Is Carwings glitchy for you?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nissan claims only a single day for the most recent outage of Carwings, and that all has been well again now for several days. Well, we obviously thought otherwise. But at least they now know about this thread, and so I encourage continued posting here if troubles for you persist.

The thread does seem to have gone a bit quiet, so maybe my remote cc off failure this morning was one of the more acceptable one-offs.

TomT said:
CC worked ok for me this morning...

mwalsh said:
The thread does seem to have gone a bit quiet, so maybe my remote cc off failure this morning was one of the more acceptable one-offs.

CC only worked for me after several tries this morning. I park outside and take the kids to school first thing
in the morning, so I really like to be able to have a warm car for them. However, for the past week turning CC
on from the web portal or the mobile app has just not been working. It doesn't help that you don't get feedback
that CC on failed for at least 3 minutes after you make the 'on' attempt. If I'm getting the kids ready I don't have
time to go check on the car in the driveway for positive verification.

When it does work, it's a great feature I didn't know I needed until now. :)

FalconFour said:
Whoa, whoa... rewind a minute, I'm having a total TiVo moment here.
back_rewind.png

madbrain said:
So that that bulky Avcon adapter and 220V charging station that take the entire trunk space don't get stolen when charging in public ... He is at actually considering leasing one.

I'll bite. What's this? :lol:

Are you asking about my poor editing skills after 4am, or the Avcon adapter + dryer plug + SPX charging station ? Those do take a lot of space.

Viktor said:
And no comments on Hobbit? :eek:

The IMAX 3D HFR version was great.

The 2h50mins felt like 1 hour. I could have sat in the theater to watch the other 2 movies in one sitting if they had been released.

The 1 hour of previews, including a special preview of some scifi movie, couldn't end soon enough, however.
Those felt like 3 hours. I actually wondered if I was in the right theater and went out to ask the theater staff about it.

FalconFour said:
Unfortunately, this also reflects poorly on Nissan, indicating that the LEAF is more of a Monday through Friday job, and nobody in charge of anything "corporate" must drive a LEAF on a regular basis or use Carwings... because if Carlos Ghosn drove a LEAF and ran into these kinds of problems... heads would roll on weekends. :lol:

Obviously Carlos Ghosn must not be driving a Leaf, then.

FalconFour said:
Just got a pretty snappy response myself as well. Well, about as snappy as the usual:
*go to website*, *log in*...
(5-10 seconds later)
*view status*
*request update*
(20-odd seconds later...)
"Last updated: (now)"
*climate control: on*
"Sending request..."
(20-odd seconds later...)
"On"
*goes to look out window at LEAF plugged in just under my window*... light blinking, it's running...
"Off"
*writes this post...*
*checks the status...*
"Sending request..."
*facepalm*
"Climate control off failed"

So, yeah, it's back to its usual "working well enough to call it a 'feature'" self. Still much room for improvement, but at least as of this moment, it's working.

Now give us a "Stop charging" (or a "charge to 80%") option for remote-start charging! :lol:

Definitely not working as usual for me.

I just plugged my car at work in the parking lot in an open area with good cell reception.
Tried to update carwings from the website. No update.
I got a text message on my cell about the communication error.

The Carwings web site shows the last update was on december 14 , 3 days ago...
That's the last time the state of charge is reflected.

I didn't get the full charge notifications or unplug notifications this weekend either.
Remote climate control has not worked either.

However, when I look at the driving history on the Carwings website, I do see my stats from December 15 and 16 .
So it's not 100% of the communications that are failing. The car is at least sending the traffic data to Carwings at startup ...

But everything else seems to be failing.

Failure to communicate with the vehicle (or something like that) when trying to request update.

Ever since I upgraded the iPad app last week--problems, problems. Unable to contact server, unable to contact car (communication failure), climate timer failure (this morning 07:10 am) etc etc.

I gave up on the iPhone app long ago. I bought an orphaned Leaf that had already been set up for the predestined buyer. After it reverted back to his name at least three times I finally gave up. I called Nissan and the woman told me everything was right in the system, even though I told her it wasn't working. She just kept telling me everything was right, as if those words were magic. I haven't used the iPhone app since the beginning of the horrible summer of loss. Love driving the Leaf, but hate everything else.

jspearman said:
I gave up on the iPhone app long ago. I bought an orphaned Leaf that had already been set up for the predestined buyer. After it reverted back to his name at least three times I finally gave up. I called Nissan and the woman told me everything was right in the system, even though I told her it wasn't working. She just kept telling me everything was right, as if those words were magic. I haven't used the iPhone app since the beginning of the horrible summer of loss. Love driving the Leaf, but hate everything else.

I had very little problem with the previous version of the app except that I was almost always "inactive for too long" and had to re-log on each time. Also having difficulty this week with the owner's portal I use on the PC, so probably something wrong at their end, but perhaps a glitch in the app is tying everything up at server central?

zowland said:
jspearman said:

I had very little problem with the previous version of the app except that I was almost always "inactive for too long" and had to re-log on each time.

FYI, the problems don't seem to be app-related.
The failure to communicate is the same either with the Owner's portal web site, or the Android app.

madbrain said:
FhYI, the problems don't seem to be app-related.
The failure to communicate is the same either with the Owner's portal web site, or the Android app.

Agree, but my problems started when the app upgrade rolled out. Perhaps something the app is doing is hanging up the servers.

Still very broken... sitting here for 20 minutes trying to get climate control to turn on, simultaneously using the app and the website to send requests to the car, hoping one of them doesn't bounce back and will actually work. :lol:

edit: Finally, 30 minutes of persistent checking/retrying/checking/retrying and even peeking out the window (it takes WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY TOO LONG to detect when a request failed and to let me try again...), I finally got climate control turned on, verified by the light on the car finally flashing.

Definitely still broken. Now, time to go brave the ice cold weather and pick up some late-night munchies. :lol:

18 Minutes to get a vehicle status updated message this morning - multiple failed attempts. Does Nissan expect us to pay for this in another year? They can't tell us everything has been fixed with 2 months to go and expect us to pay. Fix it NOW - please.

Last night, over 20 minutes of repeated attempts to turn on the heat while sitting at a charger in 33 deg. weather before one finally took. Then another 3 attempts to turn it off.

It was working fine a few weeks ago. Maybe it is overloaded with people sending heat on/off requests now that winter is here.

I haven't seen CarWings this messed up for this long EVER. I remember a few days about a year ago when there were similar server issues, but this is really bad (and it's not the wireless network/modem). If they really are going to charge for this service (and I do thing there is some value in it), Nissan may need to re-think or re-locate their server network.

Back