Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
powersurge said:
It is impossible to buy a new 2015 for $11k... Someone has added too many discounts to his deal. Also, I cannot imagine that any dealer discount $5000 off list on the price of the car, before the incentives and tax refunds. Before buying, I investigated and communicated with dealers in 4 states for the best price. The best I got was about $2k below sticker.

There were multiple reports of purchases (not leases) with $10,000 discounts with 72mo 0% financing, that is before the fed. tax credit and state incentives, if any. But $11k before incentives IS very likely impossible because it means you are getting a car basically for free, and it is too good to be true.

Valdemar said:
powersurge said:
It is impossible to buy a new 2015 for $11k... Someone has added too many discounts to his deal. Also, I cannot imagine that any dealer discount $5000 off list on the price of the car, before the incentives and tax refunds. Before buying, I investigated and communicated with dealers in 4 states for the best price. The best I got was about $2k below sticker.

There were multiple reports of purchases (not leases) with $10,000 discounts with 72mo 0% financing, that is before the fed. tax credit and state incentives, if any. But $11k before incentives IS very likely impossible because it means you are getting a car basically for free, and it is too good to be true.

I bought a 2015 SL with Sticker MSRP of $38,303 this Monday 11/2/2015. Got $11,000 off before tax credits. I got a $5000 discount and $6,000 rebate.

When I was presented the finance contract by the finance manager he lied to me and told me that I either had to choose the $5,000 cash rebate or the 0% APR, Nissan never offers both cash rebates and 0% interest. I selected the rebate which for some reason was $6,000 on the contract.

When I got home I went to the the dealer web site and found the following:
"2015 LEAF 0.0% APR financing for up to 72 months plus $5,000 NMAC cash for well qualified buyers."

I paid loan off this Friday as soon as Nissan issued a loan number. I understand that dealers will loose there finance contract commission if loan is paid off in the first 90 days. .

------------------------------------------
Here is my review of Southerlin Nissan in Fort Myers, FL on Yelp:

READ YELP and other REVIEWS before buying here and you will see that they are not honest.

This is the first time I ever wrote a negative review on Yelp.

I WAS BLATANTLY LIED TO. I saw a Nissan advertisement for a 2015 Leaf offer for 0% financing for 72 months plus $5,000 rebate. After negotiating the price I was handed over to the Finance manager who presented me with the Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation (NMAC) loan for 3.99%. I asked about the 0% and was told the only way I could get 0% is to give up the $5,000 rebate since Nissan NEVER offers both. I could not find the offer on my cell phone while sitting in the finance office.

When I got home I searched online and low and behold right on the sutherlinnissanftmyers.c… it stated:
"2015 LEAF 0.0% APR financing for up to 72 months plus $5,000 NMAC cash for well qualified buyers" I'm probably as well qualified as you can get. I have an 848 credit score, zero debt and 6 figure income.

I called the dealer the next morning and was told by the Blake, the sales manager, too bad, I already signed the contract. He said if I wanted the 0% finance I would need to return to the dealership and he would need to charge me $2,000 more for the car because he sold it to me at such a great deal. .

His attitude as terrible. Basically it was tough luck even though I was lied to by Julio in finance telling me that Nissan NEVER offers BOTH 0% and cash rebate. Julio was either incompetent or a liar.

I told Blake that I would be letting the world know that I was lied to via every survey I could find.

Stay away from this dealer. The showroom is hot and the waiting room is dirty. You would be best served to drive up to a nice, clean friendly Nissan dealership, Harbor Nissan in Punta Gorda.

Flyct said:
Valdemar said:
powersurge said:

I bought a 2015 SL with Sticker MSRP of $38,303 this Monday 11/2/2015. Got $11,000 off before tax credits. I got a $5000 discount and $6,000 rebate.

When I was presented the finance contract by the finance manager he lied to me and told me that I either had to choose the $5,000 cash rebate or the 0% APR, Nissan never offers both cash rebates and 0% interest. I selected the rebate which for some reason was $6,000 on the contract.

When I got home I went to the the dealer web site and found the following:
"2015 LEAF 0.0% APR financing for up to 72 months plus $5,000 NMAC cash for well qualified buyers."

