Future Leaf owner.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DougWantsALeaf said:
Both tesla and nissan costs per kw/h are closing in on 200USD. Its lower then most realize if you strip out RnD costs.
Source :?: :?: :?:
Something other than undocumented rumor :?: :?: :?:
If it is really $200 per kWh, why would Nissan stupidly irritate everybody by refusing to announce a replacement battery price :?: :?: :?:
Most would consider a replacement $4,800 battery price (plus OEM markup) to be much better than anyone expected :?: :?: :?:

I bought my wife a 2011 SV Leaf this week. Totally love it, despite the nightmare trying to drive it home 40 miles. I went to 2 fast charge stations and both failed. So I had to have it towed home.

What a crazy week. Sold my pathfinder sunday, boight a Leaf Monday. Then bought a nonrunning Altima for Daughter tuesday, then sold Quest today. All in 5 days. Both cars had to be towed home. :lol:

Now to install the level 2 charger....

oh it has 24k miles and 11 bars. ;)

And if you haven't followed the other threads on the topic, Nissan *did* announce a battery replacement price. The price is $5,500 (including trading in your current battery) plus something like $200 for an adapter kit for the 2011 Leaf that you purchased. It sounded like this would be a dealer-install only, so add a couple hundred for labor, putting the price at close to $6k when it becomes necessary to change the battery.

mctom987 said:
TimLee said:
DougWantsALeaf said:
Both tesla and nissan costs per kw/h are closing in on 200USD. Its lower then most realize if you strip out RnD costs.
Source :?: :?: :?:
Just one source, but…
Half the battery costs $2499 hybridautocenter.com

Thats only for 24, you need 48. I would rather get the US made ones. Seems like overkill way of fixing a battery issue IMO.

I know that company sells one module for $100. I would try replacing one at a time one day in the future when warranty expires. Yes, we plan to keep this 2011 for 10 years.

Well I used a QC the other day and so I know all 3 charger options work in the car.

This morning I installed a level 2 Schneider in my garage on a 40amp breaker. :ugeek:

I cant believe I will never have to gas up my wifes car again for Her. Now she has a dedicated charging station at home! After 24 years its hard to change habits.

The LEAF is AWESOME!!!

Back