Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On IOS simultaneously click the home and power buttons. The operative word is click. If you hold down the home button, you activate Siri.

Perhaps just a transient anomaly (which I cannot reproduce), but what's going on with the red and magenta lines in these images?
(and their corresponding stats, taken a minute or so apart.)

piiNLzM.jpg
. . . . . . .
m9by5iF.jpg

mbender said:
Perhaps just a transient anomaly (which I cannot reproduce), but what's going on with the red and magenta lines in these images?
(and their corresponding stats, taken a minute or so apart.)

piiNLzM.jpg
. . . . . . .
m9by5iF.jpg
It appears it took a while before a current reading of the Gids could be successfully read from the Leaf. Up to that point the previously saved (old) Gids value was plotted. To know for certain I would need an ELM trace or perhaps just the log file of the charge cycle.

Been working on the LeafSpy Help file and as requested I have added a full description for all the Settings screen options. Also rearranged the panels on the Settings screen to better group the functions.

I have received requests over time for a better way to read the Help file other than with LeafSpy's built-in viewer. To address this I have changed the Help file format to be a subset of HTML so I can use a single help file for both the in-app viewer and to create a PDF document you can read on your PC. The first printing of the PDF was 30 pages.

Now that I can view it all in one document I see there are a few other sections I need to expand on. Once I get that done I will release the next test version.

thorx said:
any chance that leaf spy will ever display climatecontroll status? mode, temperatursetting etc.
I could read AC On/Off status, Set Temperature, Fan (off, fan, A/C, Auto), Air Flow (four directions) and Fan speed.

Since all this is available from the center display in the Leaf how does having it on LeafSpy help you?

If it were added to LeafSpy where would it go? A new Climate Control screen?

Or do you just want this in the Log file for later analysis? That would be easier to do.

Turbo3 said:
Since all this is available from the center display in the Leaf how does having it on LeafSpy help you?
If you use WiFi adapter and stay within WiFi range, it would allow those that leave the LEAF running with the AC on in the summer to lower the temp before they get back to the car.

Yes I know leaving the car running increases theft potential some.
But the limitations of Carwings of having only built in fairly high temp set point, I do sometimes for short shopping stop leave it running.

TimLee said:
Turbo3 said:
If you use WiFi adapter and stay within WiFi range, it would allow those that leave the LEAF running with the AC on in the summer to lower the temp before they get back to the car.

Yes I know leaving the car running increases theft potential some.
But the limitations of Carwings of having only built in fairly high temp set point, I do sometimes for short shopping stop leave it running.
Looks like I parsed the request wrong. I took "Set Temperature" to be a request to display the set temperature. Not the ability to change it or any of the other switch settings. I took the request to be to display the values not to change them.

I will need to see if Nissan has tests that allow me to actually change the switch settings. I vaguely remember stepping the fan speed up and down so at least some of it might be possible. I know I can turn the Wipers on and off as well as the horn and flashers.
-----

How that I think about it it was the radiator fan I was controlling.

Turbo3 said:
thorx said:
any chance that leaf spy will ever display climatecontroll status? mode, temperatursetting etc.
I could read AC On/Off status, Set Temperature, Fan (off, fan, A/C, Auto), Air Flow (four directions) and Fan speed.

Or do you just want this in the Log file for later analysis? That would be easier to do.

that sounds great.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=18642&p=425102#p425102" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
it would be great to be able to replace the center display with something better(another 2din system) and still be able to see the climatecontroll stuff like in the original center display.

does leaf spy support OBD dongles that are wired (usb). I see someone says wifi. but would be even better to have it on usb. the car bus is availeble behind the center display :)

and would be interesting if your program could upload info to a website on intervall.
number of quickcharg, odometer, etc.

Turbo3 said:

I'd love it in the log file! I'm (personally) not interested in it being displayed in LeafSpy.

jlv said:
Turbo3 said:

I'd love it in the log file! I'm (personally) not interested in it being displayed in LeafSpy.

no problem having it optional. What I would like is to have it like the original display,display something when change on AC On/Off status, Set Temperature, Fan (off, fan, A/C, Auto), Air Flow (four directions) and Fan speed. Would be great if it could show up no mater what program you have up on the screen.

could you add a quick button to turn on/off a charging timer, and adjust % of that charging timer?
I would love to have the ability to turn on/off a charging timer of 80% using leafspy if i'm going to replace the center console of the leaf.

Version 0.35.65 of LeafSpy Pro is available for immediate install by all testers.

Help is now complete. See help file for instructions on how to get a PDF copy.

Lots of improvements. See Change Log for all the details.

Hi,

Congrats for the app. One question though, would it be possible to add the motor and inverter temperatures? It would be a useful information when making grill blocks for more aerodynamics.

Back