I paid loan off this Friday as soon as Nissan issued a loan number. I understand that dealers will loose there finance contract commission if loan is paid off in the first 90 days. .

------------------------------------------
Here is my review of Southerlin Nissan in Fort Myers, FL on Yelp:

READ YELP and other REVIEWS before buying here and you will see that they are not honest.

This is the first time I ever wrote a negative review on Yelp.

I WAS BLATANTLY LIED TO. I saw a Nissan advertisement for a 2015 Leaf offer for 0% financing for 72 months plus $5,000 rebate. After negotiating the price I was handed over to the Finance manager who presented me with the Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation (NMAC) loan for 3.99%. I asked about the 0% and was told the only way I could get 0% is to give up the $5,000 rebate since Nissan NEVER offers both. I could not find the offer on my cell phone while sitting in the finance office.

When I got home I searched online and low and behold right on the sutherlinnissanftmyers.c… it stated:
"2015 LEAF 0.0% APR financing for up to 72 months plus $5,000 NMAC cash for well qualified buyers" I'm probably as well qualified as you can get. I have an 848 credit score, zero debt and 6 figure income.

I called the dealer the next morning and was told by the Blake, the sales manager, too bad, I already signed the contract. He said if I wanted the 0% finance I would need to return to the dealership and he would need to charge me $2,000 more for the car because he sold it to me at such a great deal. .

His attitude as terrible. Basically it was tough luck even though I was lied to by Julio in finance telling me that Nissan NEVER offers BOTH 0% and cash rebate. Julio was either incompetent or a liar.

I told Blake that I would be letting the world know that I was lied to via every survey I could find.

Stay away from this dealer. The showroom is hot and the waiting room is dirty. You would be best served to drive up to a nice, clean friendly Nissan dealership, Harbor Nissan in Punta Gorda.

--------------------------------------

So I am not sure of the deal you got. I know that if you finance the car at 0.0% interest for 72 months, you get a $5000 rebate off the price of the car. Are you saying that you also got another discount off of the sticker price of the car? I know everyone gets $7500 tax refund when you do your taxes. Please tell me what was the selling price of the car?

thanks

I saw the table where (I think KBB or Edmunds) they report a discount and a "Supplemental" discount totaling $10,000. When I bought my car, I also thought that, and the dealer checked with Nissan, and they told me you cannot "double dip" the discounts. KBB chart is incorrect.

They likely lied. I was shopping around a month or so ago and several dealers said the same thing to me, but I finally found one that was willing to give 8-9k off without much haggling. I ended up keeping my 2011, but the deal was there.

I picked up my 2015 SV on October 23, 2015.

Leaf SV with LED/QC package, carpeted floor and cargo mats, splash guards.
Negotiated inclusion of rear bumper protector and charge port protector, no charge (MSRP of 30 and 110, respectively.)

$34,950 MSRP
30,396 Agreed on price
549.75 Dealer Doc/handling/profit fee (implies "dealer discount" of $4031.25, not including bumper protector and charge port add on)
- 5,000 NMAC cash for financing at 0% for 72 months
2,522.08 Taxes (City, County, State, RTD, paid on agreed on price AND dealer fee minus NMAC cash)
27.20 Title and filing fee

28,495.03 Total Financed, zero down at delivery, first payment 12/7

395.76 monthly payments for 72 months

7,500 expected federal tax credit
3,962 expected Colorado tax credit

pncguy,

My deal on 11/2/15 was very similar to yours except the finance charge was 3.99%, for some reason I got a $6,000 rebate and the only tax credit in Florida is the $7,500 federal credit? The tax credit timing is good for me because doing a rough calculation my withholding was short this year. Without buying the car I would have sent Uncle Sam a Check for $4,000 with my 2015 income tax return now they send me a refund. :)

After I got it home I called the dealer the next morning. The sales manager told me if I wanted the 0% I needed to come back and redo the contract and pay $2,000 more.

I paid the loan off after 5 days. I hate car payments. Had it been at 0% there was a 50/50 chance I still would have paid it off.

