Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a dealer here apparently asking $28,000 for fully-loaded SLs. From what I can tell, that doesn't include any federal rebates, just Nissan ones, but I could be wrong. After rebates that would be a brand new loaded SL for a shade over 20 grand. Almost makes me consider buying new instead of used.

pkulak said:
Almost makes me consider buying new instead of used.

The used prices here are all more expensive than a new one with rebates. I don't imagine they'll sell them, but I also don't know how long it'll take them to bring the price down.

I guess the gas prices are taking a toll on the electric cars.

Nissan Fremont just quoted me $24,000 for 2015 Leaf S with QC (before government help).
That's insanely low.

If SL fully loaded is being quoted at $28,000 (before government help) I'm not surprised at all.

It's actually the Yen price dropping (rr dollar getting stronger).

It's a lot cheaper to import these cars now from Japan.

spoofee said:

Nissan Fremont just quoted me $24,000 for 2015 Leaf S with QC (before government help).
That's insanely low.

If SL fully loaded is being quoted at $28,000 (before government help) I'm not surprised at all.

I assume both those quotes are with the factory financing $3500 NMAC Cash? Truecar is showing discounts of about $4K off the MSRP which I assume doesn't factor in the rebate either as its not itemized that way. I wanted to wait another year or two to see what how a second gen Leaf would compare to the newly announced 200 mile range GM Bolt and Tesla Model3 since I assume all first gen EVs will take a huge hit at that point. However at these bargain prices it still might be worth getting in the EV market now.

Is this a good deal in Atlanta?
Leaf SL with premium pkg - $32600 out the door (includes tavt, tag, dealer fees).
Does not include the L2 wall charger and installation.thank you!

Ok. I wonder what people are thinking about this.
I have a 2013 Leaf SV. My lease is up in a month. I just saw the 3500 nissan rebate for financing. And my dealer says I can get up to 72 months at 0% !!!!

While I was gonna lease again and wait for the 2017 Bolt, Model III or leaf. I am thinking of pulling the trigger and buying one.

numbers
2015 SV with NO options 32940
Low price in Dallas at TrueCar is like 29950.
So I am thinking 30000-3500 nissan - 7500 federal - 2500 Texas = about 18600 with Tax.
Based on my last lease, i will spend at lease 7500 in 2 years.
The rub is my boy can drive in 3 years. So if drive it for 3 years, that would be around 11000 to lease. So it would be like buying it used for him for $7600.
Now I have a Level 2 EVSE and I LOVE my leaf. all 12 bars after 2 years and 30,000 miles and not one problem.
I know that some believe the capacity is time based. But I can still do my 65 mile roundtrip commute with no problem. little tight in the winter with the heat blowing, but manageable.

So I was thinking, drive it for 3 years then step up to something else and let him drive to HS, 10 miles RT for a couple years. Also keeps him on a leash fir mama. HA!
Then if it wont work for him after that, we use as a runabout.
Thoughts?

spoofee said:

That's insanely low.

That's crazy low price! Sounds like a good deal.

krazyvshank said:
Is this a good deal in Atlanta?
Leaf SL with premium pkg - $32600 out the door (includes tavt, tag, dealer fees).
Does not include the L2 wall charger and installation.thank you!

Isnt the MSRP on that somewhere around $35k? I would think that would be a good deal. Would that be about $20 with the 7500 and 3500 finance offer thru 3/31/15 and something from GA?

I would think $3k off the sticker would be good, but I am prob being taken to the cleaners every time I get a car!

spoofee said:

That's insanely low.

Spoofee,
I dont see in your profile where you are located. Is Fremont in CA.
I see this post was in September, did you end up getting the car or finding out why the price was so low?

Just bought a Leaf off the lot. I got a TrueCar/USAA quote right at the end of the quarter. I negotiated by email on Saturday by getting the dealer with the lowest fees to match the dealer with the lowest price. Then it took about 2 hours on Sunday to do all the paperwork and get shown around the vehicle.

• New 2015 Nissan LEAF S
    Exterior Color: Super Black / black
    Options: Charger package, Floor mats, Hologram kick plates, Cargo net, Safety kit, Splash guards
    Dealer: Autocom Nissan Walnut Creek
    Purchase or lease: Purchase

MSRP: $32,230
    Cash price: $28,557
    Discount from MSRP: $3,673
    Rebates: $500 manufacturer's rebate; $3,500 NMAC rebate; $2,500 State of California purchase rebate; $7,500 Federal tax credit
    Sales tax: $2,434.15 (calculated before rebates...ugh)
    Dealer fees: $109
    DMV fees: $273
    Financing: 0% APR 72 months via NMAC
    Cost before TTL: $14,556.81
    Net cost: $17,372.96 + charger installation (you could also subtract the amortized difference between 0% and the prime rate which is about $1000)

Also included a coupon for a Free AeroVironment charger that I did not expect. I think this is the hard-wired 30A, 25' model but the coupon is not clear...will see what shows up.

