ICED - Images of Offending Vehicles Board of Shame

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ILETRIC said:
Attitude as big as the Lone Star State. Definitely flatten the tires. On driver's side.
Of course then he might pull out a big knife and cut the J1772 lines.
Or pull out a 45 and shoot up both charging stations, and render them dead.
So, ultimately, not advisable.

That would be destruction of property. Definitely a criminal offense. Letting air out of tires isn't quite the same. Though I could see some rednecks taking it too far.

This has inspired me to finally get my "Don't be an ICE-hole" stickers designed and printed. Violence and vandalism is not the answer here, as tempting as it is. Don't you think that someone with a truck like this in Texas also carries a gun? I think we would all agree it is not worth losing your life. A bit of education could help here, and a humorous delivery could make it better received.

If anyone is a good graphic designer and wants to help me with this please let me know in a PM.

You should have done this with the EVSE:
0.jpg

That would send the message.

For ignorant people, perhaps the addition of the following sign might do the trick:

"WARNING: RISK OF ELECTRO-MAGNETIC FIELDS. These spaces are reserved for charging electric vehicles. The electro-magnetic fields generated near the charging points make the spaces unsuitable for any other vehicles and may cause permanent and extensive damage. Claims for damage to the electronics of non-electric vehicles parked in these spaces without authorisation will be rejected. Patrons are advised that there have been no successful claims made against the site owners for such damage. Immobilised vehicles are towed for disposal at the vehicle owner's expense."

If we can get the rumour started that ICE cars have been destroyed by being parked next to charging points, I think we just need to sit back and let viral myths take hold, such is the general public's paranoia of all-things EV.

Relying on people's good nature and manners is a bad bet in the world these days. Either the pickup truck is parked illegally or it isn't. If it is, try to get some enforcement, if it isn't, just suck it up and write it off to the folly of public charging. I really don't see how people can go through their day relying on facilities like these. If you had gotten there and found the spaces already occupied by EVs charging you might feel a little less incensed but you would be equally hosed.

It would take a bit of organizing but a fun advocacy activity would be to round up a dozen EVs some Saturday and go park them at a gas station blocking all the pumps. Then have everyone go in and browse around in the convenience store for half an hour (sorry I'll just be a couple more minutes I can't make up my mind between the Cool Ranch Doritos and the Cooler Ranch Doritos).

donald said:
For ignorant people, perhaps the addition of the following sign might do the trick:

"WARNING: RISK OF ELECTRO-MAGNETIC FIELDS. These spaces are reserved for charging electric vehicles. The electro-magnetic fields generated near the charging points make the spaces unsuitable for any other vehicles and may cause permanent and extensive damage. Claims for damage to the electronics of non-electric vehicles parked in these spaces without authorisation will be rejected. Patrons are advised that there have been no successful claims made against the site owners for such damage. Immobilised vehicles are towed for disposal at the vehicle owner's expense."

If we can get the rumour started that ICE cars have been destroyed by being parked next to charging points, I think we just need to sit back and let viral myths take hold, such is the general public's paranoia of all-things EV.

Considering that here in the US, people have successfully blocked new cell phone towers due to concerns about the health risks of EMF's, spreading lies about such fields being strong enough to screw up the electronics of a car will simply backfire on the EV community in the form of removed public charging stations.

We don't want to spread mis-information. Some people are just ignorant as to how EV's work, that these charging spots are needed for EV's to function and there are laws in some places that make it illegal to park in an EV spot when you are not charging. I imagine when handicapped spots first appeared in parking lots people considered it to be more of a suggestion rather than mandatory and parked there anyway.

I don't live in a bubble. I know some people are just ICE-Holes and won't care if they block an EV spot. We can't do anything about them except get authorities to ticket or tow.

kevinleaf said:
We can't do anything about them except get authorities to ticket or tow.
Try that in Tx. You'll get nowhere. Heck, they don't even want Tesla showroom there. Now a 6B battery plant...that's a whole another story.

ILETRIC said:
kevinleaf said:
Try that in Tx. You'll get nowhere. Heck, they don't even want Tesla showroom there. Now a 6B battery plant...that's a whole another story.

Exactly. I thought TX was all about vigilante justice. Why else does everyone need to carry AR15s into Dennys or Chipotle.

MikeinDenver said:
ILETRIC said:
kevinleaf said:

Exactly. I thought TX was all about vigilante justice. Why else does everyone need to carry AR15s into Dennys or Chipotle.

Lets get back to pictures of offending vehicles.

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    3.3 KB · Views: 138
ILETRIC said:
So...now...what do we call that?! EVHOLE?

I'd like to think the person spaced like I do sometimes, I get home and completely forget to plug in because something interrupted me....

Trying to be optimistic here.

Back