FULL DISCLOSURE. Here is my sticker price and all details:
$ 35,120 RETAIL BASE PRICE
+$ 190 SPLASH GUARDS
+$ 395 PEARL WHITE PAINT
+$ 180 FLOOR MATS AND CARGO AREA MAT
+$ 1,570 PREMIUM PACKAGE (Around View Monitor and BOSE 7 Speaker Audio System)
+$ 850 DESTINATION CHARGE
------------
$38,305 TOTAL MSRP on Factory window sticker
$33.859 Agreed on price before Fees, Sales Tax and before the $6,000 rebate applied as down payment

FEES;
+$799.00 Dealer Doc/handling/profit fee
+$198.00 Electronic Registration Fee
+$ 1.50 Lead Acid Battery Fee
$ 5.00 NEW TIRE FEE
-------------
$34,859.19 TAXABLE SUBTOTAL
+$ 2,141.00 FLORIDA STATE SALES TAX
+$ 143.14 TITLE, REGISTRATION AND LICENSE FEES
-------------
$37,143.90 TOTAL SALE PRICE
- $6,000.00 REBATE
-------------
$31,143.90 BALANCE FINANCED WITH NOTHING OUT OF POCKET (Sign and Drive)

489.63 monthly payments for 72 months (Had I NOT ALREADY PAID OFF LOAN to avoid $3,999 in interest)

7,500 expected federal tax credit

Wow! They way that I see it, You got a car with a LIST of $38K for $31,000 including all charges and tax?!!!!! They really must want to sell those cars near you !! That looks like they gave you a discount of almost $10k, and THEN you will get the $7500 tax refund? WOWOWOW

powersurge said:
Wow! They way that I see it, You got a car with a LIST of $38K for $31,000 including all charges and tax?!!!!! They really must want to sell those cars near you !! That looks like they gave you a discount of almost $10k, and THEN you will get the $7500 tax refund? WOWOWOW

This is why I am the owner of a new 2015 Leaf. My calculations suggest that it is even less expensive for me to operate after 10 years than to have kept my 1998 Subaru Outback with 191k on it that I have owned since 7 miles. Of course, the gas savings has taken a hit recently: when I was researching gas was at $2.50/gallon. It is now at $1.81 at Costco. So the fuel savings is lower that I calculated.

It is still a pretty good deal.

Got this offer today on a 2015 SV:

I trade in my 2013 SV w 17600 miles and 8 lease payments at $370/mo

They give me a 2015 SV w QC for $3500 down and $370/mo for 36 months

Didn't seem like a great deal so I didn't bite. I thought the 2015s are more heavily discounted. Thoughts?

apacheguy said:

Didn't seem like a great deal so I didn't bite. I thought the 2015s are more heavily discounted. Thoughts?

That price is high because they are building in the last 8 lease payments into your new car price. Not sure what state your in, but in CA they are basically giving them away. You can get a 2015 S right now for $5000 off for financing, $3000 additional dealer incentive, plus $2500 state rebate, and $7500 federal credit. Not sure on lease deals. To me the best deal right now is on 2015 S models.

apacheguy said:

Than is actually not a bad deal considering that you are 8x370= $2,960 upside down on your current lease. They are rolling in the $2,960 into your new lease payments.

Off the street you can lease a SL for $2399 down and $306/month.

Here is the offer on ChooseNissan.com
THE 2015 NISSAN LEAF®
As shown 2015 LEAF SL with Pearl White Paint $303 per month lease.

$199 Mo. lease for 36 mos
$2,399 Initial pymt.
2015 LEAF S Lease
36 Months - $199/Month - $2,399 initial payment.
Excludes taxes, title, and license. $2,399 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $2,200 consumer down payment, $199 first month payment.) (INCLUDES $10,925 manufacturer's rebate applied to $199/Month lease. Offer valid only when financed through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation.) Subject to residency restrictions. 2015 LEAF S Lease model 17015 subject to availability to well-qualified lessees through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation. $29,860 MSRP incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $15,806 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $7,164 At lease end, purchase for $8,659, plus purchase option fee up to $300 (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear & use plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. A disposition fee is due at termination of lease term. No security deposit required. Must take delivery from new dealer stock. See participating dealer for details. Offer ends 11/30/2015.
Text me this offer

tkdbrusco said:
apacheguy said:

That price is high because they are building in the last 8 lease payments into your new car price. Not sure what state your in, but in CA they are basically giving them away. You can get a 2015 S right now for $5000 off for financing, $3000 additional dealer incentive, plus $2500 state rebate, and $7500 federal credit. Not sure on lease deals. To me the best deal right now is on 2015 S models.

