how to retrieve address from stored location in nav?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnr

I have stored some locations in the nav but I don't remember the addresses for all of them. Can someone tell me how to retrieve the address of a stored location?

johnr said:
I have stored some locations in the nav but I don't remember the addresses for all of them. Can someone tell me how to retrieve the address of a stored location?

Menu / Settings / Navigation / Address Book / Stored Locations

johnr said:
TonyWilliams said:
Menu / Settings / Navigation / Address Book / Stored Locations
Sorry, doesn't help. Has anybody figured it out?

I'm confused. What doesn't help?

Did you press the "Menu" hard button on the right hand side of the screen?

Then the "Settings" soft button on the screen?

Then the "Navigation" soft button on the screen?

Then "Address Book"?

Then "Stored Locations"?

Your stored location will likely be a number that is the last one stored. If I just stored one, I just scroll UP to find the last entry to the stored locations. Then, you can edit it, rename it, move it, etc.

Did you do all this? The address you put in should be there.

I've tried this, but the address doesn't show up. I can move the location by "drag-and-drop", I can rename the location, but there's no place to view the address.

johnr said:
I've tried this, but the address doesn't show up. I can move the location by "drag-and-drop", I can rename the location, but there's no place to view the address.

Sounds like another Clarion feature. Bummer. Google maps might be helpful to get the address.

I have been able to export the address book, and the export file contains the latitude and longitude. So that works, sort of, but it's rather awkward and still doesn't give the actual street address.

When I go to Menu > Destination > Address Book, then select the stored location, I see the following options:

Start
Route Details
Move Location
Add to Route
Store Location
Details

However, the last two options - "store location" and "details" - are disabled. They're greyed out. I spoke with Nissan on the phone about this, and was told the "details" option would give me the address. It's only supposed to be disabled when moving, but when stopped it should be accessible.

Could you please check and see whether those last two options are disabled in your car too?

johnr said:
I have been able to export the address book, and the export file contains the latitude and longitude. So that works, sort of, but it's rather awkward and still doesn't give the actual street address.

When I go to Menu > Destination > Address Book, then select the stored location, I see the following options:

Start
Route Details
Move Location
Add to Route
Store Location
Details

However, the last two options - "store location" and "details" - are disabled. They're greyed out. I spoke with Nissan on the phone about this, and was told the "details" option would give me the address. It's only supposed to be disabled when moving, but when stopped it should be accessible.

Could you please check and see whether those last two options are disabled in your car too?

From what I can tell, when you place a point, it will try and resolve it to an address, particularly if you type it in the search, but if you just place a point (or have it added by charging at a location) it may not have any details like address.

That stored format is pretty dodge and hard to use. The encoding of the location is a proprietary format that I could never get a full answer on how to decode it. So if you really NEED the address, you could export the file, grab the Lat/Lon from the text file and put it into google to find an address. But in the nav system, I don't think you can do it.

Much more on that data format for the address book if you care at:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2483" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Perhaps "Stored Locations" are different from entries in your "Address Book"?

Then, if the Address Book is empty, the Details would be grayed out.

And, If you have not touched a location on the screen (to store), the "Store [the selected map-spot into your Address Book] Location" would also be grayed out.

Not sure, just thoughts.

johnr said:

Start
Route Details
Move Location
Add to Route
Store Location
Details

I was in the garage, and after setting as destination a edited/renamed stored location, only the Details was disabled. I touched Store Location and it just added another entry to the address book with the same edited/renamed name. I was hopping it will put the address if you store it again.

It seems to me that the navigation only stores the GPS location. The address is stored as the name. Once you edit the name .... the address information is gone.

camasleaf said:
It seems to me that the navigation only stores the GPS location. The address is stored as the name. Once you edit the name .... the address information is gone.
I think you're right. Apparently as soon as you enter an address, the nav converts it to coordinates, and only the coordinates are stored. I guess Clarion never considered that someone might want to pull up the address later. Supposedly, the address is available only for POIs, ie. locations coded in to the nav from the factory, such as restaurants, hotels, etc.

Back