Does anyone know the Ah number where the 4th bar drops

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at the wiki:

http://www.electricvehiclewiki.com/Real_World_Battery_Capacity_Loss" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

4 bars lost seems to happen around 42.5 Ah remaining
3 bars lost seems to happen around 47.0 Ah remaining
2 bars lost seems to happen around 51.5 Ah remaining
1 bar lost seems to happen around 55.5 Ah remaining

43.8 Ah remaining is pretty close, could happen any day, but probably within a couple months.

Wennfred said:
rreinha said:
I have 2011 Leaf with 47K, it will only take 15.8kWH AC from 4% SOC to 100, 43.8Ah Capacity.
Does anyone know at what Ah the 4th bars drops?

Yep very close, you should be getting a new Lizard pack soon.

How many miles are you getting now?

Fred

I drive 98 to 125 miles a day each charge is about 49 to 52 miles depending on to work or from work.
every morning the GOM says 42 miles
I have been at 44Ah for a few months now and it jumps around from yesterday 43.8Ah to today 44.2Ah. :?
Yesterday I Plugged it at 4.03% SOC Chargepoint claimed 15.8kWh AC put back in
This morning I plugged in at 1.94%SOC (Leaf Display thanks Greg) Chargepoint claimed 16.581680 kWh AC put back in

Capacity loss is pretty slow with temperatures below 60F no matter how much you cycle the battery or leave it sitting at 100% charge.
Losing the fourth bar may require waiting for warmer weather or more time parked in a warm garage.

TimLee said:
Capacity loss is pretty slow with temperatures below 60F no matter how much you cycle the battery or leave it sitting at 100% charge.
Losing the fourth bar may require waiting for warmer weather or more time parked in a warm garage.

Very true; even a short period of warm weather (like the "Indian Summer" we had here in Dallas last month) can briefly accelerate loss. I expect we'll see a lot of bars starting to drop again in May/June.

Back