EV Connect down?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^
http://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=554941#p554941 seems to indicate so.

However, despite the problems, I did receive the email I expected
Nissan LEAF update: Charging Stopped

LEAF™ Status Update
07:06 PM, April 22, 2019

Charging stopped
Owned LEAF stopped charging. The vehicle's battery is currently at 9 of 12 bars.

Email and text notifications work; remote climate control functions work from BlackBerry (Android) app; app sends status update request, but screen does not update (still shows April 13); website shows updated status; and received status update successful email. The only thing not working is updated status display on phone app. I even downloaded new version of app from Playstore and there was no change.

Unfortunately, I think it's pretty clear that this is yet more evidence that Nissan or whoever it outsources this stuff to isn't very good at writing software. :( But this shouldn't be surprising, most automakers aren't very good at it nor are most hardware companies.

Fortunately, this app isn't critical for (probably) most Leaf drivers.

At least they've passed the "Denial" stage of Nissan incompetence ("There is nothing wrong. Please reboot your phone and try again."), so I'm hoping that "bargaining" is next (Please accept this extension of your EV Services contract for your patience.") Because what comes last is "Acceptance" (Nissan is no longer offering this service.")

Has anyone reached Nissan tech support to get an estimate when this problem will be resolved?

cross post from other thread...

I emailed them and got this response this afternoon.

Thank you for contacting Nissan LEAF Customer Support. We appreciate hearing from you.

We apologize for the inconvenience. At this time, we are aware of an issue with the NissanConnect EV&Services app that prevents certain functions from operating as they should. We are currently working toward a resolution and we appreciate your patience as we investigate.

I also cannot refresh from the main screen in the app, but I found (rather accidentally) that I can refresh the status from the route planner screen. Accidentally because I never use the route planner, but inadvertently tapped it and saw an up-to-date charge status at the bottom of that screen.

I can repeatedly refresh the charge status from the route planner, and it seems to work every time.

Also, I can get an up-to-date status just fine from the web site.

Jeff

I just spoke with a Nissan Rep, App is down as we all know, he told me they are working on it as we all know, told me hopefully up and running by the beginning of next week.
Me thinks I should be reimbursed some off my $8.56 I pay every month. Yeah right!

Coinneach said:
Lars36 said:
I can log in on my lap-top but still won't let me log in on my App :roll:

Force stop, clear cache and storage, log back in.

Did all that, I even removed App and reinstalled, won't let me log in now, hmmmmm. Not a happy camper.

Well, well, well, after I uninstalled the App and reinstalled, I stupidly installed the wrong App, went to Nissan chat and they put me on the right path, all good to go now, I'm up and running again. :lol:

I love this MyNissanLeaf forum!

20 minutes after I read this thread, the CARWINGS website is up and running - with completely renewed design of the battery/charging status. And the remote control is even working! :D
I was waiting for this "miracle" since July 2019. Nissan fixed the CARWINGS right on time - before the winter.

I've been using the phone app exclusively with my 2018. Maybe I'll go back to using the website a lot of the time, as I did with my 2013 while I had 2G access. Is the climate control page also useful and easy? Would you mind posting a screen shot of that?

Never trust Nissan to "fix" something that isn't broken, or to make something that is broken worse. Nissan has tinkered with the Connect app again, and when I tried to start my climate control remotely this evening I couldn't get passed the 'terms of use' agreement that they added. It just loops back to the previous menu. So not only have they added about three extra layers of menus, but the app no longer works. On the bright side, they now show a Leaf the same color as mine, in place of the generic white one. Well done, asshats.

Is there a third party app yet that will start my climate control...?

Last night I noticed that my Nissan Connect app on my iPhone 8 would get stuck in a dimmed state w/the spinner and Please wait... It seems to still have that problem now. I originally figured maybe the TCU got into a bad state or something after I changed the 12 volt battery so I didn't think much of it.

However, their Android app doesn't have such problems and was able to update status of my '13 Leaf SV. (I have both an iPhone and an Android phone.)

Update for me: Their buggy iOS app seemed still stuck for me today, until I received a Nissan LEAF update: Charging Stopped email. Now it works and gets past the grayed out state w/spinner.

Back