I am trying to get my county to install Service Equipment.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanDietrich

Hi,
I am a new owner and just joined this board. I did some searching but could not find the info I am looking for. I want brochures, information sheets, etc, to help me convince my county and others to install EVSE in a few commuter spots and near county ice rinks and zoos. I also want to talk to a local college about putting one near their ice rink. I don't mind paying to have a PDF printed on nice paper, but I would like concise and up to date information to help me make the argument. Any ideas? Thanks.

DanDietrich said:
Hi,
I am a new owner and just joined this board. I did some searching but could not find the info I am looking for. I want brochures, information sheets, etc, to help me convince my county and others to install EVSE in a few commuter spots and near county ice rinks and zoos. I also want to talk to a local college about putting one near their ice rink. I don't mind paying to have a PDF printed on nice paper, but I would like concise and up to date information to help me make the argument. Any ideas? Thanks.

If you told us where you live, what county, someone on here may be able to help you in a more specific way.

We almost NEVER need to use any charging station other than our home EVSE. Since we do not know your needs, it is hard to make recomendations to you. It may be that you also will not have to use public EVSE. For me it is hard to justify spending time and money ($5 to $10 for what I can get at home for $1 or $2) unless we use the Leaf for travel out of our local area. In that case it is easier and cheaper to just use the ICE.

What you may find is that it is MUCH cheaper for employers and local government to install a dedicated 240v 40a outlet at these locations and you can get something like a JESLA for about $999 that will give you the full 6.6kw charge rate. I have read about airport parking garages that have a row of 120v outlets that EVs can plug into for extended stays rather than having to shell out for the thousands of dollars to install an EVSE.

Sorry I haven't invested much time in filling out profile stuff here yet. I live in South Orange NJ. I already have a juice box at home, and this isn't really about cost of charge. It is more about awareness, although if more hockey rinks around here had stations I could use the ICE even less. For example, our local arena has a commuter deck next to it that is free on weekends, and during the two to three hours I spend there on a normal Saturday I could tank up. Our games are going to get more and more remote as my son gets older, so I would like to start sticking this in peoples' heads now. Thanks for the links

Back