External Temperature very Inaccurate

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with the above two posts. It's surprising that something that works perfectly well - outside temp, should be re-engineered into something that doesn't work at all.

My car spends the night in the garage, so we start each day with a coolish 60 degrees or so. All my driving is on San Francisco local streets, going above 12 mph for more than 60 seconds is actually rare - there's a stop sign or traffic light just about every block. So the temperature is usually way off. By mid-day when it's 75 degrees out, the gauge has managed to adjust all the way up to 63.

I haven't always had a good point of reference to compare the temperature gauge, but generally in my experience it seems to be accurate. Today it was spot-on. Of course it takes a few minutes driving at speed for it to settle in.

Maybe the programmer got the "activating" speed-test wrong, looking for 50 kph (31 mph) ... but forgot that the speeds might be in mph, and still looking for 50 (now mph) before starting to correct the displayed reading.

In any case, the "corrections" seem to be WAY overly complex.

Back