Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jarhead1947 said:
Hi Folks,

I thought I would say hi even though I am not a Leaf owner yet, I live near Cocoa Beach Florida. I currently have a 2007 Prius and am looking to lease a SL leaf with Premium package. I have run searches with a 500 mile radius of my zip and I think i found a total of 4 SL's with Premium. I am in current communications with a few dealers in Orlando but no definite offer, yet. The initial offers I got when contacting them via internet were outrageously high. But still working on them.

Hope to join you folks soon.

Semper Fi

Hal
No need to limit yourself to 500 miles. You will find a better deal shipping your car from an out of state dealer. Fontana Nissan, for one, has in the past given good deals when you mention the MyNissanLeaf forum.

spike09 said:
Jarhead1947 said:
Hi Folks,

I thought I would say hi even though I am not a Leaf owner yet, I live near Cocoa Beach Florida. I currently have a 2007 Prius and am looking to lease a SL leaf with Premium package. I have run searches with a 500 mile radius of my zip and I think i found a total of 4 SL's with Premium. I am in current communications with a few dealers in Orlando but no definite offer, yet. The initial offers I got when contacting them via internet were outrageously high. But still working on them.

Semper Fi

Hal
No need to limit yourself to 500 miles. You will find a better deal shipping your car from an out of state dealer. Fontana Nissan, for one, has in the past given good deals when you mention the MyNissanLeaf forum.
the costs to ship from CA would be astronomical, wiping out any savings that you could get by getting the car there. The dealers near Atlanta had huge stock and many were ready to deal and it would only cost 500-700 to ship from Atlanta

spike09 said:
N1ghtrider said:
14,200 miles with all bars remaining. I park outdoors at home and in a covered but open air garage at work.
Wonderful to hear you still are at 12 bars. Anyone else at 12 months or more want to chime in?
14 months, 15025 miles, all 12 bars.

OttoH said:
spike09 said:
N1ghtrider said:
14,200 miles with all bars remaining. I park outdoors at home and in a covered but open air garage at work.
Wonderful to hear you still are at 12 bars. Anyone else at 12 months or more want to chime in?
14 months, 15025 miles, all 12 bars.

Somewhere between 15,000 to 20,000 miles looks like the transition point for Florida residents losing the first bar.

I'm about six weeks shy of one year and still have 12 bars showing, but I've only put 8,000 miles on the car. In spite of that, it's very obvious my available range on an 80% charge is at least 10% down from when the car was new (and I'm always getting the infamous 9-bar-on-an-80%-charge, now).

Hi Folks

I am the now the proud owner of a 2013 SL premium package, floor mats and mud flaps.
I picked it up on Wednesday at Sutherlin Nissan in Orlando on a 24 month, 12K miles on Lease.

Semper Fi

Hal

Jarhead1947 said:
Hi Folks

I am the now the proud owner of a 2013 SL premium package, floor mats and mud flaps.
I picked it up on Wednesday at Sutherlin Nissan in Orlando on a 24 month, 12K miles on Lease.

Semper Fi

Hal

Congratulation! That's the same setup I'm looking for. Would you care to share the detail of the deal you got on the lease?

apvbguy said:
spike09 said:
Jarhead1947 said:
Hi Folks,

Semper Fi

Hal
the costs to ship from CA would be astronomical, wiping out any savings that you could get by getting the car there. The dealers near Atlanta had huge stock and many were ready to deal and it would only cost 500-700 to ship from Atlanta

Weatherman bought his 2012 LEAF SL from Fontana Nissan in California . He got $2000 off MSPR and shipping to South Florida was only $1,100. Dealer Fees are illegal in CA so he was only charged a $55 CA Document Fee instead of the typical $599 they charge down here.

Hey,

No not at all. I've called so many friggin dealers in the Orlando/Tampa/Melbourne area I'm called out. I could only find a few SL's in the area and i hope you can use these numbers to better your deal.

There are so many numbers on this lease agreement it makes my head spin; to wit

24 payments at 337.67

In addition I paid:
498.00 registration fee
497.70 Tax on Capitalized cost reduction
68.50 Florida Fees
595 Acquisition Fee
698 doc Fee
-------------------
--------

If you have any additional questions about the lease, let me know, Im all for transparency...and helping my consumer peers.

Semper Fi

Hal

spike09 said:
Weatherman bought his 2012 LEAF SL from Fontana Nissan in California . He got $2000 off MSPR and shipping to South Florida was only $1,100. Dealer Fees are illegal in CA so he was only charged a $55 CA Document Fee instead of the typical $599 they charge down here.