I am in CA and at least at SJC Imperio they are not giving them away.

Flyct said:
apacheguy said:

Here is the offer on ChooseNissan.com

THE 2015 NISSAN LEAF®
As shown 2015 LEAF SL with Pearl White Paint $303 per month lease.

$199 Mo. lease for 36 mos
$2,399 Initial pymt.
2015 LEAF S Lease
36 Months - $199/Month - $2,399 initial payment.
Excludes taxes, title, and license. $2,399 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $2,200 consumer down payment, $199 first month payment.) (INCLUDES $10,925 manufacturer's rebate applied to $199/Month lease. Offer valid only when financed through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation.) Subject to residency restrictions. 2015 LEAF S Lease model 17015 subject to availability to well-qualified lessees through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation. $29,860 MSRP incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $15,806 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $7,164 At lease end, purchase for $8,659, plus purchase option fee up to $300 (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear & use plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. A disposition fee is due at termination of lease term. No security deposit required. Must take delivery from new dealer stock. See participating dealer for details. Offer ends 11/30/2015.
Text me this offer

Thanks. Good to know there are much better deals available which were at no point offered to me.

Flyct said:
Than is actually not a bad deal considering that you are 8x370= $2,960 upside down on your current lease. They are rolling in the $2,960 into your new lease payments.

Well, the way I see it, they are going to get much more than 3 K for my 2013 SV when they sell it. It only has 18 K miles. I want to see them eat the cost of it and not roll it in at all to my lease payments if I'm going to go for a 2015. Otherwise I'll wait out for the 2016 and either get that or ditch Nissan all together if the price isn't right.

apacheguy said:
Flyct said:

Well, the way I see it, they are going to get much more than 3 K for my 2013 SV when they sell it. It only has 18 K miles. I want to see them eat the cost of it and not roll it in at all to my lease payments if I'm going to go for a 2015. Otherwise I'll wait out for the 2016 and either get that or ditch Nissan all together if the price isn't right.
Not how a lease works. Essentially for the cost of $2960 they can turn it in and get nothing, or they can pay the $2960 and purchase it at the residual value, and then try to sell it for a profit, which is unlikely unless they are able to negotiate the purchase price down so they can make a profit.
Basically they are paying the $2960 to pay off your debt and they potentially get nothing in return, unless they can negotiate something...

How much lower do folks think discounting will go this month on the 2015 S?

Around here the online discount is as high as $9,400 ($4,400 from dealer plus $5,000 from Nissan). If the dealers keep their websites current, they still don't seem to be moving.

How badly will the dealers want to sell their 2015s before the end of the year? I'm kind of holding out for total discounts of $12,000. Am I pushing my luck?

I just got quoted $24K out the door on a 2015 S with QC. that would make it $14K post rebates here in CA. Same exact car that I bout 17 months ago, except $4k less! A little annoyed, but oh well. I actually thought about trying to sell mine and buying a new one, but I would be lucky to sell mine for $14K, so I'd basically be going through a big hassle for a car with fewer miles.

Just bought out my lease on my 2013 S model with quick charge package. Was 2 years into a 3 year lease with 15,000 miles per year. Had 33,000 on the odometer. The Deal

Payoff: 14,722
Nissan discount: -6,500
Certification/7 year/100,000 mile extended warranty bumper to bumper: +1,146
Dealer: +549
Taxes: 663
Total: $10,901

Paid 2,000 down and got 0% financing for 24 months. Plan to pay it off within 3 months. Feeling pretty happy, it meets our needs, so we plan to drive this into the ground.

Back