EV-ChargeAmerica EVSE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, Tom mentioned that they had not had issues with the Volt (see previous post) and I don't really care.

At the end of the day, I have wasted a bunch of time on this to no avail. Out about $700 in cost, out over $1,400 in personal time to help them make this thing work.

My advice: Buy a charger from Aerovironment with the Nissan waiver. Costs more up front, but will save you a lot in the long run.

celinamike said:
Yes, Tom mentioned that they had not had issues with the Volt (see previous post) and I don't really care.

At the end of the day, I have wasted a bunch of time on this to no avail. Out about $700 in cost, out over $1,400 in personal time to help them make this thing work.

My advice: Buy a charger from Aerovironment with the Nissan waiver. Costs more up front, but will save you a lot in the long run.

Just get Nissan upgraded EVSErev2. Purchase one outright from evseupgrade.com and keep your original unmodified EVSE in the trunk.

After returning my unit to EV Charge America twice, I now have a unit that works perfectly. Tom asked me to let him know how it was working after it's return and was surprised that it worked with the timer on the Leaf. When I come home in the afternoon, I plug it in and enable the unit. At six o'clock the charging starts and runs to completion. I receive an email when it's done. The unit always shows that it is connected to the car, which the previous units didn't. I've used this unit for three weeks now without any hiccup. I can't say its been an easy road, I placed my order November 2010; but I think they have finally worked out the bugs.

I suppose that if you get enough money, eventually you can ship one working product. Unfortunately the rest either have non-function units that EV-Charge America won't address or they have their money without any hopes for a refund.

Back