Hybrid plug in owners keep unplugging me

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would just mention another possibility. People with other cars often don't understand how to read whether a different brand of EV is finished charging or not. The Volt is particularly prone to this because GM decided that a blinking light is full and a solid light is charging (when most other electronics are the other way around) and so in many cases Volts are unplugged because the person wrongly assumes the car is done charging. The Leaf, on the other hand, has a pretty obvious setup so I am far less forgiving on that one.

There is yet even one more possibility. Maybe there was a 3rd party involved. Somebody who just doesn't like EVs or just a kid playing a prank and unplugged your car. Then second car comes along and sees your car sitting there hogging up the space without charging. Naturally, they'll grab the cord and plug in. Granted, not likely, but a possible scenario.

I think it goes something like this: a PIP charges fully in three hours from empty - 45 minutes on an L-2 setup. A Volt takes, what, three hours on L-2? A PIP or Volt owner then looks at a Leaf parked for hour after hour after hour, charging, and thinks the Leaf owner is hogging the "charger." It's unfortunate.

Back