Keys locked inside!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all,
The Leaf won't let you lock the door if it senses a FOB is inside. The key is it sensing. I have had mine 2016 and now 2019, not recognize a key if it is in a pocket with to much stuff around it ie. winter cloths. I can see a low FOB battery causing this. In the cup holder should be within the range but it is a radio after all and lots of stuff can interfere with that.
I have never had either car let me lock the door with the FOB in the cup holder but I do replace my FOB batteries every 2 years regardless.
Key in the trunk will definitely be too far away. There is a drawing in the manual somewhere of the interior and exterior range of the FOBs.
greg

Tried several methods to lock fob in the car and all failed. Looks like another reason to replace fob battery as soon as the alerts on the dash start. I generally don't change mine until it won't unlock the doors any more. I would change that habit but fob only gets touched when I change pants.

Back