Has anyone received their free Juicebox under that program?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A friend and I both bought Juice Box EVSE. I got the plain basic he got the premium. They seem like the best price and highest AMP of any units out there. We love the arduino boards in them to check data and program.
We even got one of their 50 amp J-1772 cables to put on the premium unit. They seem SUPER so far.

We have also bought and tested a lot of different EVSE units to see how they actually work in the real work and have gathered any problems we have found that many don't want to talk about. I made a free website to check these out as we test them.

EVSEinfo.webs.com

jstack6 said:
A friend and I both bought Juice Box EVSE. I got the plain basic he got the premium. They seem like the best price and highest AMP of any units out there. We love the arduino boards in them to check data and program.
We even got one of their 50 amp J-1772 cables to put on the premium unit. They seem SUPER so far.

We have also bought and tested a lot of different EVSE units to see how they actually work in the real work and have gathered any problems we have found that many don't want to talk about. I made a free website to check these out as we test them.

EVSEinfo.webs.com

Many people buy them since they are rated for high power. The EVSE J1772 standard has two parts. The EVSE broadcasts how much power is available. Then the car charger takes what it needs.
My Leaf draws 27.5A. It will draw this on a 28A, 30A, or the EVSE max of 80A. Buying extra power gets you nothing except more money. I used to have a 2012 Leaf. Regardless of how much extra current the EVSE offered it would only take 16A

The UL certification process for JuiceBox™ is still ongoing. We submitted three units to the UL lab in Illinois for high-risk tests. A fourth JuiceBox was submitted to the UL lab in San Jose. We won't have a predictable timeline until after we pass these tests, which should take just a couple of weeks. We are expecting UL certification by this summer.

However, if you can’t wait, there is a new way to get onto a submetered EV tariff right now. If you have a pre-existing NRTL-certified charging station, you can request a certified WiFi-enabled WattBox™ submeter from us. This submeter comes in a waterproof UL-listed enclosure, and it would be installed alongside your existing charging station. A WattBox will allow us to enroll you in the pilot, and get you onto the preferential time-of-use tariff.

There is no charge for WattBox. Moreover, we will contribute up to $100 towards the installation of a WattBox submeter under the terms of the PEV Pilot, which in our experience should in most cases fully offset your electrician’s bill. The installation process itself is very straightforward, and it will only take about half an hour or so.

Please feel free to peruse the WattBox FAQ for additional information. The signup form for the WattBox PEV Pilot offer is referenced below. As always, please don't hesitate to reach out to us through email ([email protected]) or through our Power Users group on Facebook.

http://emotorwerks.com/free-wattbox

Click to open

Lucky for us Californians, I surely have taken advantage of eMW's recent offerings for essentially FREE EVSE charging stations, while on the waiting list for the soon-to-be UL approved JB. So far, I've obtained a Classic JB and a WB via these eMW "while you wait" programs. I still own a highly customized Classic JB as well, which I plan to use as a "portable" for traveling purposes while stored in the back of my RAV4 EV. The "free" Android app to use with any of eMW's WiFi enabled JB/WB products, is the icing on the cake! I believe an iPhone version of the same app is also in the werks (pun intended). :mrgreen:

Still waiting for the JuiceBox to get approved. I did order and receive the WattBox. It's installed and waiting to get on the sub-metered plan.

Back