How many miles before you need new tires?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TRONZ said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
We need tire pressures for people here.

36-38 but I sorta think my lifetime average 3.3 miles per kW is more to blame.

I just went out and measured - cold reading. I have 35.5 on 3 and the front right cannot be measured - the valve stem appears to be blocked. This is as the car came from the dealer.

CWO4Mann said:
I just went out and measured - cold reading. I have 35.5 on 3 and the front right cannot be measured - the valve stem appears to be blocked. This is as the car came from the dealer.
Yikes and if you're familiar with Murphy's Law, you'll need to use the valve stem in, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... :shock:

DarkStar said:
CWO4Mann said:
Yikes and if you're familiar with Murphy's Law, you'll need to use the valve stem in, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... :shock:

Well I'm picking up an Altima spare this weekend, so at least if the stem blows out I won't be on three wheels. And by the way, a little Human Interest Story from the US Army here: You can make a temporary "wheel" by removing the damaged wheel and using rope to tie on a fence post as a kind of runner under the wheel housing. This works well when one or both of your rear or front wheels are blown off by land mines, etc. However, if you have rear wheel drive only the splint only works if you unbolt and pull out the rear half-axle shaft.

Regards,

Dave

Back