Is Carwings glitchy for you?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Currently unable to remote start climate control via the web app. "Sending request" message displayed since request was sent in about 5 minutes ago. Also seemed to take a long time to complete this morning (used the iPad/iPhone app then).

zowland said:
Currently unable to remote start climate control via the web app. "Sending request" message displayed since request was sent in about 5 minutes ago. Also seemed to take a long time to complete this morning (used the iPad/iPhone app then).

I had no issues this morning, at around 9am Pacific. Will not need to try again now until around 10:30am tomorrow.

mwalsh said:
I had no issues this morning, at around 9am Pacific. Will not need to try again now until around 10:30am tomorrow.
For me, the server was sluggish at 7:15a MST and unresponsive around 5:30p MST. Interestingly, when I got to the car, the heat was on, despite both attempts failing according to the screen, and confirmed by messages sent to my e-mail account:

Nissan LEAF update:Climate Control Auto Off Thu 1/10/2013 5:47 PM
Nissan LEAF update:Climate Control On Failed Thr 1/10/2013 5:43 PM
Nissan LEAF update:Climate Control On Failed Thu 1/10/2013 5:36 PM

It's weird that the system always seems to go bonkers just when you need it the most--we're supposed to get a blast of artic air in tomorrow, and over the weekend.

I can't log into the portal online nor the iPhone app.

I can't get a reset.

I can't find a customer service number or email readily. (I'm taking a moment to vent here, thanks! :D I'll go back and try again in a minute).

CW/portal was a pain to set up as it was, and now I'm locked out and can't reset.

What the "H" Nissan grrr :x

Seriously, a multi-billion dollar multi-national corp and this is what we get??

dcxplant said:
I can't find a customer service number.

Try the main LEAF number at Nissan. This is also the same as their emergency road service number. From the roadside assistance manual:

NISSAN EMERGENCY CONTACT INFORMATION
• Nissan EV Customer Support: 1-877-664-2738 (Hours of operation are Monday-Friday 7am - 7pm, Saturday 8am - 4:30pm Central time zone). Note: this is the numeric equivalent of 1-877-NO GAS EV
• Nissan Consumer Affairs: 1-800-647-7261 (US) or 1-800-387-0122 (Canada) (Hours of operation are 8am - 5pm (Monday-Friday) Eastern, Central and Pacific time zones)

Strange result this morning. Finished charging to 100% at 05:30. Checked status around 07:00, and was told that I had:

0 Bars :eek:
36 miles range (32 with A/C) :?
20 minutes to charge completion. :|

:shock:

I can only guess that I caught it in the middle of a cell-rebalancing event but still odd. A check 20 minutes later and everything was done and normal.

CW has not received data since Dec 28. On 1/11 I re-logged into CW in the car. No good. On 1/14 I pulled the fuse. No good. Yesterday (1/19) at second annual service I complained. This morning CW shows trip data starting Jan 14 thru Jan 16, but Dec 29-Jan13 data is missing.

Other CW operations (updates, charge complete, start climate) had been "normal" (occasionally unreachable, but that's normal for this rural area) between Dec 28-Jan19.

Update/Edit: Just looked up the service paperwork regarding the CW not updating: It states

Code:
Customer states Car Wings not recieving [sic] updates or trip data
Cause: Checked Telematics- -Code U1A03 stored for SIM card
145 Chasis Electrical
221 WN
30373 Checked Telematics- -Code U1A03 stored for SIM card Followed
Flow Chart in Service Manual.  Code stored for SIM card, 
Checked--Reading at this time. Erased code, no reset.  Telematics 
functioning at this time. Performed Control Unit reprogram

Wanted to report back here that the iPhone/Carwings interface is working flawlessly for the last several weeks. Remote functions such as getting charge updates, climate and charge control works fine.. response has been consistently less than 30 seconds..

Great job, Nissan.

I'm glad to hear that Carwings on your iPhone is working better. It always takes me logging in twice and waiting about 5 minutes before I can start the climate control... Just tested it and it still takes two separate login attempts and about 5 minutes to actually log in. :x

pasowino said:
I'm glad to hear that Carwings on your iPhone is working better. It always takes me logging in twice and waiting about 5 minutes before I can start the climate control... Just tested it and it still takes two separate login attempts and about 5 minutes to actually log in. :x
Are your problems on iphone or android?
If android, could you try the app I have been working on the last few days and see if that has same problems?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=no.darkspawns.leafmanager" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mkjayakumar said:
Wanted to report back here that the iPhone/Carwings interface is working flawlessly for the last several weeks. Remote functions such as getting charge updates, climate and charge control works fine.. response has been consistently less than 30 seconds..

Great job, Nissan.

Glad it is working for someone. As usual for me, it works about 5% of the time I try to use it. Which is really bad considering my dealer still insists on unplugging the car sometimes when I plug in over there. I don't think it is too much to ask for this to work. What I really want is for them to add wifi capability to the car so that I can access it that way when the Carwings cell service doesn't want to work.

I find Carwings to be the thing that causes me the most stress. I need to charge 9/12 bars to make it home every day, so monitoring is important. So frustrating.

Haven't been able to get an update from the car since 18:20 GMT yesterday. Prior to this had no issues. Have tried in different locations, both of which have worked in the past. It says no service. I have tried re-sending the password information and log in. No good. Quite annoying. Hasn't caused me any actual problems, other than I had to walk out to the back garden last night to make sure it was charging. Annoying though.

LEAFer said:
CW has not received data since Dec 28. On 1/11 I re-logged into CW in the car. No good. On 1/14 I pulled the fuse. No good. Yesterday (1/19) at second annual service I complained. This morning CW shows trip data starting Jan 14 thru Jan 16, but Dec 29-Jan13 data is missing.

Other CW operations (updates, charge complete, start climate) had been "normal" (occasionally unreachable, but that's normal for this rural area) between Dec 28-Jan19.
Update/Edit: CW is still not receiving data from the car. So, the Jan14-16 was a temporary burst, probably caused by the Jan19 service.
drivingrecord2013012414.jpg

Update to below sequence of events. Even this morning still do not have new data since the 3-day-burst. Note, though, that the 3-day-burst STARTS on 1/14, which is the day I pulled fuse F34 for 20 seconds. (BTW, I am storing "Memos" in online CarWings Driving Records regarding these issues.)

This morning around 7:50 I re-logged in AGAIN to CW. It accepted the login. I cleared Feed History, and turned on Service Reminders (this had been off), and changed the 1 hour interval in Unplugged Messages to 15 (?or 30?) minutes. I updated Stations Near Current Location. Let's see what happens.

Does any one have any other ideas as to why car is not sending driving data since Dec 28 ? Or what else to check/re-set ?

LEAFer said:

Update/Edit: Just looked up the service paperwork regarding the CW not updating: It states

Code:
Customer states Car Wings not recieving [sic] updates or trip data
Cause: Checked Telematics- -Code U1A03 stored for SIM card
145 Chasis Electrical
221 WN
30373 Checked Telematics- -Code U1A03 stored for SIM card Followed
Flow Chart in Service Manual.  Code stored for SIM card, 
Checked--Reading at this time. Erased code, no reset.  Telematics 
functioning at this time. Performed Control Unit reprogram

Back