Hi from CA ... question about Bluetooth

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don94578

Hi,
I've had my Nissan Leaf SV 2016 for 30 days now. So far so good, but there are a few minor issues I'm still trying to work out like why doesn't the sound work through the audio speakers when I'm using WAZE on my smart phone.
The android smart phone (Galaxy S6 Active) is connected to the car's Bluetooth because I can make and receive phone calls and texts.
But, if I want to navigate with WAZE, as soon as I start the car, the sound from the smartphone goes silent. The navigation sound is neither on the car audio system or any longer on the smartphone.
It's almost like the sound is going to the car audio system, but the volume is turned off for the device.
But, the sound works just find for the radio and the onboard navigation and for the phone so I know the sound is working. Just not for WAZE.
I can't imagine where to begin to troubleshoot this.
Any help would be appreciated.
Maybe I have to subscribe to the NissanConnect EV app?
And, please don't advise me to use the onboard Leaf navigation system instead. I have a preference for WAZE and I'm trying to solve this issue specifically.
Thx!

You need to select aux/Bluetooth as the source, if you haven't done that yet. You will not hear any multimedia audio from the phone, only phone calls, if you don't. (For my 2013 anyway...)

The phone connects using different protocols. For phone conversations, it uses mono audio. For app audio, it uses A2DP. The only way to get A2DP audio to play is to put the stereo in Bluetooth audio mode.

There are apps, such as BTMono, that allow the media channel audio (normally A2DP) to play over mono BT, but I really don't think this would work in the Leaf, since it would essentially treat the audio session like a phone call. This is how my iPhone works when I invoke Siri or use dictation to transcribe a text message or email.

The downside in all of this is, of course, that you cannot get WAZE audio while listening to the radio or USB device, etc. You would, instead have to use your android device to also play any music you want. Or maybe the smooth sounds of WAZE voice over is enough music for you.

Back