ICED - Images of Offending Vehicles Board of Shame

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This wing of the parking area was closed for a long time for construction. I guess it must have been emergency structural repairs, because they certainly didn't spruce anything up. All of the green parking space paint has worn away, and even the blue of the handicapped spots is faded and filthy. No surprise then to see the area ICEd, though there is one "reserved" sign right in the face of the huge Sierra.

Z9Cghkd.jpg

dWtnxoq.jpg

TomT said:
It was too dark to get a picture, but as I came out of the grocery store last night I noted a Toyota Highlander Hybrid parked next to me (in one of the "fuel efficient vehicle" spots). What caught my eye was that it had the white HOV stickers on it. Now, since Toyota does not make a PHEV other than the Prius, I have to assume that those stickers were either fake or obtained under false pretenses... ......snip.........
Easy with the assumptions. You may also assume Hydrogen. I've seen a couple of 'em driving off UCI property as well as leaving Irvine Corporate headquarters. They all got white stickers.

Nope, I walked all around it. Not hydrogen either. It was an older V8 Highlander Limited AWD...

hill said:
TomT said:
It was too dark to get a picture, but as I came out of the grocery store last night I noted a Toyota Highlander Hybrid parked next to me (in one of the "fuel efficient vehicle" spots). What caught my eye was that it had the white HOV stickers on it. Now, since Toyota does not make a PHEV other than the Prius, I have to assume that those stickers were either fake or obtained under false pretenses... ......snip.........
Easy with the assumptions. You may also assume Hydrogen. I've seen a couple of 'em driving off UCI property as well as leaving Irvine Corporate headquarters. They all got white stickers.

Well another, unrelated issue is: superchargers have nowhere for a Leaf to plug in, as far as I know. No 110v and no J1772. Someone correct me if I am wrong (and I hope I am wrong).

kevinleaf said:
Well another, unrelated issue is: superchargers have nowhere for a Leaf to plug in, as far as I know. No 110v and no J1772. Someone correct me if I am wrong (and I hope I am wrong).
You are absolutely correct - there are no provisions for other than the Tesla model S and later Tesla models. Even the Tesla Roadster can not use the Superchargers.

Tell me, why should there be 120v, 240v or J1772 at the Tesla sites? Of course, this discussion has gone on before.

I don't suppose I could convince people to not "quote" photos? Especially largish ones like the last one. It isn't hard to copy and paste the actual line you want to quote, then select "Quote" from the HTML options above the posting box...

Rigs like the one above tend to be driven by selfish and self-centered people. The best response you could expect would be a disinterested shrug. The worst would be via one of our ubiquitous guns.

LeftieBiker said:
I don't suppose I could convince people to not "quote" photos? Especially largish ones like the last one. It isn't hard to copy and paste the actual line you want to quote, then select "Quote" from the HTML options above the posting box...

It was in this case; there was no text other than what appeared in the image. Sorry! :oops:

Here's a jerk who didn't want to charge, just block the DCFC at the Carlsbad outlets. There was a LEAF in the next spot using the J1772. I was lucky I could squeeze behind him and the cord reached.
20131221_131812_zpsvkxp7ot_edit_1387666847846_zpsao7uvxeb.jpg

Interesting layout for those spots, any chance he was charging via the J1772 and the Leaf took the cord? Wondering if the J1772 cord would reach over to the driver side of the Volt parked like that.

I don't know what it is with these spaces, they are very clearly marked as being for reserved for charging, but are frequently ICEd. Perhaps the drivers know that mall security just gives warnings. The ICE vehicle is a Kia sedan.

kuCTAov.jpg

pqimn4m.jpg

OK, I confess, nothing to do with charging spots, but rather with a pet peeve of mine. Someone feeling the need to leave their SUV idling for several minutes while they go to the ATM. In this instance, the person also took a handicap space, because otherwise they would have had to march a whopping 30-feet more in the cold.

I don't know what it is with these spaces, they are very clearly marked as being for reserved for charging, but are frequently ICEd. Perhaps the drivers know that mall security just gives warnings. The ICE vehicle is a Kia sedan.

I wonder what these folks would think if they came back to find a charging plug rammed into their fuel filler pipes...just thinking out loud.

Berlino said:
I don't know what it is with these spaces, they are very clearly marked as being for reserved for charging, but are frequently ICEd. Perhaps the drivers know that mall security just gives warnings.

Maybe the ICEV drivers don't understand French? :lol:

Back