Is Leaflink available on the Leaf S

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stone

Hello,

Will you be able to select the leaflink, remote control via iPhone, option
on a basic Leaf S model?

Thanks.

i.e. does Leaflink rely on any other options being present?

No, the S has no carwings, no navigation, no link of any sort except hands-free Bluetooth to your cell phone. It has (rudimentary) timers, but no remote control, unless you count the limited range "intelligent key".

Ray

Thanks very much.

I did a search for Carwings and found this useful link

http://www.nissanusa.com/electric-cars/leaf/versions-specs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I guess Carwings is what I was asking about, not Leaflink. Now I'm not sure what Leaflink is
if anything.

Carwings, got it.

stone said:
I guess Carwings is what I was asking about, not Leaflink. Now I'm not sure what Leaflink is
if anything.

LeafLink is a 3rd party iPhone app that many of us use to in place of the standard Nissan iPhone app.

http://www.leaflinkapp.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh, OK.
I guess googling it wouldn't have broken my fingers.

Thanks, though.

I was going to get the basic S, but I don't think I can live without this.
You can do a quick check of the battery condition while having your
coffee, then plan accordingly.

You can get fully loaded 2012 Leaf SL, with Carwings and all, for a lot less by buying pre-owned. There are quite a few out there with less than 5-10,000 miles that go for around $20-25k. + most of the 2012s are made in JAPAN. (side note: compare the VINs that start with a J to those with a 1, you'll see a noticeable difference in material and assembly quality. For example: the U.S.-made center stack trim has an orange-peel effect compared the Japanese one, which is like a mirror. Also, overall paint quality differs a bit) My mother-in-law was assembly-line manager at a UAW GM plant and shared her words of wisdom :idea: : "Try to avoid buying an american-made car that was built during a night shift, especially on a Friday or a weekend!" Sad but True...

Back