EV meetup - NW SolarFest - Saturday July 16th - Shoreline WA

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoSolar

If you're in the area, you might want to drop in at NW SolarFest on the campus of Shoreline Community College on Saturday, July 16th between 10 AM and 6 PM and beyond. It's a free event with over 100 exhibitors/vendors in the Renewable Energy and/or sustainable living arena. Its a free event, as is parking.

SEVA and Plug-In America will be there and are inviting EV owners to display their cars for the day. If you're interested in either all day OR for a short term visit, get in touch with either organization or contact [email protected], the non-profit putting on this, their 8th annual event.

EV ONLY parking will also be available within the event grounds for those who want to visit, but can't spend the day. (EV's will enter via the WEST GATE and drive slowly/carefully around the perimeter of the area to the EV zone. We ask that you stay for a while so as to cut down on traffic)

What else is happening at NW SolarFest? In addition to solar, wind, geothermal and LEAF's:

1. Graham Kerr, formerly known by his TV moniker 'The Galloping Gourmet', will be doing solar cooking demonstrations, giving a presentation on what he calls "The Double Benefit", signing books, and being the great entertainer that he is.
2. Plastics to Oil machine. The 1st public showing of this tabletop processor that could really shake up the world of plastic re-use.
3. The Transportation zone features Tesla Roadsters, Nissan LEAFs, and the Chevy Volt. (conversion cars too)
4. Live entertainment all day long and the Yogoman Burning Band headlines from 6-8pm.
5. The after party is a time to relax, enjoy the live music, some coffee, beer, or wine. 6-8 pm.
6. Entrance is free. Parking is free. Shuttle bus from the Sears parking lot to the site is Free!
7. Another incredible KID ZONE with free solar mini-cars (while supplies last) (thank you to Snohomish PUD)
8. Solar Cooking zone. See many different styles of cookers. Sign up for a how-to class, buy a Sun Oven...
9. Presentations on 3 stages throughout the day. (Main, Blue, and Yellow)
10. Food, entertainment, and BEER GARDEN (beer garden open 12 noon - 8 pm)
This is an excellent opportunity to see the who's who in the new clean technologies and businesses and a great networking opportunity.

So, who plans to drop in at NW SolarFest on Saturday at Shoreline CC?
I know of about 7 confirmed so far, but nobody here has posted a reply.

Will I see YOU there?

Back