LEAF Driver Violates Wheaton's Law

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nubo said:
Lol donald, I gotta say you take absolutely nothing at face value. Don't ever change. :D
.. and there I was reading a thread about people speculating on what disabled people look like, and other saying not to pre-judge.

Just to add, I would suspect, and support, cards for people who need to cart medical equipment around that they might need to get to quickly - indeed like asthmatics who might have oxygen cylinders with them.

Having a disability card in the family myself, it is mainly essential for access rather than distance. For our needs, a scenario of extra wide spaces but away from the entrances would do for me. Our needs to be 'close' with a wheelchair are less than an asthmatic with an oxygen bottle, but we do need the wide space.

What an EV JERK!!! - He should have this license plate:

evjerk.jpg

patrick0101 said:
I saw an illegally parked Leaf a few days ago. It was blocking access to a wheelchair van and preventing
a mother from loading her wheelchair bound son. She was mad!
2014-09-14%2B13.31.19.jpg

You can read the story here:
EV Driver Violates Wheaton's Law

RonDawg said:
I wouldn't be so harsh on the "hysterical mother." Having to care for someone who is in a wheelchair is hard work, more so if that person is also developmentally disabled as well as physically.

As someone who has to help care for an elderly parent myself, I can see losing one's cool over things that are trivial to someone else.
Yea - if one just 'presumes' mom can move about like a nimble person, then "just go do it" works - in a perfect world. In the real world, you leave a (younger) kid in a wheel chair - to go jump in your car, and you can imagine all kinds of bad scenarios.

Back