Is Carwings glitchy for you?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone on another forum suggested disconnecting the 12v battery for a few mins and then reconnecting it. This is supposed to force it to search for the phone network and reconnect cleanly afresh. I have no idea if this will work or if its even advisable.

hsilgnede said:
Someone on another forum suggested disconnecting the 12v battery for a few mins and then reconnecting it. This is supposed to force it to search for the phone network and reconnect cleanly afresh. I have no idea if this will work or if its even advisable.
I thought of doing that, but what has me confused is the code they found during service and the fact that it worked ONLY ONCE after/when they fixed it, but not since then. Notice that the 1/19 service uploaded data for 1/14-1/16. The 1/14 happens to be the date I pulled F34. 1/16 happens to be a two-day delay ... actually 3 days ... which is somewhat normal, since CarWings has that as a natural delay before data shows up in the Driving Records.

CW last updated at 5:50 am EST on 1/23.

Don't like CW much anyway, LeafLink much faster and I never have to log in again.

On the 24th, CW support had me go into the Navs' "Download Interval" screen. Somehow it had set itself to "never", they wouldn't or couldn't say how, just that it happens.

24 later, still no CW, they give me a reference #, ntb11-041b, and tell me to see a dealer.

Tell me I'm not the only one. You think?

Dealer says their only Leaf tech got a better offer, but they've got one in training, will call me back today. Alternate dealer service dept doesn't even answer the phone, three tries! Second alternates' receptionist cant put me through to service, too busy, and no clue if they have a Leaf tech.

Good thing I don't need CW.

As I posted http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=258782#p258782" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It seems clear there needs to be a better communication channel for various issues, ranging from Carwings bugs/reliability problems to suggestions...
Someone at the Phoenix meeting (sorry, don't have the time index) did ask Andy Palmer and folks whether they use Carwings and whether they have the reliability problems one guy was complaining about. Andy said no. I guess it works ok for them in Japan...

The video's at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=258747#p258747" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, if you want to spend 2 hours watching it. ;)

Seems like the Carwings communication channel for problems would be something for Chelsea's committee to work on.

Looks like Nissan just updated the iPhone app. It claims to fix the "keep me logged in" bug where if it can't connect, it clears out your username and password. Also updated some stuff for 2013 LEAFs. But, I still can't log in. It quickly errors out and says to "try again later". I am seeing status updates via the GreenCharge app, so I know carwings is working. Are they conflicting with each other? I don't know.

leafedbehind said:
Looks like Nissan just updated the iPhone app. It claims to fix the "keep me logged in" bug where if it can't connect, it clears out your username and password. Also updated some stuff for 2013 LEAFs. But, I still can't log in. It quickly errors out and says to "try again later". I am seeing status updates via the GreenCharge app, so I know carwings is working. Are they conflicting with each other? I don't know.

I'll give it a shot. I'll get the new one on my iPad and leave the old one on my phone. Will tell you what happens...stay tuned.

Yep. New one fubar. AVOID UPDATING! :eek:

Old app still works.

Tried on iPad mini and iPhone5...seems that CARWINGS is down. I can't get updates with Nissan LEAF (previous version v2.0.1), LEAF Link, nor GreenCharge. LEAF Link also shows an error '9005' whatever that is.

mwalsh said:
Old app working for me just fine.

Interesting. Not only are all 3 apps NOT working for me on both iPhone5 and iPad mini, neither am I able to refresh the information from my laptop computer from the online Nissan Owner Portal. I get the following message:

"vehicle status: request failed
Your request to update vehicle status for MyLeaf failed. There was a problem detected communicating with the vehicle. Please try your request again. Also ensure your vehicle is located in an area with cellular reception and it has been driven with the last 14 days."

Last update is 5:26am this morning. My LEAF is in my garage; we have excellent cell reception, car was driven yesterday.

Think I'll hold off on the update for now.

BlacklickBob said:
mwalsh said:
Old app working for me just fine.

