims, Features, Accessories, MSRP, Invoice Prices

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leaffan, thanks! I was being nice. I talked to another local dealer, and he said they weren't suppose to give RFQ's over the phone, email (only thru the website), but that it would be much better. I'll let you know once it's in.

Thanks a lot, there is another thread where people are accepting orders at or just BELOW the MSRP, so it seems like closer to 35,500 would be ok, and
anything under good.

Jerry

leaffan said:
jludwi2 said:
Dublin Nissan quote (not quite an invoice). But I suspect/hope it's a little high.

The Nissan LEAF MSRP of $33,720 with $700 quick charge port and $170 carpeted mats is selling for is selling for $39,585 plus fee's. At Dublin Nissan we strive to make your purchase experience enjoyable and fun and if there is anything I can do help, please let me know.

Junior Isaaq
Sales Manager
Dublin Nissan
925-452-8026 direct
http://www.dublinnissan.com/

A LITTLE high? It's outrageously high! That's almost $40K! Good luck with that! There are many dealers at MSRP or below so you will be lucky to get even one!

Why are there still no pictures of the options packages on the Leaf site, does Nissan expect people to order some of these without even seeing what they look like. Talk about being behind in marketing.

EVDRIVER said:
Why are there still no pictures of the options packages on the Leaf site, does Nissan expect people to order some of these without even seeing what they look like. Talk about being behind in marketing.

True, but no one has signed any kind of binding contract....if you don't like the car when it comes in, you ask for your $99 back and you walk away.

I'm not expecting to do that, but it's a worst case option.

EVDRIVER said:

Yes - it is kind of a blind shot. For some accessories you can look at other Nissan cars to get an idea. For some like the Eco package it is fairly blind ...

I finally orderd
- Mats
- Eco Package

Jimmydreams said:
EVDRIVER said:

True, but no one has signed any kind of binding contract....if you don't like the car when it comes in, you ask for your $99 back and you walk away.

I'm not expecting to do that, but it's a worst case option.

LOL, cancel the order over a bad option choice. The point is if you want people to be interested in something and to buy it you show what it looks like so there is interest and they know what they are getting, forget safety kit pictures but at least the hologram door feature. I would never order something like that from a text description and get something I don't like. They are not going to sell much from text descriptions, perhaps they could show one Leaf color and "describe" the rest without pictures. My guess is they don't even have pictures yet as they are so far behind.

jludwi2 said:
Dublin Nissan quote (not quite an invoice). But I suspect/hope it's a little high.

The Nissan LEAF MSRP of $33,720 with $700 quick charge port and $170 carpeted mats is selling for is selling for $39,585 plus fee's. At Dublin Nissan we strive to make your purchase experience enjoyable and fun and if there is anything I can do help, please let me know.

Junior Isaaq
Sales Manager
Dublin Nissan
925-452-8026 direct
http://www.dublinnissan.com/

I could not even get the manager at Dubin to return an email when I asked if they would sell at MSRP, so I quickly changed my dealer to Redwood Nissan, and so glad I did. FYI, check out their BBB rating (F).

evnow said:
EVDRIVER said:

Yes - it is kind of a blind shot. For some accessories you can look at other Nissan cars to get an idea. For some like the Eco package it is fairly blind ...

I finally orderd
- Mats
- Eco Package

That's a good guess, but I don't want to end up with a potential interior trim surprise I did not see before. Sometimes these things end up being ugly.

I actually want the hologram kick plates based on the Cube picture.

But I didn't order them because I have to see them first. Plus I figure that is one "factory option" that will be a dealer option in just a few months (a few months after December that is).

Dav said:
But I didn't order them because I have to see them first. Plus I figure that is one "factory option" that will be a dealer option in just a few months (a few months after December that is).

Only factory option is L3. Rest are dealer (edit : port) installed accessories ...

Skywagon said:
I had heard otherwise... that they were either factory or port installed.

They are port installed - is that different from dealer ?

Do they actually have people who install stuff before sending to the dealer ... ?

evnow said:
They are port installed - is that different from dealer ?

Do they actually have people who install stuff before sending to the dealer ... ?

Yes, actually. Many, but not necessarily all, port-installed options can also be installed by the dealer. With a brand new vehicle like LEAF, I would be hesitant to say which. "Easy" adds like mats or splash guards - certainly. Holographic kick plates? Don't know.

