EVSE Plug Adaptors, Cords and Modifications Info

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davewill said:
P.S. I wanted to buy from you guys, GeekEV, but I don't have a PayPal acct (and won't because of bad past experience). Anyway, making the adapters is part of the fun.

No love for Elon Musk, eh? No Tesla for you!

I will say this, though, after seeing Revenge of the Electric Car I must say I hate Elon but I love Tesla and Bill rocked!

Adapter (and front license plate) Workshop starting at about 8:00 AM at the Cerritos Hometown Buffet tomorrow (July 2nd) for any interested. If you have them, bring your parts. :D

Well that's pretty much me kitted out for any eventuality except one requiring the California generator adapter:

226020_10150273473409844_704969843_7498687_6175800_n.jpg

Instead of carrying a branded breaker, just pop out the applicable breaker from the box you intend to hack. Say, there is one for a dryer. Pop that out, disconnect the wires using applicable safety concerns, and pop in your wire leads.

TonyWilliams said:
Instead of carrying a branded breaker, just pop out the applicable breaker from the box you intend to hack. Say, there is one for a dryer. Pop that out, disconnect the wires using applicable safety concerns, and pop in your wire leads.

I'm good, I'd already sussed-out the breaker box I'd be apt to bust into most often, and it has the Murray breakers. But that is a fine idea!

But I rather expect that my newly built 120v-240v adapter will get far more use than the breaker box hack now.

Built my own 14-30P (4-prong dryer plug) to L6-20R today, as my EVSEupgrade also arrived today. Happily charging at a full 240V/16A as we speak (to the chagrin of PSO I'm sure since it's 114 outside today).

Between the air conditioner and the car charging, the meter is spinning happily around in circles!

garygid said:
Breaker Panels come in various Brands, requiring matching-brand breakers:
Double-D, GE, etc.
Really? I've used both Double-D (I think, is got a yellow D in a yellow square, is that the same thing) and a GE in my breaker box with no troubles. They look the same. I always thought all home breakers were the same?

GeekEV said:
garygid said:
Breaker Panels come in various Brands, requiring matching-brand breakers:
Double-D, GE, etc.
Really? I've used both Double-D (I think, is got a yellow D in a yellow square, is that the same thing) and a GE in my breaker box with no troubles. They look the same. I always thought all home breakers were the same?
I'm aware of about 15 different types in homes I've seen of various ages, and most are physically incompatible with each other. There's also many old Victorians around here which still have screw-in fuses!

-Phil

Ingineer said:
I'm aware of about 15 different types in homes I've seen of various ages, and most are physically incompatible with each other. There's also many old Victorians around here which still have screw-in fuses!

I'm pretty sure my 2 fuse boxes aren't even compatible in the same home. :)

EVDRIVER said:
Timehorse, I believe you are not quoting properly-

Thanks, EV Driver; eliminating the nested quotes from the quote you want can go a rye sometimes.

Back