Interesting. Not only are all 3 apps NOT working for me on both iPhone5 and iPad mini, neither am I able to refresh the information from my laptop computer from the online Nissan Owner Portal. I get the following message:

"vehicle status: request failed
Your request to update vehicle status for MyLeaf failed. There was a problem detected communicating with the vehicle. Please try your request again. Also ensure your vehicle is located in an area with cellular reception and it has been driven with the last 14 days."

Last update is 5:26am this morning. My LEAF is in my garage; we have excellent cell reception, car was driven yesterday.

Think I'll hold off on the update for now.

I did have an issue like that earlier this morning while trying to turn CC off, around 3.5 hours ago. But the second time I tried it was fine, so I shrugged it off as a one-time deal. Maybe not?

UPDATE this morning, 10:40am Eastern. CARWINGS seems to be mostly operational now. Leaf Link and GreenCharge are now working as well.

Both old and new versions of the Nissan LEAF app are working for me, and I've removed the older ones. This includes iPhone5 and iPad mini. Today there was also an Apple update to iOS v6.1 on both the iPhone5 and iPad mini. After updating both iOS's and the Nissan LEAF app's, still works fine.

Of course, all is not perfect. From my laptop, I can access CARWINGS through the Nissal Owner Portal and the updates are there properly this morning (NOT so yesterday). However, I tried to "Plan a Route" and CARWINGS kept returning error messages and would not allow me to get beyond the home page. Interestingly, LEAF Link works quickly and brilliantly for this. LEAF Link and GreenCharge are my go-to apps for my LEAF now, and each takes far, far less time to load and update than the native Nissan LEAF app, even in its new version.

Wanted to start charging.
Three times tried to refresh, third try worked.
Refreshed again, worked.

50% wouldn't make me want to pay for this slow, unreliable application.

Unless something changes, I'll drop it after 36 months.

CW, which hasn't updated since Wednesday 1/23, out of the blue starts working again tonight!

I had made an appointment to do the update this Monday, so nothing changed.

Leaf customer support says get the fix anyway.

Fascinating.

Went in for fix, and Leaf Tech says update in TB is same as in my nav, already have latest version.

Would have been total waste of time, but had them fix trim piece on door while there.

Got to meet them and check out dealership too. Leaf techs were good, would use them again. Mine was first Leaf they had seen in the year they've been for sale here.

Called Nissan Customer Support. They don't have a clue. Now say some server work must have fixed it.

Whatever. All my apps back to normal.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Went in for fix, and Leaf Tech says update in TB is same as in my nav, already have latest version.

Would have been total waste of time, but had them fix trim piece on door while there.

What broke on your door trim? Mine, the ends of the horizontal trim surrounding the door glass seems to be made of a soft cheese. And I have one of the pillar finishers (passenger side front) has a small crack in it. I haven't thought about taking them in as warranty issues, though I suppose I should.

Attachments

• photo26.JPG
    photo26.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 66
  • photo27.JPG
    photo27.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 66
Absolutly, get it fixed under warranty.

Mine was the sort of pointy oval trim panel that covers the window and lock switches on the front passenger door. It had either popped out or came that way and I didn't notice. Holds in with little plastic tabs. Not really broken I guess, they just popped it all the way out and re-inserted it, but figured I'd let them do it.

Still shocked by how bad Carwings and support are. They should hire the folks who made LeafLink or GreenCharge and create a good app.

Hello,
We randomly have failures when trying to preheat. Been going on for a while now, I mostly don't trust it and just bypass the timer and let it charge for my extra heater juice.

Don

Getting multiple failure to connect messages. Can't tell if data has uploaded etc. Would someone mind telling me how to "reset" the system by pulling a fuse or any other technique that avoids a trip to the dealer?

I've been through turtle twice and I mean through it to a dead stop. On my map, the location where it came to rest is now a charging point. How stupid is that? I can contemplate the reason it happens but you would think that the system would compensate for those of us that are stupid enough to actually kill the thing - and more than once at that.

A bit of self inflicted humor may go a long way but without accurate instruments (built in GID meter perhaps) in the vehicle it is difficult to tell how close you really are to running out.

Back