July 2011 Orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimeHorse

July 2011 Nissan LEAF Orders
AECN said:
Yes, it is I, the intrepid Tier 2, most vocal LEAF enthusiast on the East Coast with a piece of wonderful news about the July 2011 Nissan LEAF Orders. You may ask why I'm talking about July when it's only June. Well, that's true, I've jumped the gun again. And look through the My Nissan LEAF archives, didn't I wax poetic in a similarly in the December Orders thread? And what happened: the entire East Coast went from December Orders to Late Summer 2011 Orders. Am I jinxing it now? I darn well hope I'm not.

But folks, this time I have it on good authority. I spoke to Chris, a sales rep at the ever friendly at Criswell last week and he had some wonderful news for me that I'm sure all Tier 2 long sufferers are dying to hear: Late Summer is only 6 weeks away (or there abouts)!

Criswell, I just want to say, is one of the most LEAF friendly dealership in the Metro D.C. Area (no, I don't work for them). Indeed, they were one of the few (only) Chevrolet dealerships in the country to provide an MSRP guarantee on the Chevy Volt; given all the stories of gauging we've heard on that car, this says a lot. And it's no different with the LEAF: MSRP.

But here's what I have from Chris who has it from the Nissan Regional Sales Rep: July Ordering!

This bears repeating: July Ordering for Tier 2!

Yes, that means we may finally be getting to order in as little as 6 weeks! Certainly any time from 4 to 8 weeks from now!

As for delivery, with the 4-7 month window, Chris and I agree the best case scenario would be November 2011 delivery but the worst case is something I've heard indirectly from Passport Nissan of Alexandria: that delivery may be as late as February or even March 2012. Both dates would be in keeping with the 4-7 month window currently suggested from Nissan.

So get your orders ready Tier 2 folks! Our time has come!

I think you should try to find out what exactly was said at the meeting and by the rep

I would ask again as the info does not seem to jive with the info directly from Nissan press release .

The reps dont always have good info

ask again , and ask EXACTLY what was said

there should be some training going on or some news at the dealership if orders are going to start in July

ask again

kmp647 said:
I think you should try to find out what exactly was said at the meeting and by the rep

I would ask again as the info does not seem to jive with the info directly from Nissan press release .

The reps dont always have good info

ask again , and ask EXACTLY what was said

there should be some training going on or some news at the dealership if orders are going to start in July

ask again

I have one answer about "coming in early 2012" from you and one from Passport Alexandria. I spoke to Chris at Criswell (yes, I know that's confusing) and I think a good follow up would be if I can get a hold of Ken at Herb Gordon (Silver Spring) and maybe someone at Browns Fairfax or Sterling or the Tyson's dealer who's name escapes me. Aaron is the GM of both Browns last I checked but I expect there's been lots of turn-over at Sterling but I think Sharon at Browns Fairfax (featured in the blog) is probably my best bet since I want Virginia confirmation; MD and VA are the same market from what Chris tells me.

But my guess is most dealers think we worry about delivery so they assume "when are you getting the LEAF" means "when can I get the LEAF", in which case, a pessimistic Early 2012 would be a safe guess even if we're talking early September ordering (still late summer). But for us in the know, the real question is when are our dashboards opening and that I think Chris is right when he suggests July and I believe him when he says test drives should commence in August when they receive a test vehicle.

But yes, I will try to get confirmation next week.

As I've always said - rest of the states will get to order after cold weather package is available :)

evnow said:
As I've always said - rest of the states will get to order after cold weather package is available :)

Yup, that hurdle is cleared now, so maybe they will start early..........

I will be shocked,,...... but maybe it will happen.

they gotta run out of registered buyers at some point and start tapping other markets where we are chomping at the bit.

After having been on Week of July 5th for almost a week now in my DB, I had to learn today that the ETA was changed now in the DB to Week of July 12th, already have my CW setup with the VIN for the new arrival. Lets see what comes next... :)

ralphmc said:
After having been on Week of July 5th for almost a week now in my DB, I had to learn today that the ETA was changed now in the DB to Week of July 12th, already have my CW setup with the VIN for the new arrival. Lets see what comes next... :)

That's great! Congratulations. But please, this is July Orders, as in for people who have been desperate to order the car since 20 April 2010 but are stuck in Tier 2 waiting and pushed back from December 2010. Well, us and anyone being told their order window is officially July. As it happens, if you live in AZ, CA, HI, OR, TN, TX or WA, it's my understanding that if you reserved today, you would get a request to order tomorrow (well, Monday if today). There is no longer any wait in those states. And if you live in the 36 states outside of Tier 1, Tier 1A and Tier 2, you would still have no idea in the world when you could order your car.

So again, I'm so happy you're finally so close to deliver but really, can't we Tier 2 folks have someplace to go where we're not constantly being made jealous of the many folks who have already ordered long ago...? :)

OK, College Park, MD here, I just got an email from Nissan informing me I can order next week. Caveats: it's the 2012, and the price is up. The email says SV on a lease is $369, details:

>>$36,050 MSRP incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $26,820 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee.

Except I reserved an SL. Elsewhere on this site I see pricing on the SL is now 37K.

So now, I have to decide. My heart says get the Leaf. My head says get the Volt (it looks so much better and no range anxiety). My head also says get neither, keep my paid-off car and save the $.

This is heresy, but was hoping ordering would be delayed awhile longer <G>.

I listed my dealer as Passport in Alexandria, but people on this group recommend Criswell so maybe I should switch.

tedbe said:
OK, College Park, MD here, I just got an email from Nissan informing me I can order next week. Caveats: it's the 2012, and the price is up. The email says SV on a lease is $369, details:

>>$36,050 MSRP incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $26,820 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee.

