Do you drive an EV? Be part of our research – 5min Survey

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSUNTC

Hello EV enthusiasts!

In order to increase sustainable development and road safety, we need to learn about your commuting and preferred vehicle safety technologies. We are researchers at the National Transportation Center at Morgan State University and through this five-minute online survey, you can support our study. You must be at least 18 years old in order to participate. Participation in this survey is voluntary and all information will be kept anonymous and confidential. Please use the link below to join our survey.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1LAXfysYG89q5lt-MwiITWzkS_SkAor0ZjAiL3um3yuo/viewform?usp=send_form" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We look forward to your participation and appreciate your support.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE SUPPORTING OUR RESEARCH, PLEASE REDISTRIBUTE THE LINK TO YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS, COLLEAGUES, AND FRIENDS.

Note: This research is conducted under the direction of Dr. Andrew Farkas and Dr. Hyeonshic Shin at National Transportation Center at Morgan State University and approved by the MSU Institutional Review Board.

Thank you!

(edit) Oops, no, my mistake. The survey linked in this thread is an EV survey. Since it points to a Google doc which may or may not be associated with Morgan State University I went to their web site and "found" the survey from there. That survey is the one I commented on below. The survey linked in this thread looks identical to the one you can reach from the university web site, which probably means that it is genuine but just might mean that someone copied it. I wouldn't worry about filling the survey, but would be cautious about giving any sensitive information or following any links to download any content.

(earlier I wrote...)

The survey preface says this which rules out the great majority of potential respondents:

Survey participants must be at least 18 years old and own/lease a vehicle registered in the State of Maryland.

And this which rules out just about everyone else on this forum:

The vehicle should be equipped with: a gas/diesel engine

mwalsh said:
walterbays said:
Survey participants must be at least 18 years old and own/lease a vehicle registered in the State of Maryland.

I don't see anything about Maryland. :?:
Me either, I saw this:
Electric Vehicle Owners’ Survey

Morgan State University’s National Transportation Center would like to learn, through this five-minute online survey, about EV owners’ purchasing decisions, commuting and preferred vehicle safety technologies.

Survey participants must be at least 18 years old and own/lease a plug-in hybrid or plug-in battery electric vehicle. The electric vehicle should be equipped with: a steering wheel and pedals, bucket or bench seats, and carry 2 or more people. Participation in this survey is voluntary, and there is no risk associated with participation. You are free to discontinue the online survey at any time.

All information submitted in the survey will be anonymous and confidential. Only the National Transportation Center will collect the survey responses, aggregate the data and analyze results. The individual survey responses will not be shared with the MVA, other state agencies, insurance companies or other private organizations.

desiv

Done.

BTW, one of your questions references "220V". That standard was changed in North America many decades ago. The standard voltage in North America is currently 240V + or - 5%, which is a range of 228V to 252V. As you can see, 220V is not included in that range.

RegGuheert said:
Done.

BTW, one of your questions references "220V". That standard was changed in North America many decades ago. The standard voltage in North America is currently 240V + or - 5%, which is a range of 228V to 252V. As you can see, 220V is not included in that range.

"Yeah...220, 221. Whatever it takes"

135a8906a6aab8d0a71c9853601a14e0.jpg

done --- a bit better than most of this nature ... interesting questions on use of rail transport; now if I needed to go into the city from the 'burbs of Chicago that would be a different story --- 'burb to 'burb has never had the same option; rail would still be my choice and is when I have meetings. etc. downtown and because the station is only a few miles away from home an EV still makes some sense; monthly rail passes may be less than running your ICE into downtown but pretty much any EV (if you can put up with the daily grid lock) would be cheaper still but parking rates; public charging stations, etc. may eliminate a fair amount of the savings; never a simple solution for everybody.

Hello,

We would like to thank all the people who have taken the time to answer our survey. We appreciate your support and have also improved our survey based on some of your comments. If you would like to know more about our study, feel free to visit http://www.matsutc.org/mode-choice-between-electric-vehicles-and-rail-transit-for-commute-trips/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Due to the high number of responses, we have been able to expand our research from state level to national level.

If you have not taken our survey yet, please do so. Your opinion matters to us.

Sincerely,

The National Transportation Center @ Morgan State University

Does the primary driver charge the EV mostly at home or at work?

I do both, it must be charged at each end, pity there isn't an option for "both"

Education: Trades/Technical there doesn't seem to be any where for that

just a few spots you can refine better.

Back