Could Ecotality (ECTY) company be headed for financial

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evnow said:
For a 177 employee company, they do look too diversified with little public infrastructure experience.
The fish swims from the head...
Mr. Jonathan R. Read , 55
Chief Exec. Officer, Pres and Exec. Director 320.00K N/A
Mr. H. Ravi Brar , 42
Chief Financial Officer and Principal Accounting Officer 49.00K N/A
Mr. Kevin P. Morrow , 48
Exec. VP - Ecotality North America 255.00K N/A
Colonel Barry S. Baer , 67
Treasurer and Sec. 152.00K N/A
Mr. Donald Karner , 59
Chief Exec. Officer of Ecotality North America

I agree.
Herm said:
the success of commercial charging is very doubtful.

I agree with this, also.
DaveinOlyWA said:
widespead public charging is a MUST for EVs to gain real market acceptance

Note that off-peak rates, whether restricted to EVs or not, favors charging at home and does not benefit public charging.

Further,
- Off-peak rates for EVs only means an additional, separate meter dedicated to the EV, yet another additional upfront cost even though one that can be amortized over time.
- Lower off-peak rates for the whole house means higher on-peak rates which, depending on the specifics of each household's usage, can mean higher overall rates for some even if lower overall rates for others.
DaveinOlyWA said:
4) yes, EVs are much cheaper to run even in the highest electricity rate areas. (those areas should be enacting legislation right now for special off peak EV rates anyway) not to mention the inconvenience of getting gas in the first place

Bottom line - there's no one solution that fits all, which makes it all the more difficult for find a set of optional solutions that will enhance EV acceptance.

Bottom line - there's no one solution that fits all, which makes it all the more difficult for find a set of optional solutions that will enhance EV acceptance.

first part of statement; correct. there are few 100% solutions in any aspect of our lives.

2nd part of statement; incorrect. the more options we have the more interest in the technology

More interest in the technology does not equate to acceptance of the technology, which is the issue I thought we were addressing.

DaveinOlyWA said:
2nd part of statement; incorrect. the more options we have the more interest in the technology

The only options that do anyone any good are the options that are implemented. In any particular are only a very few options will be implemented, and will benefit only those people for whom those options work.

I stand by my assertion that it will be difficult to select a limited set of solutions that will suit the most people. Things like budget and politics have a habit of getting in the way.

DaveinOlyWA said:
More interest its created by having more options available. This allows the technology to work for a greater number of people

I think the next year or two will reveal many answers and that will only be the beginning. EVs see here and new business models will be springing up to support the new needs EVs will require.it will be many in but after the dust settles only a few well emerge

Back