July 27 Nissan email: the Nissan LEAF: get ready to order

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azrich

Just came in:

Hi Richard, thanks for reserving your 100% electric Nissan LEAF™. We just wanted to let you know you'll be able to order your new Nissan LEAF in September 2010.

We'll send you an e-mail when it's time to work with a dealer to pick your car's color, review options and get a quote.

As you can imagine, the response for the Nissan LEAF has been tremendous. The Nissan LEAF order period will be staggered by state, and the timing of your reservation will hold your place.

As a result, orders from states with an infrastructure to support electric driving - either in place or planned - will be taken first. But no matter where you live, you'll be among the first in your area to get a LEAF.

For more information available to Nissan LEAF reservation holders, please click here.

dang...no email yet...I did originally have my address as Albuquerque, but I changed it to Phoenix a bit ago...I hope that didn't knock me back...I did pre order on 4/20.

Gavin

Azrich said:
Just came in:

Hi Richard, thanks for reserving your 100% electric Nissan LEAF™. We just wanted to let you know you'll be able to order your new Nissan LEAF in September 2010.
Wait a minute ... you're AZ ... doesn't that conflict with the August timeframe mentioned at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=851&start=10 ?

I just got mine. In fact I got TWO!

Actually, due to problems early on in the reservation process, I still have two accounts, one of which I'm trying to cancel. But interestingly, this gives us some insight into the importance of the reservation date, maybe.

My reservation that carries a date of 4/20/2010 for which I have had a home EVSE assessment done says that I can order my Leaf in September.
My reservation that carries a date of 4/26/2010 and for which I never replied to the EVSE assessment offer says that I can order my Leaf in NOVEMBER!

Why? Either it was the 6 day later reservation or the lack of response to the EVSE assessment that put the second reservation in that category.

LEAFer said:
Azrich said:
Just came in:

Wait a minute ... you're AZ ... doesn't that conflict with the August timeframe mentioned at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=851&start=10 ?

I'm wondering that too. I've asked other Arizona people to let me know what their email says, September or August?

Northern California. September.

Immediately went to Nissan chat. Was told late August, early September. :lol:

Maybe the ordering process begins in August but the first orders will be placed in Sept?

We'll have to wait to see if anyone gets an Aug email.

Got mine...using a Mesa, AZ address, ordered 4/20.

Hi Gavin, thanks for reserving your 100% electric Nissan LEAF™. We just wanted to let you know you'll be able to order your new Nissan LEAF in September 2010.

Gavin

Sept...grrrr :)

On the website now - in your account - is the launch schedule. Nothing personal - just the rollout.

thank you for your interest in Nissan LEAF. we'll email you to let you know when it's time to order your Nissan LEAF. in the meantime, check the launch schedule for state-by-state info on the Nissan LEAF rollout, news about website upgrades, test drive opportunities, and helpful ordering info.

Nissan LEAF™ launch schedule
august
* Arizona
* California
* Oregon
* Tennessee
* Washington

september
* Hawaii
* Texas

december
* Alabama
* Dist. of Columbia
* Florida
* Georgia
* Maryland
* North Carolina
* South Carolina
* Virginia

fall/winter (2011)
* remaining
36 states

coming late August

we're making changes to the Nissan LEAF website. the enhanced experience will include:

* the Nissan LEAF payment estimator - estimate your monthly lease or finance payment
* enhanced vehicle configurator - an eco design package, hologram kickplates and more factory accessories will be available through our enhanced configurator
* updated range and battery lifecycle information - more on how Nissan LEAF fits your driving lifestyle

the 100% electric Nissan LEAF tour

the 100% electric Nissan LEAF tour will commence Fall 2010. the tour will feature a test drive* for LEAF reservation holders, information on public charging infrastructure and home charging options. tour dates and locations will be communicated in September.
contact us

* 1-877-NO-GAS-EV (877-664-2738)
* live chat
* send us an email with your questions

*Limited number of test drives per market.

Okay mwalsh, so you're the first August one, and we're both in central Orange County. Congratulations!

I was speaking with a supervisor at Nissan EVs and I tried to get an idea why yours and mine were different and she wasn't really clear. She did seem to say that location and reservation date were important and that if we were in the same Zip code and both ordered on 4/20, she didn't know why we would have a different order month. But since we're in different Zip codes, that sounded understandable to her. So apparently Garden Grove trumps Irvine.

Whatever!

It could be that the free charger people are also getting the cars earlier...

So if you are in AZ and get a charger free you might be ahead of somebody in AZ who didn't get a free charger...

Grrr, the luckily get luckier... :)

Gavin

AZ, preordered 4/20, no free charger for me, Sept order date.

Back