Is Carwings glitchy for you?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think that pulling the fuse will do it this time. Some stuff works, some stuff doesn't. But I see your post in the other thread and I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

FYI...Google Maps Information Feed isn't working either.

Gonna call tomorrow if the fuse pull doesn't do it. Most Carwings stuff I can pass on, but cabin pre-conditioning and the Google Maps 'Send To Car' are two things I can't live without.

I tried the fuse, verified that it was reset (the center display alone forgot what time it was for a few minutes), in fact also went through Carwings settings and had it update everything and re-authenticate, all successful from the car. Nothing changed. In fact Carwings isn't even reporting the right status of the car anymore - remote climate control hasn't worked properly all day the past few days, but Carwings reports that CC was turned on when it wasn't. Even after multiple refreshes, it still acts like CC is turned on, and won't let me send another "on" command without first sending an "off" and waiting... and waiting... and waiting.

It's definitively screwed the heck up. :/ And being that not a single person has popped in here to say "wha? no, mine's working 100% fine", it's quite possible it's a LEAF-wide outage affecting all users... so far the statistics in this thread are pretty telling. :lol:

Hate weekends... I posted a link to this thread on Nissan LEAF's Facebook page, but our good friend Jonathan C. over there apparently only works Monday through Friday :lol:

It's been very spotty for me this week too.

I was suspicious since I had my car towed to the dealer that way after I got a flat tire monday night after 11pm on my way home. Why did someone leave their dark bumper right in the middle of a poorly lit freeway right in the lane I was in ? It was too late to avoid.
It was a royal PITA : the tow truck took two hours ! The call center couldn't even figure out where the dealer was when I told them the address. Sigh.

At least good to see it's not just my car re: Carwings.

The climate control request did not work tonight at 3am after getting out from the watching Hobbit in IMAX 3D. I guess the Nissan carwings server admins left for the weekend ...

Interestingly, I am getting most of notifications of full charge in the middle of the night (still charging on 120V).

But I am not getting unplug notifications. Just checked this at home also when showing the car to the friend and unplugging.
Great way to demonstrate - I was showing him the charger and plug. I unplugged but the text message never came. I had to tell him that "the car is *supposed* to send me a text message when you get unplugged" . So that that bulky Avcon adapter and 220V charging station that take the entire trunk space don't get stolen when charging in public ... He is at actually considering leasing one.
I have yet to use a single J1772 or ChaDeMO public charger in 2 months ...

I don't have a good AT&T signal at home in the hills though. The XM radio seems to work fine inside the garage but AT&T is a whole other thing. I don't really understand why XM satellite can work indoors, it doesn't work in the Prius 2011 in the other parking spot..

Whoa, whoa... rewind a minute, I'm having a total TiVo moment here.
back_rewind.png

madbrain said:
So that that bulky Avcon adapter and 220V charging station that take the entire trunk space don't get stolen when charging in public ... He is at actually considering leasing one.

I'll bite. What's this? :lol:

Hello,
I have been having continuing problems. Yesterday for example carwings failed every time.
Trouble communicating with vehicle.
Trouble communicating with server.
Your request failed try again later.

Word of this problem has been passed along to Nissan Social Support, which should get it brought to the attention of the right folks at Nissan North America.

With any luck, some attention to Carwings problems (even when it IS working properly, e.g. it's slow as molasses and painfully inconvenient to use as a result, IMO) might even get some overall improvements made :cool:

Of course, it'll still help if everyone continues to report if they're also having problems - or even if they're NOT having problems!

FalconFour said:
I tried the fuse, verified that it was reset (the center display alone forgot what time it was for a few minutes), in fact also went through Carwings settings and had it update everything and re-authenticate, all successful from the car. Nothing changed. In fact Carwings isn't even reporting the right status of the car anymore - remote climate control hasn't worked properly all day the past few days, but Carwings reports that CC was turned on when it wasn't. Even after multiple refreshes, it still acts like CC is turned on, and won't let me send another "on" command without first sending an "off" and waiting... and waiting... and waiting.

