Chevrolet Bolt & Bolt EUV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What you see (inside or out) is nothing like what the production is going to be. The door handles are dangerous (this has been mentioned many times! :lol: Pinch points, the interior was very fake and non-movable, just static. The exterior and shape is still being finalized so don't hold this to the production car...

This was at this L.A. EV Plug in/Drive Electric event... this Sunday

e008402c20d588b3e9b478fac70092bd.jpg

4c71a7e16be23f8e2ae754e6f3f39122.jpg

e76f5e4730a9b7548eb0bbfddfef91fa.jpg

3551d6a623f7cf9d5ca3a6764b8808aa.jpg

4d4b573e820e2b1cc77526e4e13e1fa1.jpg

6725a81a34189b9bbdecc7a19e933536.jpg

JasonA said:
The exterior and shape is still being finalized so don't hold this to the production car...
In an interview the chief engineer of Bolt hinted that external shape is finalized and the tooling had already been ordered. Of course the actual shape may be different from what we see here.

You didn't take a tape measure to that puppy, did you? Just wondering how its size compares to the Leaf. Seems like it's at least a couple feet shorter.

evnow said:
JasonA said:
The exterior and shape is still being finalized so don't hold this to the production car...
In an interview the chief engineer of Bolt hinted that external shape is finalized and the tooling had already been ordered. Of course the actual shape may be different from what we see here.

The spy shots look to be a much more mundane/boring looking vehicle. All the sharp angles seem to be muted and once again a nice looking prototype turns into a dull production vehicle.

chevrolet-bolt-camo-testing-1.jpg

6725a81a34189b9bbdecc7a19e933536.jpg

JasonA said:
What you see (inside or out) is nothing like what the production is going to be. The door handles are dangerous (this has been mentioned many times! :lol: Pinch points, the interior was very fake and non-movable, just static. The exterior and shape is still being finalized so don't hold this to the production car...

This was at this L.A. EV Plug in/Drive Electric event... this Sunday

4c71a7e16be23f8e2ae754e6f3f39122.jpg
Those two front ends could hardly be more different. Look at the light on the LEAF. Ugh.

Roof is going to be cool.
Image: http://i.imgur.com/CYNPtKq.png
CYNPtKq.png

pkulak said:
You didn't take a tape measure to that puppy, did you? Just wondering how its size compares to the Leaf. Seems like it's at least a couple feet shorter.
No, I'm not a weirdo at a conference doing stuff like that with a tape measure and a protractor. :roll:

It's very easy to tell its smaller then the Leaf

evnow said:
JasonA said:
According to GM people who were there... this was "VERY" prototypy...

Aka... nothing like the production version. As you can see in the spy shots, headlights, frontgrill, etc,etc,etc,etc are all different.

This was a fake demo looking car made last year to WOW and impress...

Now get ready for the bland and boring...

I think some elements are showcar-y and others will make it to the production. I think the sheet metal will mostly go to production.

evnow said:
I think some elements are showcar-y and others will make it to the production. I think the sheet metal will mostly go to production.

Sheet metal definitely different based on the spy shots. Look at the two photos above. Look closely and you can see thru the camo. Look at the door handles, typical boring handles unlike the show car. Look at the sheetmetal behind the rear doors. Completely smoothed out without all the lines in the show car. Look at the shape of the windows in the doors. It appears that they added more curvature to the roofline and all the windows are now rounded. The two cars are now very different. It had an aggressive sharp look and now it is soft and curvey.

palmermd said:
Look at the sheetmetal behind the rear doors. Completely smoothed out without all the lines in the show car. Look at the shape of the windows in the doors. It appears that they added more curvature to the roofline and all the windows are now rounded. The two cars are now very different. It had an aggressive sharp look and now it is soft and curvey.
You can't make out - they can add stuff below the camo to obfuscate the details.

evnow said:
palmermd said:
Look at the sheetmetal behind the rear doors. Completely smoothed out without all the lines in the show car. Look at the shape of the windows in the doors. It appears that they added more curvature to the roofline and all the windows are now rounded. The two cars are now very different. It had an aggressive sharp look and now it is soft and curvey.
You can't make out - they can add stuff below the camo to obfuscate the details.

That is possible with some of the panels, but I don't think so, and definitely not the changes to the windows. Clearly a different shape.

They can add and subtract shapes. GM even had a video about this.

Only think you can make out the broad structure which hasn't changed.

The management type I talked to at ALT Expo today said that most of the changes were brought about by what was observed in the wind tunnel... He said, "Some of the concept execution was simply not very aerodynamic..." He also said that, "like with the Volt, our range numbers will turn out to be more conservative than other manufacturers and we expect that almost anyone will be able to hit 200 real world miles..." He also said that a "good portion" of the driveline and battery technology comes directly from Volt 2.0...

palmermd said:
The two cars are now very different. It had an aggressive sharp look and now it is soft and curvey.

Hope GM is serious about the Bolt and just produce a limited production compliance car. The time is right for an affordable 200 mile BEV.

LKK said:
Hope GM is serious about the Bolt and just produce a limited production compliance car. The time is right for an affordable 200 mile BEV.

You mean NOT produce a limited production compliance car, right?

After having use of a Volt for the last two years, I'm really excited for the Bolt. I think it'll be the affordable EV I've always wanted.

Looks like Bolt will be at least as available as Leaf is now - 30k per year.

Not sure what the demand will be.

Back