July 27 Nissan email: the Nissan LEAF: get ready to order

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mods: Would a new thread set up as a poll with choices August thru Fall2011 make sense ? Give us a better one-look location to "graph" the distribution of the ordering months of forum members ? It can't answer details (location, special circumstances), but nevertheless gives us a gauge of "spread" ...

LEAFer said:
Mods: Would a new thread set up as a poll with choices August thru Fall2011 make sense ? Give us a better one-look location to "graph" the distribution of the ordering months of forum members ? It can't answer details (location, special circumstances), but nevertheless gives us a gauge of "spread" ...

Yes - I'm going to do it. I had been waiting for my mail - which isn't coming, it looks like. There is some problem with my account - I'll have to call tomorrow to correct :roll:

I just got my email this evening; September 2010. I placed my reservation on 4/20 and live in LA county.

Also, I had my in home assessment on 7/16 and have yet to receive the quote. I contacted Nissan to check on the status and they put me through to Aerovironment who told me that everything is fine and they are working through a backlog. How long is taking people here to get their quotes turned around?

Azrich said:
LEAFer said:
Azrich said:
Just came in:

Hi Richard, thanks for reserving your 100% electric Nissan LEAF™. We just wanted to let you know you'll be able to order your new Nissan LEAF in September 2010.
Wait a minute ... you're AZ ... doesn't that conflict with the August timeframe mentioned at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=851&start=10 ?

I'm wondering that too. I've asked other Arizona people to let me know what their email says, September or August?
Mine says August

Santa Barbara, CA
"You'll be able to order your new Nissan Leaf in October 2010"
Reserved 4/20/2010 7:19PM - Home inspection 7/7/2010 - no estimate yet

I ordered on 4/20 and have had the assessment 7/12, but no quote yet. They gave me October as my order date. I thought San Francisco was going to be higher on the roll out list.

The big question for me is, What is the time gap between when the order is placed and when you should get your car?

IBELEAF said:
Alright, the question is whether August or even September get December deliverables? I would hope so
I got August and free charger but I am going to tell them I want it on Jan 1. 2011 for taxes

cinmar said:
Per Nissan chat, they say the order month is solely based on reservation order and will be staggered by state.

In this case, what Nissan chat says seems to bear some relation to reality. However, that still doesn't explain the "late August, early September" date given to me by chat when they "looked at my record." I'm counting on August 38th.

Personally, the date I need to know is the delivery date. I'm having nightmares about pulling out some pretax money to pay for the car on December 27th, and being told, "Sorry the car won't be here until January 3rd."

I am in the city of Los Angeles. Reserved April 20, can't remember what time but early on. I got September. I am still waiting to hear from ecotality. I was one of the ones who was told they had more questions before they could say I would get free EVSE. If anyone else who is in this boat hears from them, can you please post on the Ecotality thread? I feel like I am in limbo :(

I have two reservations: Email for the San Diego area res is September order date.
The L.A. suburb res came back with an August order date. Not the sequence I expected but the L.A. reservation was made before the email to reserve arrived. I just happened to log into my account minutes after the res system went online I think. I ordered by 1:30pm PDT on 4/20. My reservation code starts with a '0' if that means anything.
If I can get one soon enough to qualify for the $5k rebate I'll buy, otherwise leasing. Still looking for a Los Angeles Nissan dealer that will agree to MSRP, not impressed with dealers in my area so far.

The San Diego address (Carlsbad) was part of the EV project free charger zone but all I heard from them was they will contact me to get more info.That res was made about 45 mins after the L.A. res.

Anyway, perhaps it's just the combo of rollout area and your reservation number that determines the Aug/Sep/Oct thing. Gonna cancel the San Diego res soon, unless my brother (used his address) decides he wants to trade his VW diesel for BEV.

Jimmydreams said:
mitch672 said:
I'm probably going to cancel my reservation, MA is "fall or winter 2011", I have better uses for $99 than giving a multinational corporation a $100 interest free loan for 1.5 years, I'm also rapidly losing interest in the Leaf

You might want to think twice about that.

Hertz is getting a bunch of Leafs after the initial roll-out period, and others will as well. Even though your time period is fall or winter, the data from the early wave MIGHT make them the hottest prospect for a year or more to get.

Keep your $99 reservation, get a Leaf at MSRP. Wait in line with all other non-$99 depositors....your leaf may cost you many thousands OVER MSRP. It's only $99, I'd wait it out.

By winter of 2011, it's too close to the release of the Tesla Model S, which I would prefer, why settle for a Leaf when the model S will be out very close to that time frame anyway. Nope, no Leaf for me, and many in the other 38 states will probably feel the same way. The price difference is not all that great, but the EV range will be much better on the model S.

Kataphn said:
I am in the city of Los Angeles. Reserved April 20, can't remember what time but early on. I got September. I am still waiting to hear from ecotality. I was one of the ones who was told they had more questions before they could say I would get free EVSE. If anyone else who is in this boat hears from them, can you please post on the Ecotality thread? I feel like I am in limbo :(

I have exactly the same situation as you. We will see...

Chris

mitch672 said:
By winter of 2011, it's too close to the release of the Tesla Model S, which I would prefer, why settle for a Leaf when the model S will be out very close to that time frame anyway. Nope, no Leaf for me, and many in the other 38 states will probably feel the same way. The price difference is not all that great, but the EV range will be much better on the model S.

I hope you have your model S details right.

I doubt S will be delivered in 2011. 18 months is too short a time to build a new plant (as Tesla themselfs said in an interview). 160 miles for $49K (after rebate) is 60% more miles for 100% more money.

hmmm, I'm still waiting on my charger assessment even though (prior post) I can order in Sept. The first scheduled time the guy didn't show up. Hopefully, they will show up Aug. 6th. Nissan promised to send someone else (they couldn't even reach the ECO guy in my area).

I hope even though the ordering is in September, I will get the Leaf before the end of the year (come on tax credit).

I sure wonder what the rollout page meant by factory accessories may be ordered?

1) 6.6 KW charger?
2) Wheel well cowling option?
3) Additional software for the nav/computer?

You guys are all bummed out because you have to wait till August or September. I was just happy to finally place a reservation in the second wave. My order date is January 2011. I guess that will probably mean no $5000 from California unless they add more money to the pot. Bummer.

Well, once again no email. This is starting to suck. They keep assuring me I have a valid reservation, but this is at least 3 emails missing.

Back