Disabling the "accept" carwings screen at startup?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a general online form, or phone number, or address for Nissan where we can send in feedback for the Leaf? Meaning both good and bad, but a way to get suggestions like this submitted TO NISSAN (who I'm sure doesn't want to hire a couple full-time people just to monitor this forum) so that they can see what people really care about changing?

I would assume that some of the really common complaints on this forum that seem to be pretty universal are things that they would actually look into changing and providing a TSB or something to address in the future. They can obviously make a quick turn-around on a firmware update based on how they handled the AC restart problem. While this isn't a safety issue, I've got to think that they're constantly messing with the code with little tweaks and fixes, and this is one thing that would be nice to get into the pipeline.

I'm trying to think of this from a lawyer point of view as well, and with the privacy concerns that many people have, this might not be something that they're willing to disable permanently. I'd be happy if it was a once-per-month type of thing. Seems that would be easy to program, right? Add a checkbox or something saying "Don't ask me again for 30 days" or something. Even better (for me) would be somewhere in the setting screens that would turn off the data transmission altogether, including the nag screen, but I'm sure they don't want to do that because they want to collect the data, right? :)

The software running that center console is the one and only thing I absolutely hate :( Well, that and the web interface. It's a total fail.

There's a SD memory card plug behind the plastic cover next to CD/DVD panel. Does it remove it works? or will it erase everything and disable the car.

racerkit said:
There's a SD memory card plug behind the plastic cover next to CD/DVD panel. Does it remove it works? or will it erase everything and disable the car.
That card is running the AV system software. You can remove it, but then you won't have any display at all and none of your climate control buttons will function. :D

To dismiss the "Accept/Decline" CARWINGS screen at start-up without taking hands off the steering wheel, hit the "Driving range button" on the steering wheel twice. The LEAF's touch screen system runs Windows Embedded Automotive 7.

Not much, I know, but at least something.

'Issues' like this made me not buying (in this case a Leaf) a car. I know that especially in the US cars have to have dumb setups for dumb drivers here. But it does not mean that we intelligent people have to accept it, buy it, spend our hard earned money on it.

You can't help people spending tens of thousands of dollars just to be told what to do, and worse: they are doing it!

The consumer has the power. I am using mine, I don't have any complaints.

Later.

Back