Leaf owner needs place to live in Bay Area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worldmap2014

My 2013 Leaf and myself need to find a new place to live as we are losing the lease to our house near Oakland, CA (owners decided to sell suddenly). Unfortunately I recently installed the AV 240v charger, and I'm going to miss having that. So I need to rent a room in a house where hopefully there is a charger that we could share. Anywhere in Oakland/Berkeley/San Francisco would be great.

worldmap2014 said:
My 2013 Leaf and myself need to find a new place to live as we are losing the lease to our house near Oakland, CA (owners decided to sell suddenly). Unfortunately I recently installed the AV 240v charger, and I'm going to miss having that. So I need to rent a room in a house where hopefully there is a charger that we could share. Anywhere in Oakland/Berkeley/San Francisco would be great.
Many evictions going on in the Bay Area due to sharp rise in housing and renting costs. I wouldn't be surprised if after they get you out, then they redecide to rent it out at a much higher monthly rent. That way avoiding any rent increase law limits. You might want to talk to owners and see if there is room for negotiation.

worldmap2014 said:
My 2013 Leaf and myself need to find a new place to live as we are losing the lease to our house near Oakland, CA ...

Want to rent an apartment?

The story below is the first I've seen about a Bay area property manager equipping their properties with dedicated EVSEs for tenants.

I'm sure there will be many others soon.

...some property management companies are proactively installing charging. Sequoia Equities of Walnut Creek, Calif., for example, just announced it will install charging stations at 28 of its properties in northern and southern California.

The program is partly a result of requests by residents, but also a response to an anticipated growth in the number of plug-in electric vehicles because of the California mandate that 15.4 percent of all new vehicles sold the state by 2025 be plug-in pure electric, plug-in hybrid electric, or fuel cell vehicles by 2025, Cynthia M. McSherry, senior vice president of Portfolio Management at Sequoia told PluginCars.

McSherry said that the only “the only real challenge thus far was to pinpoint the locations that could best utilize existing electrical infrastructure, so as to minimize installation costs.”...
http://www.plugincars.com/planning-electric-vehicle-ownership-accessible-apartment-dwellers-129340.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't see any info at their website yet RE EVSE access, but you can search for an apartment here:

http://www.sequoia-communities.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will definitely be taking the AV EVSE wall-mounted charger with me. The de-install seems pretty easy. Hopefully I can adapt it by adding a plug and then plugging it into a 240 outlet in my new place (when I find it).
Open to any leads on a place to live in SF/Oakland area!

thanks

Back