I feel like I got a good deal. That is $24,557 cash price after instant rebates, similar to the $24K mentioned above. Next time I will try directly emailing dealerships without TrueCar first and see what happens. I think TrueCar is worth the markup on the backend though if you don't like haggling very much.

I just bought a used 2012 SV with 20k miles for 12 grand. 11 out of 12 bars batt capacity. The used market is looking awesome for these cars right now. Their values are less than a same year and mileage Civic!

chuck101 said:
I just bought a used 2012 SV with 20k miles for 12 grand. 11 out of 12 bars batt capacity. The used market is looking awesome for these cars right now. Their values are less than a same year and mileage Civic!

with 'resale' prices like that. makes no sense to trade/sell if you happen to own one; kind of like when the bottom dropped out of big SUV's when the gas prices went crazy only in reverse ...

Planning to lease a new Nissan leaf S model with quick charger.
is there any deals going on?
what does a good deal (in terms of leasing 36 months) mean in today's situation.
When is the best time to buy. like Quarter end/month end or any specific period for deals?
Appreciate replies.

It's been over 2.5 years since I leased my 2012 Leaf.

After 2.5 years, all things considered, I can say the Leaf is the best car I have ever owned in my life. Briefly, the reasons are: pollute less than 40% of an ICE car, very fun to drive, very reliable, zero maintenance, very cheap to lease and operate. The only issue is its current range, but that will be getting much better soon with the 2017 model.

Knowing my lease will end in a few months, I have kept an eye on what used Leafs are selling for, and about two weeks ago I purchased one (so I won't be leasing a new one later this year). Here are the details of the purchase:

Price: $13,300 (before tax and fees)

Like-new condition silver color model S
Very late 2013 (December) model w/8,000 miles (previous lessee only had it for 15 months for some reason)
Still has 12 bars out of 12
w/ QC, 6.6kW, camera
Nissan Certified Pre-Owned (which means warranty from Nissan for 7 years/100,000)
$13,300 was before tax and fees (out the door it was $14,600)

Had the car for two weeks now and it's perfect. At this price, everyone should consider buying an used 2013 Leaf.

If you are considering an used Leaf, be sure to get the 2013 or later model with QC & 6.6kW onboard charger. 2013 was the first year they had the 6.6kW onboard charger (previously it was 3.3kW). Big difference between 6 hours vs. 3 hours charge time at 220V.

For some reason I think the 2013 drives better than the 2012. I think it's because they improved the Eco mode. The car just feels better to me for some reason in Eco mode, seems the regeneration is slightly stronger when its under 35 MPH.

Can't wait for the 125-mile range 2017 Leaf (or the 125-mile range VW e-Golf) !

jon said:
For some reason I think the 2013 drives better than the 2012. I think it's because they improved the Eco mode. The car just feels better to me for some reason in Eco mode, seems the regeneration is slightly stronger when its under 35 MPH.

Suspension got firmed up for 2013 I think. It could be that the car doesn't dive as much when the regen is on and you feel it quicker because of that.

minispeed said:
jon said:

Suspension got firmed up for 2013 I think. It could be that the car doesn't dive as much when the regen is on and you feel it quicker because of that.

I did not know about Nissan firming up the suspension for the 2013. That explains why I feel the car being more bouncy, I thought it was because of the newer car with tires pumped up. That's too bad, I would rather have a smoother ride. But I do like the new Eco mode.

A note about tires. On my 2012 LEAF, I use OEM Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 tires but recently I put on a set of 91H (instead of 89H) in the front because they were on sale. I think I like the 91H better. I think it's a smoother ride. It's possible I am just imagining it.

Bay Area here and looking for any S-SV with QC. Beside -7.5k tax from fed, 2.5k from state, 3.5k from Nissan for good credit, what is the doable: VPP with will give me $1000 discount or have anyone able to get 5% discount off invoice ?

TIA, Dong

I got all of the above $7.5K Fed, $2.5K State, $3500 NMAC, plus $2600 additional discount at Nissan Sunnyvale, but the $2600 was due to some VIP discount associated with my wife's employer. However, I'd be willing to bet you can get pretty close to that if you shop around. They were also offering 0% APR for 36 mo, and I was able to grind them down to $1200 for the 100K warranty, although I'm not sure if the warranty was worth it? Depends on how long you plan to keep it.

Back