Except I reserved an SL. Elsewhere on this site I see pricing on the SL is now 37K.

Any more details on the lease ?

Looks like the lease is a better deal this MY than the last.

tedbe said:

So now, I have to decide. My heart says get the Leaf. My head says get the Volt (it looks so much better and no range anxiety). My head also says get neither, keep my paid-off car and save the $.

This is heresy, but was hoping ordering would be delayed awhile longer <G>.

I listed my dealer as Passport in Alexandria, but people on this group recommend Criswell so maybe I should switch.

Well, my reading is $36,050 is $35,200 + $830 for the destination fee. So, your equivalent financing on a 2012 SL should be $38,800. Not sure exactly how the calculation goes from there but it no doubt follows from that.

kmp647 said:
has everyone gotten an email about being able to order next week?

I usually get all the emails from Nissan, but this time no email :?:

Nope, not here (4/20/2010 reservation as well) although I think at least one other person in NC posted that they got the email. They only have two weeks to allow the current reservation holders to order before they open up the reservations again so it won't be long in any case. But man I hope they're not doing the whole FILO thing again.

I am so anxious about the whole deal I asked in a chat this morning for them to check my reservation cause I had not received the email

they said that my account is good to go and I will get an email by end of the week

they are sending the emails out in 3 waves over 3 days

hope this doesnt mean i wont get to order til late in next week :|

some of the dealers in the area sya their allocation for orders in july is 1

so if you dont get in quick , it would delay things

other dealers might have higher allocations

Received today 7/20 here in central NC. The full text of the email from Nissan follows:

"
Hi xx, thanks for reserving and patiently waiting to order your 100% electric Nissan LEAF™. We're very excited to let you know you'll be able to order your new 2012 Nissan LEAF next week.

So what is new for the 2012 Nissan LEAF? We have taken feedback directly from our customers by making the most popular optional equipment on the 2011 model standard equipment on the 2012.

This equipment includes a battery heater for cold-weather operation, heated outside mirrors, heated front steering wheel, heated front and rear seats and rear HVAC duct. The Quick Charge Port is also added as standard equipment on the Nissan LEAF SL model.

The 2012 Nissan LEAF is available starting at $369 a month/36-month lease ($2,599 initial payment – excludes tax, title and license)*.

We'll send you an e-mail when it's time to work with a dealer to pick your car's color, review options and get a quote.

For more information available to Nissan LEAF reservation holders, please click here.

==================================================================================

Available only through online reservation process. Limited quantities in select markets and states. Full market rollout in CY 2012. One order per household address until availability increases. Taxpayer must incur federal tax liability to receive full benefits. Consult your tax professional. Lease payment excludes the cost of the EVSE/home charging dock and installation.

*2012 Nissan LEAF SV MSRP subject to change. Subject to availability to well qualified lessees through Nissan-Infiniti LT ("NILT"). Subject to credit approval. $36,050 MSRP incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $26,820 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $13,284. At lease end, purchase for $16,583, plus $300 purchase option fee (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear and tear plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. Disposition fee due at termination of lease term. See participating Dealer for details. Offer valid only for orders placed online through the Nissan LEAF Customer Journey website on or before August 31, 2011.

Always wear your seat belt, and please don't drink and drive. ©2011 Nissan North America, Inc.

If your e-mail address has changed, please click here to update it.

This email was sent in response to your interest in Nissan LEAF™ and will provide you information about the status of your reservation. This is not a promotional email from Nissan. If you have previously elected not to receive promotional emails from Nissan we will continue to honor your request and only contact you with transactional information tied to your Nissan LEAF reservation.

To view Nissan's privacy policy, click here.

Nissan Marketing
Mail Stop P3C
P.O. Box 685003
Franklin, TN 37068-5003

xRB said:
*2012 Nissan LEAF SV MSRP subject to change. Subject to availability to well qualified lessees through Nissan-Infiniti LT ("NILT"). Subject to credit approval. $36,050 MSRP incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $26,820 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $13,284. At lease end, purchase for $16,583, plus $300 purchase option fee (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear and tear plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. Disposition fee due at termination of lease term. See participating Dealer for details. Offer valid only for orders placed online through the Nissan LEAF Customer Journey website on or before August 31, 2011.
16,583 residual means the residual % has been increased from 45% to 46%. I had to decrease the interest from 4.9% to 4.2% (MF 0.00175) to get to $369. But I still don't get $26,820 of net capitalized cost - I get 27,137. Close, but not close enough.

BTW, the std lease gone from 15K miles to 12K miles.

kmp647 said:
I am so anxious about the whole deal I asked in a chat this morning for them to check my reservation cause I had not received the email

they said that my account is good to go and I will get an email by end of the week

they are sending the emails out in 3 waves over 3 days

hope this doesnt mean i wont get to order til late in next week :|

I checked as well and CS said not to worry about the "you get to order next week" email. They did say that I would be able to order on the 25th, 26th or 27th so it look like all tier2 dashboards will open no later than Wednesday next week. They specifically said if your dashboard doesn't open by the end of Wednesday then contact CS and they should straighten it out for you. Don't wait till the end of the week.

kmp647 said:
some of the dealers in the area sya their allocation for orders in july is 1

so if you dont get in quick , it would delay things

other dealers might have higher allocations

Just 1? I'll double check with my dealer then about their allocation. I know one dealer said he was giving priority to fleet vehicles ordered from the local municipalities and he said that would likely eat up his first month's allocation.

Back