Hyundai Tucson Fuel Cell

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If only the numbers that don't lie could be revealed to expose the fool-cells. Hey WVU, we got another grad project for y'all...

TonyWilliams said:
GRA said:
Via GCC:
Hyundai delivers 50 more ix35 Fuel Cell vehicles across Europe in October
http://www.greencarcongress.com/2015/11/20151104-hyundaiix35.html

I'm sure glad that EV manufacturers don't release a press release for every 50 cars.
As opposed to a major media event over the delivery of six cars? :lol: But they did deliver at least another four in the following month, so maybe a press release would have been enough for that.

GRA said:
As opposed to a major media event over the delivery of six cars? :lol: But they did deliver at least another four in the following month, so maybe a press release would have been enough for that.

even GM/Ford/Nissan/Toyota etc hold major media event over the initial delivery of new model car, even nobody cares to notice.

but to hold a press release for another 50 vehicles at around 200-250 deliveries, is kinda silly.

it PRs role to remind people of what the company sells, they are just doing their job.

ydnas7 said:
GRA said:

even GM/Ford/Nissan/Toyota etc hold major media event over the initial delivery of new model car, even nobody cares to notice.

but to hold a press release for another 50 vehicles at around 200-250 deliveries, is kinda silly.

it PRs role to remind people of what the company sells, they are just doing their job.
I know, I know, I just couldn't resist.

Via ievs:
Electric & Hydrogen Cars Race From London To Paris – Video
http://insideevs.com/electric-hydrogen-cars-race-london-paris-video/

The idea itself is kind of dumb, as an FCEV will either equal the time taken for a BEV (if both cars are within unrefueled/unrecharged range), or be lower owing to faster refueling. In this case, they were using an ix35 (Tucson) and a LEAF and the distance was 276 miles, so the result was a foregone conclusion even if everything had worked. The only reason I'm bothering to post it is this part of the article:

The 276-mile (444 km) route turns out to be within range of Hyundai ix35 Fuel Cell (60 miles worth of hydrogen left), which needed just the initial fill up at Heathrow. Failing that, there was no second chance for Hyundai, as there are no other hydrogen stations along the way.

The Nissan LEAF, on the other hand, was scheduled to use CHAdeMO DC fast chargers several times for up to 30 minutes per stop. The great plan was then ruined by out of use DC chargers in northern France. The problem of not working CHAdeMOs was publicized long ago in these locations and it seems this issue still hasn’t been sorted out. . . .
So, apparently average speeds were moderate, and the iX35 had ca. 336 miles of range in the conditions.

Via ABG:
Hyundai expanding Tucson fuel cell deliveries to NorCal soon
http://www.autoblog.com/2016/01/22/hyundai-expanding-tucson-fuel-cell-deliveries-to-norcal-soon/

. . . There was no date set for the San Francisco-Bay Area hydrogen cars to arrive, but Hyundai's Mike O'Brien said that because, "We will sell them where there's fuel." Stations are supposed to begin opening in NorCal in the next few weeks. The next area that Hyundai suspects to launch the Tucson Fuel Cell is in the Northeast, which is the plan that other automakers have as well.
Note that the first Bay Area H2 station just opened on Jan. 15th, in San Jose. Three other Bay area stations are scheduled to open by the end of February, with another 7 in the pipeline for Q2.

Hyundai is celebrating the fleet of Tuscon Fuel Cell vehicles surpassing the million-mile mark in CA:
Hyundai said:
Hyundai Tucson Fuel Cell drivers have again surpassed an iconic threshold, accumulating more than 1,000,000 miles on the roads and highways of Southern California while emitting only clean water and replacing approximately 385 tons of CO2 emissions that would have been emitted from vehicles of similar size. Hyundai has delivered nearly 100 Tucson Fuel Cell crossovers since its introduction as the first mass-produced fuel cell in the U.S. market in June 2014.
Since there are fewer than 100 of these vehicles in CA, the average distance traveled by each is currently over 10,000 miles.

100 vehicles in 2 years? Wow, a blistering pace. Slow down there Hyundai, you'll overtake...oh, nevermind. So, maybe the next 10 years we will see more? or the next 10? or maybe...the next 10? how about the next 10 years? i think we have all heard this before. like 10 years ago. and then 10 years before that. just sad and maddening at the same time. :roll:

From a UK perspective why pay £53k for a car when the owners of the hydrogen stations say they will fix the price at the same cost as diesel per mile? :roll:

Via GCR:
Hyundai delivers first Tucson fuel cell vehicle in Ontario
http://www.greencarcongress.com/2016/03/20160314-hyundai.html

That's Ontario, Canada, not Socal. I don't know where they plan to refuel it, although the first one went to
. . . Joseph Cargnelli, Chief Technology Officer and Co-Founder at Mississauga-based Hydrogenics Corporation.
The company apparently makes H2 production and storage systems, so i assume there are some there. Six Tucsons had been leased in British Columbia prior to this, although there was only a single fuel station there last time I checked.

Via ABG:
1st Hyundai Tucson Fuel Cell in Bay Area,
http://www.autoblog.com/2016/05/04/1st-hyundai-tucson-fuel-cell-in-bay-area/

From the press release:
SAN JOSE, Calif., May 2, 2016 – Capitol Hyundai of San Jose, California, a proud member of the Del Grande Dealer Group, delivered the first zero-emissions Hyundai Tucson Fuel Cell hydrogen electric vehicle in the Northern California region today. Capitol Hyundai is the fifth qualified dealer for Hyundai's Tucson Fuel Cell, and the first Hyundai fuel cell dealer in Northern California. . . .

Capitol Hyundai joins existing Hyundai Fuel Cell dealers Keyes Hyundai, Tustin Hyundai, Win Hyundai in Carson and Hardin Hyundai in Anaheim, for a total of five qualified fuel cell dealers in both Southern and Northern California. To become a qualified Hyundai Fuel Cell dealer, approved dealers must fulfill significant additional hydrogen fuel cell requirements in both customer service and technical services. . . .

Per IEVS, there are apparently a bit over 100 Tucsons leased in the U.S. to date: http://insideevs.com/toyota-mirai-sales-in-u-s-hits-milestone-of-250-hyundai-tucson-fuel-cell-exceeds-100/

Via GCC:
Hyundai Motor to hand over 60 additional Hyundai ix35 Fuel Cell cars to Paris-based electric taxi start-up
http://www.greencarcongress.com/2016/11/20161111-hyundai.html

Hyundai Motor will hand over 60 ix35 Fuel Cell cars to the Paris-based electric taxi start-up STEP (Société du Taxi Electrique Parisien). . . .

STEP currently serves the Greater Paris Area with five ix35 Fuel Cell cars that Hyundai Motor delivered in December 2015. The fleet is planned to increase up to several hundred vehicles within five years. The 60 new ix35 Fuel Cell vehicles will not add to the 17,000 taxis already in circulation in and around Paris; they replacing gasoline and diesel-powered cars.

Currently there are more than 300 Hyundai ix35 Fuel Cell cars on European roads in 12 countries—more than all the FCEVs of other manufacturers combined. . . .

Back