Only problem was that I wasn't allowed to lease. It was a cash-only transaction. I don't know if Fontana Nissan has changed their policy with regard to leasing cars to out-of-state residents since then (December 2011). If they haven't, I'd skip them as an option. I would never buy a LEAF again. The battery capacity degrades way too fast in the warm South Florida climate.

Jarhead1947 said:
In addition I paid:
498.00 registration fee
68.50 Florida Fees
595 Acquisition Fee
698 doc Fee
-------------------
--------

If you have any additional questions about the lease, let me know, Im all for transparency...and helping my consumer peers.

Semper Fi

Hal

almost all those fees are pure ripoffs, totally unnecessary! the only one that is almost justifiable is the registration fee and that could be as low as $200 if you supply a plate.

tax on the cap cost reduction fee? I have never ever heard of that one!
total rip, I hope that isn't the deal that you agreed to

spike09 said:
he got a great deal on the shipping but there are fees involved with bring and registering the car in Fl, while they may not be $599 they are at least $200+

apvbguy said:
Jarhead1947 said:
In addition I paid:
498.00 registration fee
68.50 Florida Fees
595 Acquisition Fee
698 doc Fee
-------------------
--------

Semper Fi

Hal

almost all those fees are pure ripoffs, totally unnecessary! the only one that is almost justifiable is the registration fee and that could be as low as $200 if you supply a plate.

tax on the cap cost reduction fee? I have never ever heard of that one!
total rip, I hope that isn't the deal that you agreed to

595 Acquisition fee is par of the lease deal, the tax on capitalized cost reduction is the tax you owe the state on the federal tax credit, the Doc fee is the only thing I thing I wouldhave said no to.

Actually given the lack of SL's in FL, crappy dealers, and increasing demand, no additional state rebates and limited supply, you could have done worse. Enjoy and have fun with your great car. What is the sales tax in your part of the world BTW. Also I think you will be getting some of that registration fee back from the state because it is an estimate. The SL with a premium package is almost non existent here. And when one comes dealer are scrambling for them. Till supply starts to pick up dealers are going to be pushing to make more money out of them. I walked out on a SL with the premium package that had been there a few day because the dealer wasn't close to the price I wanted. The car sold the next day, at a no where close to that price I bet.

Thanks for sharing. The info was valuable to me.

electricD said:
the tax on capitalized cost reduction is the tax you owe the state on the federal tax credit,

tax you owe the state? HUH?? there is no state income tax in FLA please enlighten me about this tax, I would hate to not be in compliance because this is a new one for me.

apvbguy said:
electricD said:
the tax on capitalized cost reduction is the tax you owe the state on the federal tax credit,

tax you owe the state? HUH?? there is no state income tax in FLA please enlighten me about this tax, I would hate to not be in compliance because this is a new one for me.

It's not an income tax, as I said it is the tax on the $7500 capital reduction. My understanding is that FL see this as just what it is, additional money up front for the purchase of the car and not a reduction in the actual drop in the price of the car. So even if you put 0 down you would still have to pay tax on the Federal credit. Anyone in FL that has actually leased a car, can you confirm that?

electricD said:
apvbguy said:
electricD said:

It's not an income tax, as I said it is the tax on the $7500 capital reduction. My understanding is that FL see this as just what it is, additional money up front for the purchase of the car and not a reduction in the actual drop in the price of the car. So even if you put 0 down you would still have to pay tax on the Federal credit. Anyone in FL that has actually leased a car, can you confirm that?
I lease 3 cars in FLA and I do not believe that I ever paid any such tax or fees, unless it was hidden well.

Yes,

Good Bad or Ugly, that is the deal I took. I spent far too much time just searching for a SL with Premium. I could still be dickering and have the car sold out from underneath me. So, I made the decision to buy. I'm happy, it's my money.

Semper Fi

Hal

apvbguy said:
spike09 said:
he got a great deal on the shipping but there are fees involved with bring and registering the car in Fl, while they may not be $599 they are at least $200+

No different than if you bought from a local dealer. There's sales tax, title and registration. That's it.

apvbguy said:
I lease 3 cars in FLA and I do not believe that I ever paid any such tax or fees, unless it was hidden well.

It's sales tax. You pay sales tax on the total value of the car. Which means if the car is worth $40,000, you pay tax on $40,000, even if it only cost you $32,500 with the tax credit.

Weatherman said:
apvbguy said:

It's sales tax. You pay sales tax on the total value of the car. Which means if the car is worth $40,000, you pay tax on $40,000, even if it only cost you $32,500 with the tax credit.
maybe that is how it is done where you are but here in FLA I am only paying sales tax on my monthly fee.

Back