Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turbo3 said:
Still working on porting and debugging the iOS updates into the Android version.

I have added Dropbox support. It worked fine on two test phones but crashes on a third so I need to look into the cause.

Looking forward to this. I did not see on your list of bug fixes above the battery temperature sensor error that results in the program reporting the same values for all three (or 4) sensors when the temperature is below a certain level. Hopefully you are catching that one too.

jpadc said:
Turbo3 said:
Still working on porting and debugging the iOS updates into the Android version.

I have added Dropbox support. It worked fine on two test phones but crashes on a third so I need to look into the cause.

Looking forward to this. I did not see on your list of bug fixes above the battery temperature sensor error that results in the program reporting the same values for all three (or 4) sensors when the temperature is below a certain level. Hopefully you are catching that one too.
Yes, the next release has the fix for that temperature sensor bug.

Question about log file Lat/Long data format.
(I looked in the Wiki, and searched the forum; if this has been discussed previously, accept my apologies and point me to the right place)
Lat/Long seems to come in degrees + decimal minutes:
22:4.11297,-75:36.40871
This is not a standard format. If I want to feed this log to GPS Visualizer or other tools, I need to rig some data conversion.
Which tools do you use to visualize data in LeafSpy log files?
Thanks.

asemeco said:
Question about log file Lat/Long data format.
(I looked in the Wiki, and searched the forum; if this has been discussed previously, accept my apologies and point me to the right place)
Lat/Long seems to come in degrees + decimal minutes:
22:4.11297,-75:36.40871
This is not a standard format. If I want to feed this log to GPS Visualizer or other tools, I need to rig some data conversion.
Which tools do you use to visualize data in LeafSpy log files?
Thanks.
You can use Kevin's LeafLogger (http://www.leaflogger.com/) to Visualize the log files.

Charging graph new data needs explanation on the graph and in Help section.
I recall seeing discussion of it in iOS thread but haven't found that yet.
I presume the new blue curve is power from the charger, while green is power into pack.
Not sure what the black curve is.

TimLee said:
Charging graph new data needs explanation on the graph and in Help section.
I recall seeing discussion of it in iOS thread but haven't found that yet.
I presume the new blue curve is power from the charger, while green is power into pack.
Not sure what the black curve is.
Black is pack temperature with full scale being 150F only displayed for a QC. This was always saved before just never displayed so if you view old QC graphs temp will now show.
Blue is requested power
Green is power going into the pack.

Just uploaded test version 0.35.61.

It includes automatic saving and restoring of the internal Data and State files. They will be used in the case where you uninstall and then re-install LeafSpy Pro. You need to run this new version at least once to create these new backup files. Then you can uninstall and re-install. If you have previously backed up your settings then they too will be restored.

To debug a reported problem during app startup the status area will now display which of the three startup files is being read. This normal will go by so fast you will not see it but if a file has corrupt data that causes the app to stop and display an error message this area will show which file is causing the problem. The file can then be sent to me for analysis.

Thanks to one of my Japanese testers I was able to fix a bug introduced in v0.35.60 that makes any charge data file saved with that version (or v0.35.61) unreadable causing the app to crash.

Version 0.35.62 has just been uploaded with the fix that removed the previous bug and also is able to read files saved with 0.35.60 or 0.35.61.

Should be available for download in about 2 hours.

Uploaded test version 0.35.63 which includes code to automatically re-save a corrupt charge file (due to previous bug in v 60/61) when it is read in and displayed. This will allow the corrected file to be correctly imported into Excel.

If you created any charge files with versions 60/61 you will need to display each one with this version to have the file automatically corrected.

I would like to get some feedback from testers who have installed this latest series of LeafSpy Pro (.60 thru .64).

Specifically, have you made/received phone calls through a Bluetooth link to the Leaf while LeafSpy Pro is active. If yes, was there any problem with the sound quality? If yes, was Dropbox support enabled?

Hi Turbo. I swapped the Pro from a Samsung Galaxy to a Nexus 5 a while back & I notice now screen 3 now has a problem in that it displays what it should show for about half a second then reverts to a list of raw hex data. Any ideas?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nniyv9ssc8v8ek5/Frozen.png?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4uw5u6slu9sn3p4/NotFrozen.png?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kris1 said:
Hi Turbo. I swapped the Pro from a Samsung Galaxy to a Nexus 5 a while back & I notice now screen 3 now has a problem in that it displays what it should show for about half a second then reverts to a list of raw hex data. Any ideas?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nniyv9ssc8v8ek5/Frozen.png?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4uw5u6slu9sn3p4/NotFrozen.png?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That screen is displayed when you are in Debug mode.

Go the bottom of the Settings menu and on the Debug panel uncheck "Enable".

Great application, thank you.

I've purchased the pro version for my android tablet but do I need to buy it again to get it on my iphone? Would be handy to have it on my phone as well for my commute, rather than taking the tablet with me each time. I commute 95km's each day so really want to keep an eye on the battery.

Stu

Xrious said:
Great application, thank you.

I've purchased the pro version for my android tablet but do I need to buy it again to get it on my iphone? Would be handy to have it on my phone as well for my commute, rather than taking the tablet with me each time. I commute 95km's each day so really want to keep an eye on the battery.

Stu
Yes, you would need to buy the iOS version. Development of the iOS version required purchasing of an Apple Laptop, yearly licensing fee to Apple to develop an app plus new software tools not to mention many many hours of development time. It is not likely I will recover all this after Apple takes their 30% cut and Federal and State taxes are paid. There is a very limited market for the app so sales volume will always be low.

Apple does allow me to give a free 30 day trail using their TestFlight app (must have iOS 8) for the latest test version of LeafSpy Pro.

I just picked up the Leaf Spy Pro app and am trying to make sense of the results. Wondering if anyone can help me get started, the length of this thread is overwhelming, is there one of these numbers that is most useful to track
Here is what I saw today.

2013 Leaf S
12,883 miles
530 L1 or L2 plug ins 5 QC
270 GIDs
96.1%
SoC 97%
395v
20.9 Kwh
SoH 95%
Ahr 62.35
Voltage 4.125 ave 4.119 ----4.13
Battery temp max 48.7 min 48.7

How are my batteries doing?

mtndrvr said:
I just picked up the Leaf Spy Pro app and am trying to make sense of the results. Wondering if anyone can help me get started, the length of this thread is overwhelming, is there one of these numbers that is most useful to track
Here is what I saw today.

2013 Leaf S
12,883 miles
530 L1 or L2 plug ins 5 QC
270 GIDs
96.1%
SoC 97%
395v
20.9 Kwh
SoH 95%
Ahr 62.35
Voltage 4.125 ave 4.119 ----4.13
Battery temp max 48.7 min 48.7

How are my batteries doing?
Most useful are AHr, SOH and Hx which are the first three listed at the top of the battery cell screen. These can be used to track battery degradation over time. Each battery has a little different set of starting values so can not tell too much from a single point in time. But in general it looks good.

Check every 6 to 12 months and see how they change.

Back