LEAFguy said:
Yes, actually. Many, but not necessarily all, port-installed options can also be installed by the dealer. With a brand new vehicle like LEAF, I would be hesitant to say which. "Easy" adds like mats or splash guards - certainly. Holographic kick plates? Don't know.

Interesting. So they take the car from the shipyard to some kind of garage in San Diego, get everything installed and then ship to various dealers ... ? Wouldn't it be easier / cheaper to install these in the factory instead ?

evnow said:
Interesting. So they take the car from the shipyard to some kind of garage in San Diego, get everything installed and then ship to various dealers ... ? Wouldn't it be easier / cheaper to install these in the factory instead ?

I've never been, so don't know the process, but at the port (Long Beach for west coast), there is a processing center. Part of the process is installing port-installed options. Don't really know why they do this vs. factory. Must be easier somehow?

LEAFguy said:
I've never been, so don't know the process, but at the port (Long Beach for west coast), there is a processing center. Part of the process is installing port-installed options. Don't really know why they do this vs. factory. Must be easier somehow?
From what I understand Port Installed Options (PIO) are accomplished at a vehicle processing center which is literally at the port. The LEAFs destined for west coast customers will arrive at the Port of Los Angeles at the WWL Vehicle Services Americas facility. The PIOs will be installed there. Not sure if the PIO installers will be Nissan employees, WWL employees, or some other third party. But the LEAFs will be fully configured, to the customers order, prior to being trucked to the dealership.

indyflick said:
From what I understand Port Installed Options (PIO) are accomplished at a vehicle processing center which is literally at the port. The LEAFs destined for west coast customers will arrive at the Port of Los Angeles at the WWL Vehicle Services Americas facility. The PIOs will be installed there. Not sure if the PIO installers will be Nissan employees, WWL employees, or some other third party. But the LEAFs will be fully configured, to the customers order, prior to being trucked to the dealership.

All of the 2010 Prius's sold in California had bluetooth installed. If it wasn't part of the expensive bluetooth package, it was a port installed option that wasn't listed on Toyota's web site. I learned this the hard way because the port installed my bluetooth incorrectly and ruined one of the car speakers in the process. The dealer ended up installing a new bluetooth and speaker and bitched about the port installers.

indyflick said:

I guess it is completely handled by this vendor ...

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/productsServices/productsServices/technicalServices/index.jsp

Core services
Comprehensive technical services are offered at 30 facilities worldwide to prepare vehicles and rolling equipment, whether new or used, in accordance with quality standards for the marketplace. Core services include:
•Accessory fittings
•Repairs, including panel and paint and mechanical repairs
•Storage management
•PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection)
•Receipt and dispatch (Plant, Port & Railhead, Distribution centre)

Global approach and coverage
Our global approach and coverage is offered through the following three strategic approaches:
•WWL owned and operated facilities
In our fully managed Vehicle Processing Centers (VPC), are operational systems, experienced people, quality control, and product security are key success factors. Located at key ocean terminals and inland locations, we provide a close link to our ocean and inland network.
•Customer In plant operations
End of line accessory fitment, quality control and distribution are critical areas in final vehicle production. We can provide quality systems, human resources and distribution models to ensure finished vehicles are ready for distribution with efficiency and quality assurance.
•Procured services through strategic partnerships
Procurement of technical services can be provided in locations where we have no established operations. Any procurement requires the potential supplier to meet WWL's strict supplier guidelines to ensure quality is consistent with customer's requirements.

evnow said:
indyflick said:

I guess it is completely handled by this vendor ...
Perhaps. That's WWL I was mentioning.

evnow said:
Maybe it's a matter of import duties. If they ship the car fully loaded they have to pay Uncle Sam more to get it into the country. Since we don't have VAT here, Nissan pays no tax directly on increase in value after it arrives. Of course that has to be balanced against labor and parts costs.

planet4ever said:
evnow said:
Maybe it's a matter of import duties. If they ship the car fully loaded they have to pay Uncle Sam more to get it into the country. Since we don't have VAT here, Nissan pays no tax directly on increase in value after it arrives. Of course that has to be balanced against labor and parts costs.
That may be part of it but basically the idea is really to eliminate the dealer installed options. If the vehicle service center techs are properly trained and professional individuals this process can save dealerships time and costs installing accessories. Also, some accessories may be made in the US. So it wouldn't be cost effective to export an accessory to Japan, have it installed, and then re-import the vehicle, with the accessory, back into the US.

Back