It's definitively screwed the heck up. :/ And being that not a single person has popped in here to say "wha? no, mine's working 100% fine", it's quite possible it's a LEAF-wide outage affecting all users... so far the statistics in this thread are pretty telling. :lol:

Hate weekends... I posted a link to this thread on Nissan LEAF's Facebook page, but our good friend Jonathan C. over there apparently only works Monday through Friday :lol:

I've been having this problem all week too. I couldn't figure out if it my car or Carwings. First noticed it when my climate control didn't work on Wednesday. The windows were so fogged I couldn't leave for work on time. Looks like it is likely Carwings.

This morning I did not get the normal "Charging Complete" (or "Charging Stopped" (80%)) email. I went outside at the time of End-Timer-Programmed 100% completion. It had in fact finished.

The Update Request (via web) a few minutes ago worked fine.

A few days ago Remote-Climate-Start was not working. And several Update Requests failed.

Same issues here. Status check goes through like 1 out of 10 times. Remote CC doesn't work. Update stations/carwing stats are ok. The fuse trick didn't help at all. Is Nissan aware about this?

Like I said, I got a reply back from someone working with Nissan earlier today, saying that he hasn't heard of a Carwings outage (though clearly there is one), and he's forwarded the issue along to Nissan Social's support, which should get it along to the proper channels to be addressed. But also that it may not get checked until Monday due to the, well... Monday through Friday thing.

Unfortunately, this also reflects poorly on Nissan, indicating that the LEAF is more of a Monday through Friday job, and nobody in charge of anything "corporate" must drive a LEAF on a regular basis or use Carwings... because if Carlos Ghosn drove a LEAF and ran into these kinds of problems... heads would roll on weekends. :lol:

I managed to get a fairly snappy update response back from the Carwings web page, and then a couple of minutes later another quick update via LEAF Link @22:33 pst. So maybe they've got it back in shape.

Just got a pretty snappy response myself as well. Well, about as snappy as the usual:
*go to website*, *log in*...
(5-10 seconds later)
*view status*
*request update*
(20-odd seconds later...)
"Last updated: (now)"
*climate control: on*
"Sending request..."
(20-odd seconds later...)
"On"
*goes to look out window at LEAF plugged in just under my window*... light blinking, it's running...
"Off"
*writes this post...*
*checks the status...*
"Sending request..."
*facepalm*
"Climate control off failed"

So, yeah, it's back to its usual "working well enough to call it a 'feature'" self. Still much room for improvement, but at least as of this moment, it's working.

Now give us a "Stop charging" (or a "charge to 80%") option for remote-start charging! :lol:

Yes, me too. The last few days the preheat or update was not working well from remote requests on my iPad. It was reporting communication failures.

At first I thought this was because of a colder weather pattern with some rain.

I will try again early this morning and if still having problems will report to CS.

Been FUBAR all weekend. I'm pretty pissed because all I really want is to do is preheat the car when it's cold outside.

Umm.... it's winter now preheat everyday and it hasn't worked since Thursday. I can't even get the update function to work when I'm in the car (teenager updating the phone). CW is undeniably a complete POS as we all know. Having said that it's not a reason to refuse to get the car but it certainly takes all the enjoyment out when you have to burn traction energy to keep warm instead of getting into a toasty warm car.

Ok so I'm really complaining because my feet are still cold after being in the office for 40 minutes but sheesh. Nissan, it's not rocket science. Get your in flight missile repair tech on this.

I used a cron job to start charging through the portal every morning at 5:30am. The past three days the start charge command has failed, but I still get the "charge complete" emails. So I don't understand. Had some weirdness with a QC yesterday. Set it for 90%, it charged to 77%, and I never got any emails. Yet I restarted it from 77 to 80% and got an charging stopped email.

Back