July 2011 Orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evnow said:
TimeHorse said:
What's a good Lease calculator for this. I remember reading the whole Lease thread months ago and ended up a tad confused. So if the car's going for $38800 (SL + Destination of $830) what would the lease look like if we assume the same Money Factor et al.?
We have some state specific excel sheets in the lease sticky thread. If you just change the RAQ & MSRP - without chagnging anything else, as I said, I end up with over $420 in lease instead of advertised $369. So clearly the terms have changed.

I'll upload the modified spreadsheet later in the evening today.

My guy Brice Kim at Herb Gordon confirmed Nissan official Lease Rate for the 2012 SL is $409 per month. So that's pretty close. Bruce is also working on an invoice for me so as soon as he has it I'll update the blog (the one listed in my signature).

kmp647 said:
August 4th is the opening of public orders.
hard to say what advantage we have ordering on july 25th or 26th

could be a week or 2 , 3 weeks sooner ?

who knows with all thats happened

my guess is dealers in this area will have ground stock and or orphans by january

so us getting cars in November , not much of a difference

Except about 12 months for the government to refund your $7500 credit!

TimeHorse said:
So if the car's going for $38800 (SL + Destination of $830) what would the lease look like if we assume the same Money Factor et al.?

How do you get $38800 for the SL? I calculate $37250 MSRP + $830 Destination = $38080. Typo?

evnow said:
TimeHorse said:
evnow said:
I'll upload the modified spreadsheet later in the evening today.

Thanks! :)
Sorry - couldn't get to it yesterday. Hopefully today.
Here it is.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B1CIl2zp22pXNDU0YmIxNzQtNTMxMC00NDg4LTk1MWItYzdmODc4NWUwMTJk&hl=en_US

This is for WA. Change the License fee, state tax % etc for your state. Note that the Net Capitalized Cost I get is some $300 more than what Nissan says. We have to wait for more lease details to correct that.

Now to pretend it's just like last September:

25 July 17:15: No mail yet, dashboard closed but I did switch to Nissan of Chantilly since I have a better feeling with them.

TimeHorse said:

25 July 17:15: No mail yet, dashboard closed but I did switch to Nissan of Chantilly since I have a better feeling with them.

Do you know if that affects your place in line at that dealer? Not sure it matters though where you show up on his dashboard.

rnkepler said:
TimeHorse said:

Do you know if that affects your place in line at that dealer? Not sure it matters though where you show up on his dashboard.

I am pretty darn sure that you can switch your dealership without penalty up to the day your dashboard opens, but once opened, if you want to switch there's a 24 hour cooling off period when you refuse the offer from the preferred dealer. However, it may mean that I get knocked out of this month's quota for that dealer, but I have a feeling my former dealer wasn't on the ball with this anyway.

rnkepler said:
There is no "place line at the dealer" just where you are in line with Nissan. When your car with your VIN arrives, that's when you get it. We saw time and again people who had been an early order at a dealer waiting while later orders' cars came rolling in. The important thing is to have your ducks in a row so that the RAQ process proceeds smoothly. Last Sep/Oct some dealers were pretty clueless and kept RAQs waiting, and some people found their dealer choice wouldn't budge on price and wasted time rejecting the quote and RAQing another dealer.

Oh, that was fruitful:

27 July 2011: Nissan of Chantilly's dealer dashboard should be opening up!

Anyone know a dealership opening earlier?

Mind you, I may have moved to the back of the line by switching dealerships visa vi car quote but then they have my number so I've a good chance of accepting before anyone else.

Whether I claim the car in 3-6 mo is another story! Stupid lack of 6.6kW charger!!

TimeHorse said:
Oh, that was fruitful:

27 July 2011: Nissan of Chantilly's dealer dashboard should be opening up!

Anyone know a dealership opening earlier?

Did that info come from the dealer or CS? I talked to my dealer today and he said he thought dashboards would start opening on the 26th. Not sure if he meant for his dealership or more broadly. I'm trying to find out from CS if they're opening any dashboards today.

TimeHorse said:
Whether I claim the car in 3-6 mo is another story! Stupid lack of 6.6kW charger!!
All you need is lobby for a QC at your work. Know of any good looby firms ;-)

Just spoke to CS. CS is just saying that they are updating the website today and emails will start going out beginning today in batches and ending Thursday.

rnkepler said:
Just spoke to CS. CS is just saying that they are updating the website today and emails will start going out beginning today in batches and ending Thursday.
Remember - emails don't matter. You can order from the website before you get the email. My email came after I had ordered thr' the website, got Rairdon's response and accepted the offer.

Keep checking the website ...

ps : Unlike in Aug/Sept when the order time/date really mattered in terms of delivery, I don't think it will make that much of difference now. Nissan is delivering cars in much larger numbers.

They still have about 7 hours to start sending out emails. Guess I should keep an eye on my spam folder as well as checking my account.

Dealership, not the regional rep. But it was at the dealership level for sure. I can believe yours might be the 26th, I don't except all dealership dashes to open at the same time.

Where are you located again? I'm in VA.

evnow said:
rnkepler said:
Remember - emails don't matter. You can order from the website before you get the email. My email came after I had ordered thr' the website, got Rairdon's response and accepted the offer.

Keep checking the website ...

Yeah, every time I've talked to CS and they say just wait for the email I've mentioned that people ordered without ever getting the email. It still doesn't look like they're done updating the website though. It still says "2011 Nissan LEAF is now sold out" at the top of the my account page although most other references have been updated to 2012 info from 2011.

TimeHorse said:
Dealership, not the regional rep. But it was at the dealership level for sure. I can believe yours might be the 26th, I don't except all dealership dashes to open at the same time.

Where are you located again? I'm in VA.

Raleigh, NC. I got the impression that my dealer was talking about the dealership opening for orders on the 26th.

seems like now even if they send me an email I am working on my RAQ tomorrow

sales guy is gone by now or gone by 9pm

wont matter all that much if its tomorrow or wed

I just want to get it done!

Most people won't be able to order (RAQ) because of an EVSE Waiver issue that means even those wanting the home assessment are kind of f'd. I chatted with customer service and they told me their techs were working on it and they promised to add me to a list of numbers they would call when it's fixed. Not that that's very efficient, so it's probably another refresh every 5 minutes issue. :)

Back